[ idea ] heavy 2-handed max weapons

Discussion in 'MAX' started by deathix12, Jun 5, 2015.

1. deathix12

long story short, i always though it would be cool for MAXs' to carry REALLY big weps, so i kinda went brainstorming about some weps and want to know if they would be balanced for the game or not. the main thing about these weps besides being powerful is they all get there full potential when combo'ed with the faction pecific MAX ability

NC pit-dog
    lore: NC weapon devs got the idea of taking a vanguards gun and puting it on a MAX for AV and anti-inf roles, they got the Pit-dog. though laking in chamber time this weapon has the power blast through multiple infentry in one shot, and down MAXs' in two shots.

idea for stats, attachments, uniquc mechanics:

weapon type: MAX anti-INF/ anit-vehicle
    fire rate: 300 RPM
    muzzel velocity: 300 m/s
    range: short
    firing modes: auto
    max DMG: 130x22
    min DMG: 50x 22
    reload speed: 1.13 -1.15
    MAG size: 1
    ammo pool: 22
    accuracy :
    standing 1.5
    standing and moving 2
    crouching 1
    crouching and moving 1.5

attachments:
    canister shot ( this will get ride of halve of you pellents but give you alot more AV power to become more viable in AV,also lose the ablity to go through two bodys)

like the lore says, this thing is powerful with one shot bing able to go through and kill two infentry units at once ( verying on how close they are ) but has to reload every shot making you very vulnerable, the way around with is with the aegis shield. sents you hold it with two hands ( like the minigun back in the bata) the shield module is placed on the shoulder making it easier and faster to bring out when your reloading.

TR purge

lore: "during a battle against the NC a TR MAX was left strandid with no ammo, so the MAX went to find a engineer, saddly the battle took there lives, but it didnt take there turrents, so the TR MAX ripped the turrent off the tri-pod and defened against impossible odds untill reinforments came." this inspired the purge

idea for stats, attachments , and uniquc mechanics

weapon type: MAX anti-INF
    fire rate: 500 RPM
    muzzel velocity: 520 m/s
    range: short/mid
    firing modes: auto
    max DMG: 115 before 10m
    min DMG:105 after 65
    reload speed:
    7 short
    7.5 long
    MAG size: 100
    ammo pool: 1000
    accuracy :
    standing 1.5
    standing and moving 2
    crouching 1
    crouching and moving 1.5
    recoil: verticel 0.4
    angel:-0.25/0.25
    first shot recoil: 1.5x

attachments:
    extended MAG (extra 100)
    high velocity ammo

the unique thing about the purge is it design to be in lock down. when in lock down the purge will deploy its shield and turn you in to a ******* scary death machine by giving you the fastest fire rate in the game of 850 ( saddly i dont know the fastest fire rate so i just took a guess) along with the shield that is big enough to block every thing form shoulders down.

VS R.B.R.S.S ( really big rifle shooting star)

lore:the the VS having problems with there own MAXs' not bringing enough power to close to mid range fire fight, the vanu weapon devs desided to go long range creating R.B.R.S.S. not only is the R.B.R.S.S able to throw out power equel to the strongest sniper rifle in the vanu , its able to connect to the MAXs' ZOE making it the most powerful rifle on the battlefield.

idea for stats, attachments , and uniquc mechanics

weapon type: MAX anti-INF
    fire rate: 40 RPM
    muzzel velocity: 450 m/s
    range: very long
    firing modes: bolt-action
    max DMG: 675 before 10m
    min DMG:425 after 350m
    reload speed:
    3 short
    4 long
    MAG size: 2
    ammo pool: 40
    accuracy :
    standing 5
    standing and moving 5.5
    crouching 4.5
    crouching and moving 5
    accutacy when aiming :
    standing 0.5
    standing and moving 0.7
    crouching 0.3
    crouching and moving 0.5
    recoil: verticel 0.4
    angel:-0.10/0.10
    first shot recoil: 2.5x
    attachements :
    6x scope
    8x scope
    10x scope
    the power of this thing comes from ZOE, using it also grant the sniper to have pin point accrucy, higher muzzel velocity of 600, and gains charge ability. this abilty makes a fully charged shot able one shot infentry and 2 shot MAXs' if its a head shot it will kill the MAX in one shot, i feel like a 1 to 1.5 sec is a good charge time. but be warned about the charge abilty sents it is gained through ZOE it also has ZOEs' draw back and will kill you if you over charge to long.
    so what do you gus think, dont you think it would be pretty cool to have big weps like these :D
    • Up x 3
  2. deathix12

scratch the 2 shot with the Pit-dog, its a 1shot with MAXs' with out kinetic armor. i feel that its long *** chamber time justifys it. after all i can normally off another MAX with scats the time it take to get of two shells.
  3. AlterEgo

I REALLY like the TR idea. NC one is okay, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a VS sniper that ZOE actually contributes to.
  4. thebigbortishbort

i love the idea of the purge , maxes have hands why cant they hold weapons :p?
  5. Neo3602

Could be pretty interesting.
  6. Liewec123

people have wanted these for a long time :)
    (well max enthusiasts anyway!)

i'd love to see a TR max slowly walking around with a Vulcan, (an AV minigun)
    NC would likely get something like Tankbuster (an AV shotgun)
    VS, maybe something like sauron? (long range AV lasers)
  7. deathix12

iv done some fighting with the falons and 1.13 chamber time is to slow, 1.10 -1.11 should be good enough. though i do think it should increase with the canister shot ( so people dont bring it in to CQC and try to kit people at mid range n stuff) .

yeah man, if these weps were real i would love to push with the pit-dog in CQC, TR holding a point down with the purge, and seeing the VS piss off every one in long range cuz they have a sniper MAX XD
    • Up x 1
  8. Gemenai

Two handed MAX weapons sounds nice (not the first though someone came up with such an idea).

Those concepts on the other hand? Not really. Only the TR one maybe.

NC would get "just another shotgun". And shooting through bodys is nonsense in my opinion. At least in this game.
    ( And to the *+'# up there suggesting the NC variant to one shot MAX Units - stop smoking whatever it is and play a C4 fairy.)

VS... I don't know why you people have such a hard time understanding that ZOE is useless in its current state.
    Nobody is going to use it, even if you try to force it by letting it enhace a single weapon with extra ability. I mean charge?
    If you want to know how charge on a "sniper rifle" works look at Phaseshift pls.
    And for the reason noone will use ZOE (beside how ****** it is, it also last only 15 seconds and has 15 seconds downtime; making it toggleable again would be a start, even though it would still be useless), the weapon would be just a BASR with SASR damage and long reload time.
    "will kill you if you over charge to long" weapons which explode on your face while using it, would be more a NC thing, dont' you think?
  9. skruffy

LOVE the idea. this is honestly one daybreak should pursue, but the only problem i see is the TR firerate needs to be upped a bit i mean 400 is honestly slow and if he "riped" an engi turret off did it become magically slower?
  10. skruffy

and see this is why no one like VS on the forums, cause you guys always have stuff to talk down on. if you dont like the ideo dont put your pointless opinion in it simple :)
  11. deathix12

i can see where you are coming from my man, and after all these are just ideas but calling the Pit-dog "just another shotgun" is like saying hope diamond is just another diamond. i tried to make every wep unique in what it does thats why the pit-dog hits through mutible bodys, the purge has its shield and the R.B.R.S.S has the chrage. to one shot a MAX you will have to barrel stuff them plus if it WAS real the purge and the R.B.R.S.S would be real to, meaning after you kill some people with the pit-dog, another person is goin to grap a MAX and they have a R.B.R.S.S they can two shot you pretty easly and a locked down pruge with just moe them down befor they can't get close. so theres counters to the one shot, so im not goin to be playin as a C4 fairy any time soon.

yes maybe the idea to one shot MAXs' is a little far and i my take that out in another balance post,or just nerf the chamber time all comes down to what i feel is the most balanced option.

the R.B.R.S.S isnt suposed to just get a pin n' paper ZOE buff it also gets a muzzel velocity buff, accurcy buff and the charge making it in to the strongest single hit sniper in the game, and the "exploding in your face" idea was so poeple could'nt just hold the charge and run around all willy-nilly messing people up, maybe the exploding is alitte on the deep end, probly goin to change the time it take to explode to take much longer, or just make it over heat so you cant shot it for a bit :D

your right that is to slow, that why you use it in lock down, boosting the wimpy 500 RPM to 850 RPM and watch the other fations think twice before rushing in to a door way :b
    its all good my man, when i do disagree with some of his opinions, if not most, his feed back on the R.B.R.S.S helps make it in to more of a unique weapon and less of a lack luster sniper rifle. after all i really want to see these weapons happen but even if it doesnt atleast we as a community help make some great ideas for are own planetside 2 BFGs' XD

also im probly goin to go post more detailed notes on the unique machinics of the guns so less people will think they are OP or UP :)
  12. Gemenai

Daybreak Games Forum Guidelines
    3)
    "Personal attacks - Do not insult, degrade or criticize any person or group of people. Personal attacks are hurtful, often lead to response in kind and destroy useful discussion."

Calling my opinion pointless is a degrading of said opinion and my person. If i don't like an idea or whatever, i have the right to speak/write my mind about it (freedom of speech).
    Also you are degrading every VS player on this forum.

"Non-constructive feedback or comments."

Also you are not bringing anything to the table remotely constructive with that post. Just as a small reminder.

@ OP
    Well why not instead of letting it explode, just handle it like Vortex, Lance or Phaseshift.
    Either it can only be hold for a small amount of time when fully charged.
    Or like Phaseshift, if fully charged it will be fired immediately, but a full charge is not required to get the same result.
    Because, if i would want to explode, i would prefer do it as a kamikaze infiltrator ;)
  13. Kirppu1

Not going to happen, devs aren't reading these
  14. deathix12

well....that akward moment when didnt think of something so simple XD

way to play along mang