idea for little outposts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Oct 1, 2015.

1. elkikko92

The first is to exclude the little outposts from lattice, all around little ouposts controls the capture timer, more you have, and better will be for you!

The second idea is to merge 2 little outposts to create a special big outpost. With 2 control points and an SCU.
    There are 2 spawn area for defenders. I think is the best idea to expand the territory, becouse a zerg in a single little oupost is boring.
    And little ouposts are boring.

Do you aprove?
  2. elkikko92

Another system is to create lattice only between large outposts and facilities.
    And the next facility can be captured only if you have the previous structure yours on lattice, AND a little outpost connected to the next structure.

My suggestion is also to merge little outposts, and create more link lattice between bases.

THERE ARE A LOT OF NEW CAPTURE SYSTEM, and developers dont want them, dont know why! The game actually is boring!
  3. Stormsinger

I like the idea of a pair of base types separate from the lattice system.

First: Hovering capital ship. Put one in the center of each continent, with an interior layout similar to bio labs. Make it multi-level ,but with an open floor plan and walkways to allow Light Assaults to hover up between floors. Give it teleporters with hackable terminals (Multiple of them, hack all 3 to gain port access. Hacking one doesn't take control, it just makes it so no one can use it.) Allow no access from the ground, and place a spawn room via a stationary space-faring vessel docked permanently with an outer hatch - one per faction. The base cannot be redeployed to, spawning is only accessible if you die in the base (or it's airspace.) The faction that controls the base gets access to a number of AA turrets that ring the facility, a few aircraft terminals / pads, and perhaps a few other small bonuses.

Second: Underground Facility. Put 1-2 of these on each continent, perhaps in the general region of the most contested bases (where battle lines usually form during alerts.) Access would be from a number of small, nondescript caves in the mountains, a number of what appear to be storage sheds (with either teleporters or faction-neutral grav lifts) and potentially on the outskirts of cappable bases. The base itself should be a half-finished underground facility, multi level (much like Terran BL-4 was supposed to be, it was originally a crashed alien spaceship with multi-level underground base design, but it was cancelled due to time constraints) I like the idea of a few small facility type areas, connected with subterranean highways, half ruined with fallen debris from the fighting topside (infantry cover).

There would be vehicle terminals here and there, but only flashes could be pulled. Mines deployed on roadways would be detonated once every 5-10 minutes via a facility-wide EMP that would sweep the roadways and spawn exits (of which there should be a few, and perhaps maintenance tunnels connected to owned spawns, similar to the underground gravways in tech plants / amp stations.) A Warning klaxon would sound, giving infantry a few seconds to duck into maintenance / venting beside the roadways to escape the EMP (Which would burn away cloaking flash energy as well as detonate mines / burn off shields) I like the idea of the base owner gaining access to a faction-shielded vehicle bay at the primary above-ground entrance facility, allowing limited Sunderer access to the main room. (But nothing else, it would only allow faction-owned sunderers through, no other vehicles, and no infantry.)
  4. elkikko92

I THINK is good if we merge some bases of a continent and we make a special *base*.
    If you merge the around little outposts to a facility, you can consider the little outpost like a special underground area, infantry only! Linked by a teleport to facility only for defenders.!
    They can improve a lot the bases with merging the actual!
    BUT the main idea is merging, creating a better large base! WHat I miss in this game is large bases with complicated capture system!
  5. Stormsinger

This is true, although I based my ideas on creating new bases that work with the current setup, and include large, complex bases. (The capital ship would be 3-4x the interior size as a biolab, and could have teleporters to existing bases around the region, allowing infantry to assault ground bases through the ship-based teleporters when there's too much armor. The underground facility would be a series of smaller bases connected by underground tunnels, multi cap points, hackable teleporters ,etc. )

As for more ports just for defenders, many of the revamps they've already done are intended to give the defense less ability to defend effectively, as too many bases are built like fortresses, making them unassailable without a massive population advantage. Personally, I like this type of base design, but there should be more hackable / bypassable defenses into secure fortresses.
    • Up x 1
  6. elkikko92

tonight i will try to explain my system with pics and description.
    The basic idea are 2, marging little outpost + little outpost, or merging little oupost around facility
  7. Taemien

Your first idea was how it was a few years ago. But we didn't have lattice back then. I think Conquest mode coming up will have it sort of like your first idea. Where the Large bases are connected by lattice, but the small ones inbetween are not. You can capture small ones next to each other to make taking the large one easier.

I personally like the Conquest Mode idea they have been working on. I wouldn't mind if it was implemented as being the normal way to play. Its sort of a mix for what you suggested. But I do like just about any idea that introduces more SCU's.
    • Up x 1
  8. elkikko92

i like your comment!