i would love a new server that is never updated a CLASSIC SERVER

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by siiix, Jun 22, 2013.

1. siiix

it would be nice to have ONE server that stays un-updated, as it was when the game came out

of course you can bring on all store items and new weapons and vehicles

just leave it as they where when they came out

NO GAME PLAY UPDATES
    NO BALANCING

i like the game back how it was DAY ONE .. then i would come back and play, and i would renew my membership when it will expire ...

please make a classic server ! i cant play this game anymore as it is.. it anoys the hell out of me.. and i'm tired of being afraid of every update.. and then being confirmed that update after update i like the game less and less

JUST ONE .... this is NOT what i signed up for when i became a member , if i could i would request a refund.. but i know i cant :(
    • Up x 4
  2. KAHR-Alpha

What's the point? You love rocketpods that much?
    • Up x 8
  3. siiix

with all they faults of the old game , it was FUN .. i actually cant fly and i rarely tank, so its not that ... but i rather get farmed by air and tanks once in a while then play this wuss boring nothing the game became

its all grinding and boring infantry play now .. why on earth would anyone would play this when there are infantry games with 100x better grafix out that are even cheaper in the long run

you cant even buy explosives anymore, maxes are expensive, and and and, even infantry play is dumbed down to a point where its over the line for me

it makes me sad that the game turned out as it is , and just ONE server would make a lot of people happy who probably would come back if they know about it .. for the rest of you there are tons on servers that are cannibalized update after update to keep you guys happy
    • Up x 1
  4. EliteEskimo

My guess is he must've loved liberators owning everything from the sky ceiling with Zypher/Dalton Cannons :p
    • Up x 1
  5. Cowabunga

Dat renderdistance.

Seriously already? It's only been freaking 11 patches... My gerd people are thick on forumside.
    • Up x 4
  6. DanGadelha

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! No ballancing!!! No bug fixes!!! I say even more... lets have a pre-alpha dev server!! where half of the things lack textures and the physics are iffy!!! OH DEAR GOD PLEASE LETS NEVER UPDATE THAT! I wanna fly my textureles liberator with Zephyr!..

heck.., just give us the source code already and host all the texture/image files on the cloud so we do it ourselves...
    • Up x 2
  7. Tekuila

Can you honestly say you don't miss tank cannon blasts being lethal?
  8. EliteEskimo

I miss that a lot but I have very good aim and I hated this much more than not having splash.

• Up x 1
  9. KAHR-Alpha

Once in a while? To me ESF looked more like the main threat after release, much more than infantry, and any ESF with rocketpods could obliterate a entire squad.
    They were the main reason why I started putting money into the game, I basically bought every AA weapon that existed, and even that wasn't enough.
  10. OmegaPREDATOR

You can go play on PS1. It's a server never updated, and you would love the old style !
  11. Tekuila

Is hard for me to take sides on that one, considering you know I love to tank but I also love to fly.
  12. Lord Robert

I'd play on this massively awesome server.
    Have to promise no nerfs ever though. Never ever ever, everything stays the same.
  13. siiix

never had a redder issue, and i played like 400hours.. i can see infantry until they are as small like 1 pixel, even with 100's of people on the screen.. believe it or not .. i dont care

and yes for me thats 11 patches to much , so much so that now just i stopped playing, only log in to cash on my certs for my membership until it expires

so far i just about hated every single patch, sure there where a FEW good changes, but i rather not have any of that and get all the good stuff back that made this game fun to begin with .. the bad over weighted the good in near all 11 patches for me.. to me it would be a no brainer to play on a server that wont ever be "balanced" LOL or game play mutilated

the thing is this is not really a suggestion to the community as most of the people like me already left the game and eventually gave up the fight on the forum, its to SOE as a suggestion to bring back 1000's of players who liked the original planetside2, most people now on the forum are what's left, of course most of you dont care for the idea
  14. phreec

Nerf this thread.
  15. Pikachu

Old scatmax? :)
  16. Blackonyx

Someone asking SOE for a classic server is just well, Classic.
  17. siiix

i tried that around 2006 and back then i could not handle the low graphic quality , imagine how i feel now about a game that has the grafic quality of 10 years ago :(

plus i like the shop and that i can buy stuff, i liked this game a lot when it came out .. the updates tuke little by little most of what i liked about the game away from me.. by now the only thing i like is browse the shop for items i never even use as i do now actually play anymore

i like blowing s**t up, i do not like so much just running around with a machine gun... there are way better games JUST for that.. just that i have 400 infantry fighting instead of 100 is not good enough to stick with this game.. and i do not really care if its free2play i spent way more money on this game then i would in bf2, bf3 or bf4 or some others < probably combined
  18. dBMachine

Holy ****! Rocket pods were that powerful?
    • Up x 1
  19. EliteEskimo

Old Rocketpods didn't factor in skill though when it came to tanks Tekuila. I regularly get 40-60 kill streaks without losing my tank, but yet if a low BR ESF got behind me I only had 1.2 seconds to press "e" before my tank was gone. It was a load of crap for tankers, and it was a good deal for anyone in an ESF.
  20. Cl1mh4224rd

It'll be as populated as the Test Server...
    • Up x 2