I was on a flash then I turned into a Phoenix rocket.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bu11ish, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Bu11ish

So I was playing TR just a few minutes ago, going on a wraith flash run under a zerg at Allatum Bio. There was the regular render issues and the old stuck-in-place rocket bug still exists.

I ran into a phoenix rocket, and then I sh*t you not I LITERALLY turned into a camera guided missile with a Fury crosshair.

I was initially like WTF happened to my screen, and then I started moving my mouse and I was able to control the camera. Before I could run it into anything though my missile static'd out.

After than my character model disappeared but I was still able to move around on my flash, and everyone else could probably still see me because some dude shot me.
    • Up x 4
  2. AlterEgo

But what if Phoenix was no kill?
    • Up x 1
  3. Corezer

This is what happens when you mix the resin with chemicals, guys...
    • Up x 3
  4. Taemien

To know the Phoenix is to become the Phoenix.

5. Crayv

The Phoenix's rocket's name is Planetside 2.
  6. Steza

Has anyone run into the tank mine that springs your tank into the air instead of blowing up?
  7. Taemien

My Harasser has the nasty habit of finding the mines that EOD HUD doesn't pick up.
  8. Bu11ish

Some pls try to recreate this and record it... My PC can hardly handle planetside at 60 frames on medium-low, I don't want to record/play at 10 fps.

take a wraith flash
    go to buggy zerg battle with NC
    try to run into phoenix rockets, preferably the stationary blue orbs.

This is legit the most bizzarre thing I have ever seen in planetside both in game and on video.
    • Up x 1
  9. Savadrin

Is that how it happened?

[IMG]
  10. Septus

I had this happen to me a few months ago, i was playing VS. I was riding on back of a flash. seems to be extremely rare and would be almost impossible to re-create. i guess you could experiment some, with someone on NC shooting phoenixes and 2 enemies riding around on flash. May only happen in large battles or with lag or when server is acting wonky, high ping and such. It may occur when that rocket gets shot.
  11. AxiomInsanity87

Your gif violated me for 5 whole seconds there lol.

And yes i have had this bug. I was actully high when this happened so thank you very much op.

I was on a flash too but i cannot replicate it and it looked more like i was in a lightning or something but i was on a flash. It was like being taken to an alternate reality for 3 seconds or so lol.

I've also had a bug where i was literally watching a vanguard drivers screen for a second. I cannot replicate that one either.
    • Up x 1