I want more options as a TR medic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xGreedFuSioN, Jun 3, 2013.

1. xGreedFuSioN

Why is the TR medic the only one with NO longer range options? The default gun is okay in medium range and the rest are pure CQC (Just T1 knock offs and TAR/TRV)

VS get the Corvus, which is a full auto sniper rifle with no recoil, and NC get pretty much every gun they have access to.....

Wat du? I've been using the NS11P But I really want something that looks a little more TR and a little less NC with VS stats
  2. metrotw

uh...the sabr13 is one of, if not the best, long range AR's in the game...
    • Up x 2
  3. Seranov

The SABR-13 feels pretty sniper-y in the VR, but I can't really justify buying one to use in live fire situations when 90% of the fighting I do is short-medium range.
  4. Bape

Same can be said for our nc maxes :(
  5. Blarg20011

SABR-13 is a beast, you don't even need the adv. foregrip.
  6. Kevorkian

Looks like the OP got his answer (SABR-13). Now he can put the tissues away.
  7. Hypest

Foop that forced double-burst.
  8. Sharpe

So, you're complaining the TR medic has no long range option when it actually has the best long range option in the game?
    Isn't irony ironic?
    You know, you could have asked, or even just researched it yourself before you made a whiny post...
  9. zuludown88

The SABR is a great option to use, but it takes some getting used to.

Otherwise, the T1 Cycler and the T1S are both good options for medium/long range. Not spectacular options, but good ones.

I'd say the TR assault rifles are pretty good, all considering. It's the carbines that are really lackluster. The LMGs leave a lot to be desired, too.
  10. Word Of Madness

The NS-11A is also a pretty solid long range option if you don't get on well with the SABR.
  11. xGreedFuSioN

SABR-13 Would need to be full auto to be able to compete.
    • Up x 3
  12. DeltaGun

Are you suggesting the Corvus, the highest TTK automatic weapon in the game, is somehow giving VS an advantage over the TR? Dude, you can have the Corvus. Give VS 40 magazine size ARs and see how "balanced" that game is then.
  13. Xind

Pretty much how I feel. The force burst only nature of this weapon makes it so situational it's not worth taking out of VR. If it had any CQC/Short/Medium range effectiveness, I'd be far more interested.

All they need to do is give it Auto, and it'd be good. ^_^
  14. xGreedFuSioN

Corvus is better than the Sabr in any situation.
  15. xGreedFuSioN

Yes, please.
  16. EnviousCipher

Dude.....T1S with compensator and foregrip. No really, go use it for a bit.
  17. WalrusJones

Do note that the only thing you loose from the double burst is roughly a few weeks of mouse life.

What you get is MASSIVE.
    Bloom resets at the end of each burst, resulting in you becoming able to fire what is basically full auto at medium range, without the normal associated risk of bloom.
    - This counts for hipfire too, and it has one of the most accurate rifle hipfires in the game to compliment....... Its low recoil makes it an excellent adaptive rifle with a laser pointer, and 2X sight (some people enjoy using it with HV ammo without any recoil reducers, to make it easier to compensate for the recoil with higher mouse sensitivities.)
    -- This is the adaptive loadout.
    - Obviously, it becomes a counter-sniping tool if you equip the advanced attachments.

Recoil recovers slightly between bursts, while this makes compensating for the recoil difficult (its more like compensating for a psudo-semi auto weapon,) it does greatly increase accuracy at medium range while slamming the trigger.

However, If the two round burst is a deal breaker, the T1S is a very solid early-long range gun too, while using specialized loadouts.
    - Note, it appears to have more horizontal recoil then I have observed it actually having in combat: It may shake your screen hard, but the shots are still landing in a surprisingly tight grouping.

The T1 can get the job done, even, With practice.
    - Too many people forget about the starter gun.
  18. metrotw

The t1 and t1s both got nerfed hard with horizontal recoil..i have no idea how anyone is using either as a "long range gun".

The sabr13 is beast mode..167 damage, bloom resets after every shot...it's a sniper rifle for a medic! If you want a more "all rounder" get the tar and use the forward grip on it. You can hit people at medium range 50-100m np and if someone closes on you, the hip fire is good enough to mow them down without having to ads.
  19. sindz

>Wants a long range gun
    >Wants full auto

I've seen it all now.
  20. Adjuchas

I originally "upgraded" to the T1S (for the barrel attachments), the vertical recoil is pretty horrible on it so long range encounters are fairly fruitless.