I want a shotgun. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maelthra, Jan 3, 2014.

1. lothbrook

Starts at 9 rounds, upgradable to 12, theres still a lot of reloading, but you can easily mow down 3-4 guys per mag and at distances the other shotguns can't touch, its basically an NC max Mattock with 12 instead of 10 rounds.
  2. Pie Chasm

It's hard to go wrong with pandora.

There's currently a bug with semi-auto weapons, including shotguns where the first shot deals no damage.

If you're strapped for certs/SC, then get thanatos. It is the best "cheap" shotgun of all three factions.
  3. FieldMarshall

Auto-shotgun if you play Engineer. The 250 cert one for everyone else.
    Remember 100certs for extended mags.
  4. IamDH

Wow lol i might actually consider buying it now. If only ES heavy weapons had sights >.<
  5. Zapon

Figures on the slug thing for close range since slugs remove the one hit kill power...

I've tested them in VR, and the pandora seems decent, the nova and thanatos- of the two, I seem to get kills in VR easier with Thanatos, but I need to do far more testing

, and for deimos and phobos, I have done a lot of testing, and the Phobos seems to win out- which, seems to indicate for me , that since i like the phobos and thanatos, that the tighter spread is what helps get the kills, as the other ones(nova, deimos) have the more pellets but not as tight spread.....

I need to trial these guns now i suppose- but i've heard of others choosing the phobos over deimos-

One would think the extra pellet of the deimos would help get kills.... .then again, if you're outside one hit kill range of 5 m or so, I suppose the tight spread also might help regardless rather than the extra pellet....
  6. Diodeone

I'm sorry I had to laugh when someone put a shot gun and aim in the same sentence.