I Use AI Weapons To Kill Mass Infantry, Am I A Farmer

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zombielores, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy_m

It tickles me that "Farming" can cause so much angst, to the point that peeps cannot say what they want, just in case they get banned from the forum.

Anyway, this game encourages farming. I see it all the time when picking enemy peeps off from behind the safety of a spawn shield or running around in my MAX suit... It is inevitable that the least effective aspect of the game (infantry) is going to be mass killed by everything that has more "power" and higher resistance to ordnance. Especially when those being farmed don't actually try to do anything about it and then come here to complain about how this that and the other is over powered.

I think yestderday was my most "productive" so far, killing just over 100 peeps before taking a risk too far :D
  2. faykid

i think anything but PTFO method is farming, no matter what weapons you use

a farmer doesn't care about objective. his work may or may not help the base capture/defense, it does not matter to him

i know because i am a farmer and i feel no shame. i play to see those kill messages popping up, it calms me. getting killed and taking risks makes me angry and i can't enjoy my evening if i'm all swearing and shaken
    • Up x 1
  3. Bankrotas

Oh come on, it's fun to be banned :D
  4. Schizomatic

There's moderation on this forum? With the words I've managed to use and get away with--like f*ck, sh*t, motherf*cker, mast*urbation, b*tch, etc...

-waits for it-
  5. Bankrotas

Been banned 5 times. Last one for "trolling", which I'm too lazy to dispute.
  6. LibertyRevolution

Do you use a vehicle to kill infantry? If the answer is yes, then you are a farmer in my book.

I was spawn camped by a BR100 banshee/pod mossie last night..
    There were 2 of us trying to take kwateee fortress, fighting 2 TR infantry.
    Mossie show up and had us camped, I tried decimator but he wouldn't hover, tried lockons, cant get lock without getting wrecked...
    Pulled my dual burster extended mag max, took one step out the spawn to get LOS, one clipped me before I could empty my mag.

Neither 1 of us can ESF.. so we were screwed. All I could do was ragequit.

I come back, pick a different fight..
    I'm on a 15:1 kill streak as infantry defending wokuk north, and get dead by a prowler.. while inside the point room, under ground..
    I took 3 deaths that session, prowler, mossie, mossie.. RAGEQUIT.

Seriously considering just buying COD as I'm so sick of getting farmed by vehicles as infantry..
    Bring the domeshields, or you are going to lose this player.. 2900 hours of Gameplay, and I have enough of getting farmed!
    Vehicles should have no impact inside bases. Let them play with their toys between bases, where I can choose to not get farmed.

/rant

P.S.
    I just got back from a 5 day involuntary vacation from the forums..
    No message in my inbox about what post, and no response when I sent the admin an email to find out which post..
    You can expect me to be posting a lot today, as I had 44 alerts when I came back.
  7. andy_m

Welcome back :D
  8. Borsty

That's really really bad forum mod behaviour!
  9. SerasVic

Was amazed by the ******** level here.

Then i saw it was LibertyRevolution, so surprise was gone
  10. maxkeiser

The purpose of a tank, if there are no other bigger threats around, is to kill and suppress infantry. Any infantry allowed to escape just go off to hurt your team.

Kill them all. It's the only way.
  11. SerasVic

answer this: could you go on a battle between the 2 other factions just to kill them?
    If yes, you are either a farmer or a freaking hater.

For me, i can and do it when there is nothing else "worth it" enough on my faction side
  12. maxkeiser

Just one more thing, if you want pure infantry tests of skill, just get CS:GO.

No vehicles and just infantry to shoot. I love it. But I also love planetside (with the vehicle mayhem).

Just don't play planetside and complain about vehicles, ffs.
    • Up x 1
  13. stalkish

Cant see any evidence of that in your kill chart, i assume this is you.
    And even if you have 'played alot since then' (which is doubtful since Oct-19 at 5:41 PM i consider evening and you said last night..) then what the mossy did was perfectly legit, he/she supported their ground troops and enabled them to secure their territory, what did you expext the mossy to do? Just leave you to take the base with your super awesome leet 15-1 KD (which i also see no evidence of before your 'rage quit').

I dont usualy like to call people out on this sort of thing, but your opinions are supported with evidence that seems to just be plucked out of your imagination. Not what we or the devs needs when discussing balance.

Or were you conveniently playing an alt??
  14. SerasVic

This guy is a well known troll, leave him.
    (last time he made a post about AP shouldn't OHK infantry ... you see the level there)
    • Up x 1
  15. stalkish

O i know, i just feel others should also be made aware of the bull.
  16. LibertyRevolution

I kill a ton of people, even though I suck, nothing lasts on my killboard...
    This was early this morning:

15:1 and 2 of them were maxes, I was fighting AOD ;), it is long gone off my killboard...
    Here is a 13 kill streak from oct 13th.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob_sgql3uzI#t=388
    See.. even BADS get lucky sometimes. ;)

I can pull the mossie deaths on his though.. HERE:
    [IMG]

I cant post the "prowler mossie mossie" deaths as I was not getting spawn camped by a BR100, so I don't have their names.

I wish I had him murdering my Max on FRAPs, I would start a balance banshee thread with that clip.

If you understood my AP thread, you would understand that the complaint was it has no downside compared to heat.
    They really should remove the OHK on AP to make HEAT worth using..
  17. Jake the Dog

If you have the capability to destroy enemy spawn amd instead destroy enemy foot peons then yes u are a farmer.
  18. Alan Kalane

NOT FARMING
    Pushing back the enemy infantry without terrible overpop of your faction
    -------------------------THE BORDERLINE OF FARMING--------------------------------
    FARMING
    Staring at a shiny box (the spawnroom) and pressing the left mouse button whenever the texture changes

THE DEFINITION
    Farming - farming is when your faction outpops the enemy so much that they have no chances to retaliate and are forced back to the spawnroom. A lame method of getting kills without putting your precious tank/yourself in danger with certs in mind (instead of being useful to your faction).Also refered to as spawncamping.
  19. Astriania

You're farming if you are making infantry kills in preference to pushing an objective. The most obvious example is using a tank to shell people around a sundy and not actually the sundy itself, or spawn room camping (maybe 'suppression' could be claimed there but that's almost never what's going on), but there's other behaviours that are essentially farming, like using banshee or lolpods (or Zephyr) to pick off infantry in small fights, or pulling a HE tank. Standing on the edge of a fight and picking people off instead of helping your faction get to the point is farming as well (for example essentially all snipers are farmers).

If you're killing enemies on the way to an objective, that's just aggressive play.
  20. Borsty

I changed my mind. You should do whatever you like and the game allows. The whole discussion about "what is farming" and taking the moral highground by playing "fair" and not farm... that's all noble and a total waste of time.

Do whatever you like, and if it ***** up the gameplay experience it will hurt SOE's moneyflow, and the more it does that, the sooner it will change. The "nicer" we are, not using methods that allow success without risk, the longer it will take to change.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.