... I turned coat today...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Corezer, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Corezer

I did what I thought of as being my last game today... I set back my damn near perfect 89% LA play to get on... Infiltrator.

I was tired of being someone who mained a class where I wasn't allowed to be as effective as I could be, for the sake of fun, where everyone who had fun as their other classes could do so while making meaningful contributions to the team, so I had been playing on an alt as medic for a while, laying down swaths of destruction wherever I went while being much more sustainable with self healing and being able to necromance my allies after every engagement.

When SOE, in their brilliance, came out with the motion spotter, I saw how broken it was and just straight up stopped playing for a little while.

Tonight, I returned, got on my main, and invested some certs into the infiltrator. Got nano-cloak 1 level from max, got a vandal, lvl 2 g bando with emp, and motion spotter lvl 4.

maybe the 3rd time playing infil, and the 1st time picking it to main as opposed to only pulling it out in situations where I knew it would succeed.

At first it was somewhat difficult, until I saved up about 15 certs I needed to get a 2x scope for my vandal. Then it was so broken I literally felt discontent with success, like playing the game was just some chore my parents made me do when I was 9. The only things that killed me were other infiltrators and if I wasn't paying attention a friendly tank running me over (the monotony of the gameplay made me start drooling on my keyboard a couple times)

Everyone was a triangle, I felt dirty, in a little over an hour I was 69-14 (really 20 but unlike LA I can frequently get revives) and I ended with a 34 kill streak at crimson bluff...

I am so tired of playing the red headed stepchild of... whoever the infiltrator's parents are. I refuse to believe that my fate in every game I pick up will be choosing between effectiveness and enjoyment, this game just isn't the one... yet... here's to hoping the LA update actually has a meaningful impact on the class.

I didn't even try using stalker to sit on a point... my skin is crawling a little thinking about it.

Until the update, I'm on titanfall, peace...
  2. cruczi

This forum isn't your personal blog
    • Up x 1
  3. Iridar51

Exactly, it's my personal blog.

Joking.
    To be serious, obviously, the SOE people will see that their game is in the decline by looking at the "number of the active players" figures, but letting them and the rest of the players know why this game in the decline wouldn't hurt. This will prevent them from thinking "oh the Titanfall launched so ofcourse lots of people will leave to taste a new shiny thing, can't do anything about that".

I know for a fact that if planetside 2 was better than it currently is, I wouldn't leave it for Titanfall. I won't speak for Corezor, but I'm sure that there are many other people that feel the way I do.

I played Titanfall for a few days, and while I don't find it to be the best game ever, it fulfills my expectations. I was promised this, and the game fulfills its promise 100%. Planetside 2 promised me that, and I didn't see one second of it.

It's community managers' job to keep the higher-ups informed of the opinions and moods of the masses, so there's always a chance that they will see posts like this and convey the information.

Other players will see a post like this, and it will perhaps discourage them from wasting money, time and effort on playing a broken, undeveloped, stillborn and not fun game, which also doesn't have a prospect of becoming better.
    • Up x 4
  4. CharlieTwoZero

@Iridar51 You missed the part in the trailer that said "not actual gameplay", with that said, you have never droppod`ed, never been in a fight with inf. , tanks and EFS`S, never put a spawn beacon, never flown a Gal, never been in a Gal, then your doing it wrong.

@Corezer you dont main anything, you play what the situation calls for, to be effective.
    • Up x 1
  5. Iridar51

/sarcasm on

Oh as long as it says "not actual gameplay" then it's completely fine. By all means, let's include all the things into trailers that don't have anything to do with the end product, but make it look more appealing in the eye of the potential consumer. Let's insert a number of mechanics that look cool, but will never be seen in the game itself.

/sarcasm off

Trailers are created for a reason: they let the potential consumer preview the content, to see if it appeals to him. Trailer is a promise: "in our future game you will see this, engage in that, and there are also this few cool mechanics to spice things up".
    That CGI trailer promises fast paced action with main focus on Light Assault, his fast and powerful jump jets, vehicle interaction mechanics, and wounding the crew and passangers of said vehicle.

That CGI trailer has as much in common with PS2 as the latest James Bond movie.
    • Up x 1
  6. McToast

Moin

This... trollbait... must... resist... can't....

Infiltrator is fine. LA could use some love, but a shotgun wielding c4 fairy isn't so bad. I don't want to bash you or your skill, but 69:20 is easily possible with a LA.

But I find it very meaningful that you switch to Titanfall of all things. It's basically CoD with mechs. Not bad, but just a new shiny console shooter. Have fun there.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
    • Up x 1
  7. ZeroErrorz

personaly i say the game is on decline right now due to SOE attidude of alienating the vets player, by introducing EZ mode weapon and Rushed update instead of a polished one,idk what soe think right now but personally if they want people to spend money into their game they should focus more on the TRUE audience since they(yes including me) are the one thats gonna pay, not the noobs since they are problably going to leave the game than the vets (believe me 4 out of 5 people who start playing this game leave this game), the thing that disappoint me is they ruin the game for some quick cash grab with rushed content and for what moar people playing this game, get real since
    -the game have a very high spec requirement to be able to play it on a stable rate
    -the game is very unforgiving for new player
    -the weapons cost is too damn HIGH
    -the game have a high skill ceiling gameplay that takes alot of time to perfect (esf,lib crew,sniping,cqc mastery,etc)

the only type of core audience the game have is those who can handle the hardcore aspect of the game,i doubt any casual would be able to do it, since even just to play it properly your talking at 1000$/1500$ rig to start it off.
  8. cruczi

Aaaand here's the announcement trailer for Titanfall, matching PS2's cinematic trailer more than the gameplay trailer does:

Does it have huge space fleets (0:35)? Can you slide under the feet of an empty Titan and have it pick you up into the cockpit (1:05)? Can you grab people and throw them (1:25)? Can you have half a dozen Titans fall down at the same time (1:45)?
    • Up x 1
  9. asdfPanda

It's not that infil is OP, it's that LA needs a little love. If I were SOE, I would have put work into an LA update and BFRs to parade off of the Titanfall hype. At least the LA update would have been nice.
  10. Robertooooo

It seems to match the real gameplay better than the PS2 cinematic at least. The only thing the PS2 cinematic has incommon with the real game is that LA's can use jumpjets and that infiltrators can knife people :D
  11. cruczi

True, it does match it better. But that's because it's not CGI.

Cinematic trailers not displaying the actual game engine should never be taken as promises of what the actual gameplay will be like, they are more like what you would see in cinematic cutscenes if the game was a single player game.
  12. Gundem

Call of Duty with mechs?

Still better then Call of Duty with dogs!
  13. InterSpectra

LA is still my main class, despite all the changes. All vehicles you spawn are tools, just like C-4. Combine them together and you can do some heavy damage. I mean there's no point keeping Aerospace/Vehicle resources capped and not use them!

14. Iridar51

LOL play the damn game before saying things like that.
    Yes, you can do every one of those things in the game on the everyday basis. Campaign part has huge space fleets.
    There are lots of different interactive animations of getting into your titan, including underfeet slide. There is game mode called "last titan" or something like that, and at the start of the match both teams deployed in their titans.
    That trailer is made on game engine, and the actual combat parts are nothing more than in-game footage. Titanfall delivered on its promise.
    • Up x 1
  15. RIctavius

You still paid nearly 50 quid for it.
  16. Iridar51

And? Your point? As long as game is technically free it can be bad? It should be bad? It's expected to be bad? Game can't be held accountable for being bad?
    I paid $33 for titanfall, and invested a lot more in PS2. Wish I didn't. Granted, it's not like PS2 required me to pay. But I paid nonetheless, because a promise was made to me. First I was promised what I saw in the CGI movie. When I realized the game is still deep in the beta, I continued to invest money because I was promised that game is going to get better.

A year passed. Some things became worse, some things became better, but PS2 is still nowhere near what I would consider a fun game and a worthy investment, and it's rapidly moving away from that, while still upholding its "deep in the beta" status. A year after the release and the game is not even close to being finished. PS2 is one big lie.
    • Up x 1
  17. cruczi

I asked questions. I didn't make claims. Fail interpretation

Good to know. I only posted the video because the video you posted was a false analogy to the PS2 trailer. But alas, so is the one I posted... since it's not done in CGI, its contents can't be compared to a true cinematic trailer like the PS2 trailer.
  18. Rogueghost

Is this a thread of about Titian Fall, Infiltrators, or Light Assaults, I really can't tell.
    • Up x 2
  19. cruczi

This is a thread about Titanfall, Infiltrators and Light Assaults.
  20. RIctavius

You know I'm too tired to even bother trying to argue with you.