[BUG] I tried everything... nothing works... about to give up...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by itsallgoodgames, Jun 6, 2016.

1. itsallgoodgames

reinstalling my OS is the one thing im not wiling to do.

I did update all drivers from mobo website.
  2. Scorpion97

I read your tips as well and my fps became way better but do you have any suggestions about to fix a crash while logging from the character list?
  3. Jex_=TE=

Do you have another g/card you can try? Also try taking out half the ram and swap them over to test.
    • Up x 1
  4. Horrida Messor

First completely disable fog shadows, second use borderless window mode, and it may sound stupid, but don't enable fps display in game (I was CTDing like mad with it)
  5. DonkeyX

Maybe it's the game and not your system. I had very few crashes over the past year until DB started adding stuff. Now it crashes about every 20 minutes. Actually, it more like freezes and I cannot even get back to the desktop. I have to sign off in order to close the Planetside64 program. That's on Winblows 10. On Windows 7 it was crashing to desktop about every 15 minutes. Yea, 5 extra minutes.
  6. itsallgoodgames

naw i don't wanna do all that, not worth the hassle.
    but any other games i played worked great, Prime95 testing was good too.

I've done all combinations of what ur saying, non of that fixes anything.
  7. Jex_=TE=

It's not that much hassle. Pop the top, pull it out reboot job done - 5 minutes tops - if you like playing the game a lot then 5 minutes of work to potentially fix a game that might give you a couple hundred more hours of fun seems like a fair trade to me :)
  8. Mukawkis

Wait a minute!are you saying that the game freezes with windows 10?!I'm also running on windows 10,keep crashing to dektop everytime I press login at the character list,it just keep saying "logging in" for like 5 minutes then crashes to desktop :confused:
  9. Stormsinger

Glad to hear it! As for crashing while logging from the character list... I'm not sure on that one, it's not one i've experienced (other than when I attempt to tab out mid-loading) - Is there anything in your event log from the crash? (Start --> type in "event viewer")

It might be worth looking into your event logs as well, although PS2 frequently doesn't generate any, i'd recommend checking. Additionally, what Power supply do you have, and how old is it? The minimum for your GPU is 600 watt, as far as I can tell (Although I'd suggest a 750 minimum)
  10. stalkish

Next time this happens do the old Crt-Alt-Delete, click task manager, then click on the new desktop button next to your start button.
    You can then drag task manager into desktop 2 and do the usual end process technique for ps2.
  11. RollTideMustang

I do not understand why some of think it's your PC. It is not it seems to be some kind of BUG by PS2. I am mean seriously go read the Forum [BUG] you are not the only one that is crashing. I noticed PS2 replaced my PlanetSide_X64 file but did no good. I have never crashed until this patch came out so ummmmmmmm common sense it's the patch...
  12. Mukawkis

event viewer?
    can you be more clear?
  13. Stormsinger

Bring up the start menu, and in the bar that lets you type, enter, "Event Viewer" - at the top of the list of items, there should be one called "Event viewer" under programs, click that. It will bring up something that looks like this.
    [IMG]

Any useful info related to crashes will likely be under "Error" in the middle of the screen, or potentially "Critical" if a major event happened (Driver crash / hardware failure that caused the crash.) - It may also be under "Windows logs" in the topleft, or perhaps "Applications and Service Logs."
  14. stalkish

On windows 10 you need to right click the start button to get to the 'Run' bar.
  15. itsallgoodgames

no seeing nothing
  16. DeathbyGotcha

A general rule of thumb is if your pc crashes into desktop it is a driver issue if your pc reboots its a hardware issue so it looks like you need to do a bit of updating not just on your graphics card. Try using Driver booster 3 free edition make sure your pc is using all the latest drivers.
  17. KaletheQuick

This guy knows what's up.

Does anything else crash to desktop in the same way? Try other games, graphics benchmark software, CPU benchmarking software. Then try to find crash reports. Then one by one swap out every part of your computer until it's a different computer. Then update to windows 10.

Muh variables.
  18. TeknoBug

Sounds iike an odd scenario but I'll try:

- is smothing turned off?
    - Check UserOptions.ini to be sure MaximumFPS isn't set too low (try 60 or 100 or 120)
    - is the AMD driver up to date (and try uninstalilng using DDU and reinstalilng it)
    - is the R9 280 new or second hand/refurbished and running cool?
    - is the integrated GPU disabled or not connected (or worse yet, might be the primary GPU which I've seen happen)
    - is your memory configuration correct? DDR3/DDR4 slot 1 and 3 or slot 2 and 4 for dual channel and using same model sticks?
    - how's your PSU? adequate amps to the PCI-E connectors? This is a BIG deal.

I used to have an R9 280 for a while and got ~100-110fps with it.
  19. Syllabear

Is this the only game you have problems with? If it is, then you know what is the problem. A friend and other guys are having constant crashes too...
    Also, my pc get "freezed" when i close the game. It is permanent until i restart or switch windows user.
    So far i have not problems with the game... i am in very low settings because when there are big battles fps drops.

Plus, is not the only game ive seen this... but when they start to add stuff, skins, lights etc. the game starts having troubles. Like is not optimized for it, but i could be wrong who knows.
  20. RollTideMustang

Is this the only game you have problems with? If it is, then you know what is the problem. A friend and other guys are having constant crashes too...
    Also, my pc get "freezed" when i close the game. It is permanent until i restart or switch windows user.
    So far i have not problems with the game... i am in very low settings because when there are big battles fps drops.

Plus, is not the only game ive seen this... but when they start to add stuff, skins, lights etc. the game starts having troubles. Like is not optimized for it, but i could be wrong who knows.

***(What? Wow! Are you saying that when this happens you restart the PC & never happens again? My settings are on Ultra & Frames are 60 FPS.

MY RIG
    Case Cooler Master HAF 922
    Corsair RM Series 650 Watts
    ASUS LGA1150 Z97-A
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~OC 4.4GHz
    CORSAIR VENGEANCE 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (Maxed Out On AsUS Board)
    WD Blue 1TB Desktop 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive.
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5 Pcie Video Graphics Card, 4GB
    Model:GV-N970WF3OC-4GD
    Win 7 Ultimate. X64

Has everyone noticed that PS2 keeps replacing the Planetside2_X64.exe this is about the 3rd time they replaced it.
    I crash every 2hrs...Just odd everybody is random...)***