[BUG] I tried everything... nothing works... about to give up...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by itsallgoodgames, Jun 6, 2016.

1. ObiVanuKenobi

No idea where you heard that.
    There are no "graphics optimizations" windows applies when you run a program in windowed instead of fullscreen and it wouldn't make any sense.
    Uhh.. that's not how it works.
    All games should run better in fullscreen unless they have some sort of a bug or your pc has issues because in fullscreen mode your pc has to render only the game which obviously means better performance and more resources dedicated to the game unlike windowed where it has to render your desktop as well. Windowed and borderless windowed have the advantage of faster alt tabbing but that's barely noticeable especially if you have a good pc. Also windowed and windowed fullscreen increase input lag.
    There is no reason to use windowed or windowed fullscreen unless you're streaming or something.
    • Up x 2
  2. itsallgoodgames

Okay i played in a more heated battle and was always CPU bound at around ~30 - 40 fps. Still choppy animations but smooth movement so it was playable, but then BAM crash again randomly. Had about 31 fps at that moment, CPI bound.

Ultra settings, LOW shadows.
  3. itsallgoodgames

never mind.... went into heavier actions... 20's fps... cpu bound... crash in 30 seconds... **** this man im done...
  4. Stormsinger

I am speaking from 20 years of personal experience (Although this only applies to winXP release and up) you are correct in thats how it should work. In my experience, however, it works as I described. Either way, its something for him to try. I can't run Planetside for more than ~40 minutes at a time in fullscreen without crashing. In windowed mode, my FPS jumps from 40 to 60-70, and I can run for ~18 hours without being thrown to the desktop in most scenarios.
  5. Ragnarox

Try some another game if it crash again there is something wrong with your PC or windows 7.
  6. itsallgoodgames

nothing wrong happening in any other game i've played.
  7. Shadowomega

Well the game is hard crashing for alot of people with the last weeks patch. Not talking about the hotfixes.
  8. itsallgoodgames

Full screen windowed made my max fps rise dramatically, but in heavier action still drops down to the usual.
  9. ObiVanuKenobi

After some testing i get 2-3 less fps while playing in windowed (tested it in an empty area by looking at the same spot without moving), not a big difference but still. Your pc must be special, does your fps lock to a specific number while in fullscreen? Could be vsync.
  10. Scorpion97

Dude..
    at least you crash INSIDE the game,some people keep crashing everytime they press "login" at the character list
  11. Scorpion97

windows 10 pro (64 bit) Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702MQ CPU 2.20GHz RAM:16GB

that's my system,is it outdated for the game?
  12. Stormsinger

Nope, I have no real screen tearing, so no reason to use V-sync. My FPS doesn't lock to a specific number, although I have toyed with GPU driver writing / editing in the past (which did some odd things, but stopped me crashing as much xD ) , this is a stock driver (Nvidia EVGA 670 GTX FTW edition, about 3 years old, but it still works well enough - the 1080 looks nice though, I may grab one of those eventually) In heavy combat I get down to ~30 FPS, but when it's relatively clear I see up to ~90 or so at the absolute most.
  13. Stormsinger

Well, at least thats progress. This one is a long shot, but you could try upping Process Priority as well (Task manager --> Processes --> Planetside2.exe (or whatever it's named) right click, set priority to 'above normal' - don't go any higher, as this can cause some instability.) - Planetside 2 is a rather CPU bound game, so that might help.

Edit: I've also found that things such as Aero peek (The taskbar mouseover preview) can seriously impede performance as well - you could try setting your windows theme to basic (any of the simpler themes) and see if that affects anything.
  14. The Rogue Wolf

Have you checked your BIOS to ensure that there are no power-saving options enabled? They can force your system to do weird things. Crashing is a little extreme, though... I'd also recommend using some sort of monitor program to keep an eye on things like CPU load and temperature as you're playing.

Also, just a hunch: Try removing and re-seating your RAM. I've known more than a few people who ran into oddly situational stability problems because one RAM stick wasn't quite sitting right.
  15. DragonRoach

Make sure you dont have a FAULTY memory chip, test them throughly.
    Try running Prime95 in BLEND mode (max mem utilization).
    I've had same thing when i messed up with memory timings in BIOS, crash after crash.
    Also, I crashed a LOT when raised my FSB too much (still, memory was the problem).
  16. RollTideMustang

I crash every 2hrs it seems it is not the USER it's PS2 period. PS2 can not be that stupid to say it's not them.
    Other wise players would not complain about the Freeze or crash to desktop. Now they got another Hotfix to put out.
    It's not because you do not have enough 4GB of ram. I am running fine with my PC i7-4790K 4.0 with 32-GB of Ram Memory not 8 not 16. I have 32 for my own good reasons even though players say good gawd why bro? don't worry about it. Atleast I will never have a short of memory issues. Anyway's Geforce GTX 970 4GB RAM but Shared System Memory of 16GB. I never lagged. I never crashed until this Hotfix came out. It is clearly it is PS2. Paying members like me we have the right to be MAD. We pay we do not expect to crash every 30mins or 2hrs or what-ever the time is...PS2 would be mad to if they had SERVICES and did not work right...I know I am right it's just common sense...
  17. itsallgoodgames

did prime95, didn't get any problems.

I tried disabling power saving stuff, speedstep and C states. I think my loading times improved but i still got crash.

Well, at least thats progress. This one is a long shot, but you could try upping Process Priority as well (Task manager --> Processes --> Planetside2.exe (or whatever it's named) right click, set priority to 'above normal' - don't go any higher, as this can cause some instability.) - Planetside 2 is a rather CPU bound game, so that might help.

Edit: I've also found that things such as Aero peek (The taskbar mouseover preview) can seriously impede performance as well - you could try setting your windows theme to basic (any of the simpler themes) and see if that affects anything.

I did the tip of disabling aero in .exe properties, didn't make a difference.

Overall, what im seeing is that even if my fps is 50+, i still get choppy animations and soon crash in VR map and heavy action.
  18. customer548

Stupid questions, but did you made a clean install of DirectX (i crashed because of it), are your firewall settings ok (my own firewall asks me for accepting sound/voice while i already ingame sometimes after a patch), did you make a fresh install of your OS ? Or maybe just wait for a hotfix, i saw 2 threads related to crashes yesterday.
  19. itsallgoodgames

i allowed the exe in my kaspersky application settings and i turn it off anyway before running game to save on CPU performance.

ill try to reinstall directx

edit:
    actually i can't lol, its integrated into windows 7 in weird way... if i run installer it just says im all up to date.
  20. customer548

if you can't, it's all good.
    Did try try to copy your game directory and documents on a back up and make a fresh install of your OS ? Or just make a fresh install without erasing your documents...but then you'll have to update your OS + reinstall all drivers.

But i'd rather suggest you just to wait for a fix if the game worked properly before the lastest patches.
    ( Shadowomega wrote "Well the game is hard crashing for alot of people with the last weeks patch. Not talking about the hotfixes.")