[BUG] I tried everything... nothing works... about to give up...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by itsallgoodgames, Jun 6, 2016.

1. itsallgoodgames

SPECS
    i5 6500 3.2Ghz
    16 gig ram(2 8 gig sticks) 2400mhz
    Asus Z170-P mobo
    R9 280 radeon
    Windows 7 64 bit

I tried ALL settings, very low, ultra, shadows off, smoothing off, hud off... etc etc
    I tried game booster, changing GPU application settings(turning off optimizations)
    I tried installing thru steam, and without steam.

I updated ALL my drivers, gpu and mobo, BIOS updated.
    I tried disabling CPU speedstep and C states in BIOS.
    I tried settings CPU cores to high affinity, i tried unparking.
    I tried windowed mode, fullscreen windowed.
    I scanned for malware, i cleaned my pc, i ran file integrity check in PS2 launcher.
    I monitored my CPU temperature(always <45 degrees)

BUT NOTHING ***** WORKS MAN NOTHING!!! IM AT MY WITS END AND
    AND IM ABOUT TO QUIT FOR GOOD... ITS SO FRUSTRATING NOTHING WORKS!!!!

On the VR map and in even light battles and especially heavier battles, my FPS drops into 30's and my gun animations start getting very choppy and sooner or later BAM crash to desktop no message or anything.

With very low settings on VR map, i can see my fps is 50 but i STILL get choppy gun animations for some reason and BAM CRASH.

WHY WHY WHY!!! i don't know what to do... why the **** is this happening?!?
    this game is so fun when its working, but i just can't take it anymore im bout to give it up for good. i really tried to fix it, this forum thread is my last resort.
  2. DeadlyOmen

3. itsallgoodgames

to the point where it causes a game crash!?

I have 60 dollar a month high speed internet. Its supposed to be the good stuff.

How do i check my latency as it would be in game?

I live in brooklyn New York and use the East coast server
  4. DeadlyOmen

Ping should show when you hit escape or tab I believe...

Also, your CPU is staying cool, what about MB?

I wouldn't expect latency to crash a game, but run choppy? yes.
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

High latency doesn't cause low fps. Players and vehicles might warp around a bit but that's it.
    • Up x 2
  6. itsallgoodgames

MOBO even cooler than CPU.
  7. itsallgoodgames

OKAY TESTED ON VR MAP AGAIN.

latency ~30ms
    server latency ~60ms
    connection: GOOD

ULTRA LOW SETTINGS, RENDERER QUALITY on 50%.

FPS fluctuating from 40 - 60. CPU bound.

Same choppy gun animations(zooming down the sights, running)
    Shooting gun is responsive, movement is smooth.

Crashed twice, once as SOON AS MAP LOADED,
    Second time after about 60-90 seconds.

WTF IS GOING ON!?!?
  8. Diggsano

Calm down....
    You should make some settings with Nvidia
    Also you should set a FPS limit when the nvidia settings are saved, go to useroptions.ini
  9. itsallgoodgames

I have R9 280 radeon.

u trollin?
    • Up x 1
  10. DeadlyOmen

CPU bound...hmmm I think the game runs from my GPU
  11. Stormsinger

I see that your CPU uses Intel HD Graphics 530 - I've encountered scenarios where games will attempt to use the CPU integrated GPU before the actual GPU. Ensure that the HD Graphics 530 is entirely disabled in BIOS, it may very well be that Planetside is attempting to use that instead of your Radeon.

That said, I will never touch a Radeon again, I always ran into issues like this. It doesn't matter how good the hardware is, their drivers suck, their support sucks, and game support for Radeon in general sucks. (This is my personal experience, at least - Nvidia is infinitely less of a headache to deal with. I've had to go as far as reinstalling my OS just to rip Radeon drivers out of my system, the removal utilities left system-breaking remnants in place - it was easier to start from scratch.)

I dealt with Radeon-induced crashing issues in SWTOR that lead to the devs giving me a lifetime subscription, it took them months to track down the BS in the old Radeon 6870, and dozens upon dozens of crash reports / feedback from me to do it.
    • Up x 4
  12. user101

Don't over clock anything... very bad if you overclock the video card or CPU... that is a no no with PS2, the game does not like over clocking.
    • Up x 1
  13. itsallgoodgames

ill look into disabling the intel HD graphics card completely and test again.
  14. itsallgoodgames

I'm not overclocking anything.
  15. user101

If it makes you fell any better I have a 6 core and 18 gb of memory and mine crashes too....
  16. Stormsinger

You are using an Asus board, many asus boards will overclock your memory / CPU to a degree by default (requires no action from you, its an automated thing - you can tune it back down manually, however.) - The only affect i've seen this have is to decrease hit registration accuracy, i've not seen it actively cause crashing.

Additionally, are you running full-screen? If so, don't. Performance full-screen will plummet, especially if you have a multi-monitor setup. Always, always run in windowed mode when given the option - running full-screen lets the application have control over FPS / general graphics optimization. Running in windowed mode allows Windows to control both the above and resource allocation, which works MUCH better than Planetside's attempt at doing so.
  17. Lephty

Go to device manager and make sure your 280 is the one being used and not your integrated, also try turning off post processing
  18. itsallgoodgames

weirdness...
    went into device manager and saw in display section the R9 280 series driver and another weird LogMeIn mirror driver.

I disabled mirror driver and restarted, when it booted into windows the integrated graphics driver got installed!
    so i disabled integrated graphics driver, uninstalled LogMeIn mirror driver.
    In BIOS i set default graphics to PCIE.

Went into VR map and set was getting GPU limited FPS at 50's but still choppy animation and crash.
    Set graphics to ULTRA, went into VR map and had 40-60 fps CPU but choppy animation and crash.

Strange now all of a sudden my radeon software just crashed on my desktop lol...
    I tried monitoring GPU-Z and isee my video card is auto OCing as well... hmmm

right before crash GPU Core Clock dropped from 940 to 501
    GPU Core Clock [MHz] , GPU Memory Clock [MHz] , GPU Temperature [°C] ,
    940.0 , 1250.0 , 60.0
    940.0 , 1250.0 , 60.0
    940.0 , 1250.0 , 60.0
    501.0 , 1250.0 , 58.0
    300.0 , 150.0 , 57.0
    300.0 , 150.0 , 56.0
    300.0 , 150.0 , 56.0
    300.0 , 150.0 , 56.0
  19. itsallgoodgames

updated graphics driver again, getting high 30's - 50's fps in VR MAP, on ultra settings, shadows LOW.
    CPU and GPU alternate sometimes for FPS limit.

Everything smooth except choppy player animations and eventual crash.
  20. ObiVanuKenobi

Used to play Planetside with a G3258 oced to 4.4 ghz without any problems.