I thought lock continent would be a good thing!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silkensmooth, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silkensmooth

No idea why the sheeple went to their favorite continent to fight.

It must be because they are too stupid to do anything else right?

PS2 players are sheep and too stupid to play where they like?

So when alerts didnt get them to play on the other continents we now force them to, to appease a vocal minority.

You tried to move the action but no one came to stop you. Why might that be? You have no idea?

I have an idea. Maybe no one came because they dont like the other continents.

They left for the alert, and there was lots of fighting at the alert, but after everyone left because they knew there would be fighting on indar, but what about all of the fights that were happening during alerts?

Its not like the alert ended and everyone suddenly got ported to indar.

People left because for the entire alert they couldnt wait to get off those godforsaken continents.

To argue otherwise just seems fatuous.
  2. Silkensmooth

Indarsiders, lol thats all you guys can come up with?

People who prefer Indar would love some other continents to play on that were as good.

By good i mean not a nightmare to drive on. Not monotonous and homogeneous. And not blindingly white or constantly foggy.

Think about why people didnt like the other continents, rather than just call people names for no reason other than you have no real point to make.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ronin Oni

What part of "people played on indar because people played on Indar" do you NOT understand?

People play PS2 for big fights. THere are no big fights on other continents. People associate Indar with Big fights, unless there's an alert.

It's called habitual behaviorism.

It's a VERY simple concept.

Continental lattice is on it's way and Indar will be locked from fighting an even greater portion of the time. So go ahead and cry about it. Most people here arguing against you don't actually care much about where they fight, as long as it's NOT THE SAME BLOODY PLACE EVERY BLOODY TIME.
    • Up x 1
  4. Goden

Sorry that is what I feel about the continents. Picking apart my post and trying to slam me for my personal opinion isn't going to change that.

I really don't understand what is about CL that makes its supporters such rude people
    • Up x 1
  5. Ronin Oni

There is literally NO OTHER REASON TO PLAY PLANETSIDE OTHER THAN FOR BIG FIGHTS.

NONE, ZIP, ZERO.

There are several other FPS out there that do smaller fights far better than PS2 could ever hope to, BECAUSE THEY'RE DESIGNED FOR IT.

That said, when someone plays PS2, FOR THE BIG FIGHTS, then they're gonna go where the big fights are.

Except for this bizarre small group of players who like to run around with thumbs up their bum capping empty hexes thinking they're tacticool.

Those players now have less to do because locked continents are helping funnel people into... *GASP!* big fights.

Don't like big fights?

DO NOT PLAY PLANETSIDE.
    • Up x 2
  6. Ronin Oni

CL doesn't make us rude...

meaningless whining drivel makes us stark raving homicidal mad and it's a good thing this is an internet discussion.
    • Up x 1
  7. sternn58

Get a handle, Ronin. You are kind of making Goden's point for him.
    • Up x 1
  8. Goden

I have explained multiple times why I feel the way I do about CL and the continents.

Every time I just get the same nonsense thrown back in my face about how my opinion is wrong and how I should be forced to deal with something that I clearly do not enjoy.
  9. Silkensmooth

How were we every hostile to you?

You could always play on the other continents.

No one ever stopped you or called you names because you preferred another continent over Indar.

Stop being so childish.
  10. Ronin Oni

I thought I directly contested his point actually.

He made an incorrect assumption of causation on CL's effect on it's supporters mindset, when it's in fact inane, uncompromising whining from it's opponents that annoy us to no end.
    • Up x 1
  11. Scr1nRusher

12. Ronin Oni

You keep saying this, ignoring the fact that those continents were in fact, empty of combat because everyone who wanted to fight, fought on Indar.

And no, NOT because Indar was better, it just became the common ground we knew we could go to for a fight in underpopulated servers.

We want BIG fights more than anything. I dn't want to GHOST CAP empty bases which is all there was to do on the other conts. YES they had to make game rules to ENFORCE a rotation of battles.

Change is a good thing, quit being so bloody entitled and selfish to refuse to play anywhere else.

Variety is a good thing. Don't like it? 24/7 Metro/Lockker servers are ------>>>> Thatta way.
    • Up x 1
  13. Goden

Every one of the opponents to CL have given their opinions on why they dislike it and some even have given alternatives.

CL supporters have given sarcastic remarks, non-content posts, stupid reaction images, stupid reaction videos, expletives, flat out insults, and just general unpleasant behavior.
  14. Valok

I said it once and I'll say it again.

These people have already formed their opinion about this, nothing I or any of you say will make they change their minds. Just let the topic die really.
    • Up x 1
  15. Ronin Oni

Topic has been dead since page 1.

There is then 49 pages of meaningless, but somehow fun and entertaining, fruitless bickering.
    • Up x 2
  16. Silkensmooth

No because you continually ignore the fact that EVERYONE went to Alerts in the beginning.

When the Alerts ended the fights didnt just suddenly disapear.

Everyone was over there. If there was better than Indar, they would have stayed there.

Its kind of funny because the three old continents are just like the three frontiers in daoc. There was the mid frontier which being of norse lore was of course all snowy. No one played there after a few months because being snow blind all the time kinda blows for most people.

Then there was the Albion frontier which was like Amerish. Lots of high hills and mountains. Difficult to navigate and kinda boring overall.

And then there was the hibernian frontier Emain Macha it was called. Everyone played there because it was the best. We referred to it as out golf course. It had pretty rolling hills and lots of grass and pretty trees. It was pastoral.

People like nice rolling hills and green grass.

People like to spend their time in places that are nice.
    • Up x 1
  17. Ronin Oni

Honest answer, wanna know why we're so upset?

Because CL is the saving grace for this game to many of us. It's brought purpose to continent capturing, it's brought rotation to the battles. It's given us a REASON to want to play again.

And then you guys come in and want to return the game to Indarside... so YEAH, that makes us mad. Stark raving mad. If you kill this for us (you won't) I don't think any of us would ever play again.

I know I'd uninstall and never install again if SOE went back on this.

I don't mind playing on Indar, it's fine. It's different from the other 3 continents. What I won't stand for is a return to how it was with nothing BUT Indar.
    • Up x 2
  18. sternn58

The irony is that you directly contested his point by being rude. There is probably a better way to categorize people who post an objection to CL than uncompromising whiners.
  19. Silkensmooth

You are so clueless. For YOU that may be true.

I played planetside for many varieties of play. It is the thing i think i liked most about the game. I could go find a small fight if i wanted to somewhere like xenotech or ceres hydroponics. I could find a medium fight at other places, and of course if i wanted to zerg that was always available as well.

Why are more choices bad?

Why do you hate anyone who doesnt want to play your way?
    • Up x 4
  20. Scr1nRusher

This thread is a endless circle.

To bad this will be nothing compared to the Rage forumside threads the Resource revamp might bring
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.