I think we all want this in GU10. And it's small change

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TomDRV, May 29, 2013.

1. simon11russell

I completely agree if you consider weapons a tool then they are a tool solely for combat and killing. This isn't and shouldn't be the core of the LA class, our ability is far less suited to combat than the heavy's shield and LMG. So if any class should get two weapons at the loss of their tool it should be them. As they are the ground pounders who make up the bulk of the fighting forces and who should be doing the major pushes and killing. Sure the other classes can and do kill but the heavy is built only for that weather its man or machine.

As for LA's our class is defined by its ability to move around quickly across the map and in places others can't. This gives us two roles as a flanker and as a first responder. In both these cases we always likely to be out numbered and out gunned so what is really needed for us is a way to tie up an attacking enemy or to disrupt an enemy entrenchment to allow our allies to push up and help us out with the final killing blow. Maybe the ability to squirt Jetpack fuel on the floor and light it on fire for a while. This would ether create a wall of flames blocking enemy movement or forcing the enemy to move from where they are busting a defensive position.
  2. bulletchaser666

ALRIGHT THEN YOUR ALL *****. (excuse the rage i need a smoke) but having two primary would immediately **** up balanced play. if you can hit me from 60m and i somehow close on you and you switch to a ******* shotgun, thats BS every player would be playing LA with a shotty and a rifle, if you want to be able to hit me at long range choose a carbine you wanna play the short game, smg you can't have your cake and eat it.
  3. Wolfwood82

So I could carry both a Trac-5 S with compensator/HVA/HDS 3.4/UBGL and a Nighthawk with IRNV/Extended magazine huh? Yeah this isn't over powered at all....

It would give actual meaning to the downside of having a underbarrel attachment, but other then that this takes away all disadvantages that the LA had. Every bit as game breaking as being able to switch from DJs to JJs and back again on the fly would be.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this in the game. Absolutely! I just don't think we have a snowballs chance in hell of actually seeing it done.
    • Up x 1
  4. Achmed20

i hate to admit it, but this is probably right.
    even if i'd love to have a second primary, he default loadout would probably allways look like this: Carbine S version and a shotgun.

plan b then: give us the good old thumper (with grenades and/or smokes).
  5. Messaiga

I was thinking of a Grenade Launcher that is not underbarrel and specific to the LA, Thumper outta do it.
  6. TomDRV

Instead of more ptimary slots how about carrying two types of grenades or utilities?

Or maybe a grappel line that we can attch on the roof to allow teamates to come up with us
  7. Hagestol

Why not? They made a class with LMG, rocket launcher (!) and overshield (!!), why not a jetpack class with two regular primaries?
    Normally a machine gun class has a machine gun and the launcher class has a light sidearm. They already threw out the default classes, why not aim for this? How is jetpack + two primaries more "overpowered" than a rocket launcher, a huge machine gun and a shield?
  8. rizzoid

I just want passive health regen and the ability to carry two types of grenades. Or to expand on another idea: max out the certs for both jet packs and get the ability to toggle between them with a hybrid version that is the equivalent of the mid-cert version of the individual types.
  9. Kronic

Two primaries is OTT definately. Me with Trac-5 + Uppercut = Lols (for me anyway :p). They should just gives ARs, add in new jet types and allows us to toggle between 2 different jet types with a press of the F key. A buff to smoke nades in terms of how many we carry would be great too. Would be great LA revamp imo.
  10. Charlychop

You all are forgetting something very important. the usual purpose of tools is to help the team(A0E heal) or give access to some kind of support (AV turrets, recon darts). what could the LA use? something that helps the team. how about what the post above me said? grappling hooks would be awesome to overcome huge walls (soon coming to the Esamir revamp) , towers or obstacles in general. while allowing for more attack angles and flanking. No more flanking composed ONLY of LA's. if we get something like this the attack would be more efficient and fun.
  11. Bankrotas

No no no, you're mistaken here, what then HA has that helps the team? And why should one assault class be helpful, whilst other assault class not be helpful?
  12. Kyouki

I've been hearing a lot about this thumper. From what i've read its a grenade launcher. This was also my thoughts. Have it certable to different types of grenades like smoke and flash.
  13. Tar

...or implement actual inventory. Wonder where have I seen that. The game was called similarly to this one.

But let's not go overboard, the Thumper is a serious NO NO direction.

In any case I asee no reason why LA should have this advantage above other classes. Two weapons are ok, but something more needs to be sacrificed, not just pistol (grenade or utility or suit or something), and has to be applicable to all classes. HA would obviously sacrifice RL.

That being said, I don't play LA so can't judge if it anything here actually makes sense at all.
  14. vilehydra

Give LA's a 15 degrees from horizontal jump pack, meaning they go slightly up, but really far forward.
  15. Suiradezza

Then there's no reason for the HA to have LMG and RL. They should have to choose, right? AI or AV. That sounds ridiculous to me, to be honest.

So why are people rearing up when we're asking for two primaries?

Because everyone remembers that time they were killed by a Light Assault with a pump action. Christ, it's annoying when someone outmaneuvers you and then oneshots you. You couldn't do anything. He was just suddenly there. WHY WAS HE SUDDENLY THERE HE'S NOT AN INFILTRATOR AND NOW I AM DEAD. Has to be a brain thing, like my expectations from the class isn't what people use the class for. I have that with HA's who use SMG's and my reaction is very close to that capsed part. If an infiltrator did it, it'd be okay. He's doing what he's supposed to. Good man! Silly brain.

This, and probably NC maxes is why shotguns got nerfed. They made a beast of a CQC weapon and had a class that could close the mid-range to close range gap very effectively. Also a weird-*** hit detection system.

I worry as I'm writing that I might be promoting a loadout type that will ruin the game for someone else and that's not why I want it. But we won't know that until we actually see it. As far as I know, the MAX grenade launchers never made it out of test.

So I guess I want to see it in action, but if it gets out of hand it should be removed/tweaked. I really don't want some kind of shoehorned tool just to give us a "role" in a squad. If I wanted a dead set role and some shooty shooty I'd play medic.
  16. Wolfwood82

Because the HA class was based on the Rexo suit from PS1 which had the ability of carrying two primary weapons. And because HA without RLs would not be HA, they would be infantry.

HA has the RL which serves as a vehicle suppressor.
    It's bad PR to implement something, and then remove it.You lose a lot of players doing stuff like that.

And my guess is people are rearing up because LA is already one of the most versatile classes in the game, this ability would just make them even more so.
  17. commandoFi

I'd be interested in two things: medkit at the same time as C4 and a standalone GL (maybe a oneshot that replaces the secondary)
  18. Hosp

A couple utility options which were mentioned in another thread a while back was:

- Motion Sensor - Deployed on horizontal surface only. Increasing ranks increases range. Will only light up enemies on minimap if they are moving. More ranks extends range. Would have a limit on how close they could be to each other so as not to flood an area with them.

- Sensor Disruptor - Cloaks everything from radar (unless spotted or firing). same increases and limitations as motion sensor. Though their areas of influence only effects other similar sensors.

General
    - LA can only have 1 deployed at a time.
    - 3 minute cooldown prior to redeploying a new one otherwise new 1 decons old one.
    - Optional* Investing ranks to increase stay time, (default 3 minutes). Each rank increases time by 1m15s. (4 ranks = 8 mins).
    - Area saturation range must be > Max Effective range of either when fully certed. So holes in a potential sensor net have to exist.
  19. Suiradezza

How so? I'd describe it as the most mobile, but short on versatility.

It's bad PR to put something in and take it away, it's bad game design to put something in that doesn't fit and let it stay because money. You do that often enough and you'll bleed players.
  20. Strilac

spawn beacon=LA tool slot

problem solved