I think we all want this in GU10. And it's small change

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by TomDRV, May 29, 2013.

1. TomDRV

As LA I frequently fine my self engaging at different ranges. Long/medium while approaching then medium the short when I get close enough to jump up the side of the tower to point A. A suitable class balance that would sort almost everything. Would NOT be dual wielding. But simply having another primary weapon instead of a sidearm. You won't be able to carry to weapons of the same type. But In a situation like the one I have just stated I could carry a carbine of the longer ranges the switch to a shotgun once I'm inside. Simple, easy change that would make my favourite classe effective in combat as I'm not getting blown up by medics with assault rifles etc while I'm trying to close the distance so I can use my weapons effectively.

And being able to fire back at range but once I'm inside finding my face pumped full of lead by a heavy with a shotgun

And don't say "then don't go inside then " because closing with the enemy and jumping over them and flanking is the whole point of jump jets and light assault. But: when I'm on a roof my shotgun don't work at people on the ground and when I'm on the ground my smg don't work against them either. lA need to be able to carry both
    • Up x 7
  2. Boroming

i repost my idea from an older thread

i like to see 2 change:
    - allow LA to chose 2 different type of primary weapon (removing the pistol), with a bit less ammo for both
    - allow LA to use granade slot for c4, freeing the medkit

LA overhaul done
    • Up x 4
  3. Kyouki

I like this idea a lot. I also like the c4 occupying a different slot than medkits. Preferably the unused slot, not my grenade slots.

My idea was just give Light assault a separate grenade launcher in the missing slot. Give it certable options. (smoke, concussion and flash) Make it's splash damage larger than the current UBGL but only able to one hit with a direct shot. Make all 6 shots available with no reload unless you have the grenade bandolier or an ammo kit next to you. Fire rate would be about the same as 2nd gen shotguns. (a little slower would be fine)

They could even give the it the cqc infiltrator treatment and make it available for all infantry third slot. Although everyone has access it is a direct upgrade to us.

Just my 2 certs.
    • Up x 2
  4. TomDRV

Just carrying to primaries would be enough. I would trade that for anything
  5. metrotw

And the ability to toggle between drifters and jump jets with the beta drifters original speed. ;)
  6. FnkyTwn

HAs would like the same ability, ditching their Rocket Launchers
    in favor of a CQC weapon and a Medium/Long Range weapon.

They've been asking for it for like 6 months now. So good luck. :)
  7. Sam the sheepdog

This would be seriously broken. Bringing a shotgun has the advantage of not being viable at range because you can trash people so quickly at short range. Let's go over this from the perspective of people you're fighting.

Let the Heavy Assault swap their pistol for a shotgun. You excited? No? It would involve them giving up as much as you would be.

Infiltrators should be able to swap the pistol for an SMG. This would allow them to transition from long range to close range and make them much more effective.

Then we'll go ahead and allow the engineers to swap their grenades for extra mines.

If you want a balance perspective, you should really look at who you're fighting, and consider giving them a similar treatment.
    • Up x 3
  8. TomDRV

But LA doesn't have any utilities for the class all they do fly on top for roofs and kill. And we can't even do that well
  9. Thrustin

Batthurt (replace the first 'a' with an 'u') Infiltrator in LA forums spotted...again.
    • Up x 2
  10. vaxx

Actually, it would be cool, but the cries would be too loud.

Being able to switch from carbine to shotgun....unbalanced. There would be no need to choose your loadout carefully. It would be a no brainer. Long range carbine + shotgun. Considering the hate for shotguns already....
  11. Sam the sheepdog

12. urida

I think this change would not be a class balancing thing but straight up overpowering the LA and the reason you give seems to be ridiculous.
    First off just to be clear i play LA alot (50% of my play time is LA and that's over 30 days worth) so im not trying to support my other class or anything.
    Your reason is that LA fights at different distances, and while thats true a little bit more so for LA than other classes (in my experience i find as LA i fight at varying distances a little more so than other classes) it is by no means exclusive to LA. Also the varying distance issue is up to you as a good LA to deal with, not SOE to make it easier on you.
    Furthermore your suggestion to fix this alleged "problem" is insane. 2 Primaries!!!! you have got to be kidding. If you want i can go in depth into the amount of unbalance this would cause, but to keep it short just think about it as your offensive power doubling. That's insane.

My suggestion to you is one of 2 options you should look at:
    A: create a loadout that handles most ranges well. The default carbine is actualy pretty darn good at this. Cert it out for up close hipfire and attach a 2x reflex scope and your competitive at most ranges (assuming you have the element of surprise which as LA you should always aim for anyway). Also with our new pistol options you can actualy have a close quarters primary and walk around with the commisioner to snipe ppl at medium long range (althought to be perfectly transparent i have not yet bought the commis so this suggestion is based only on vr training)
    B: Deal with the situation your loadedout for. if your carrying a shotgun don't complain about not being able to fire at range, find a way to get close. if you cant either resupply into a different load out, or bide your time. if you find a good hidding spot and wait some1 will walk by or an avenue of attack will open up.

Trust me iv played LA for a while now, your criticisms are either as a result of not being good at it, or just being to greedy.

PS o yea and this would not be "a small change" as you describe it.
    • Up x 1
  13. Syphers

Shotgunside 2 on the go, nthx
  14. TomDRV

How else can LA be balenced? It is currently very underpower. Carbines dont really excel at anything conpared to other weapons.
  15. TomDRV

The idea of maybe hanging on the side of vehicles and aircraft would help. As seen in the trailer. But it would also mean any vehicle could carry LA's on the exteiror. Image a sundy with 4 LA's hanging of each side.
  16. TomDRV

I JUST REALLY WANT LA TO BE MORE ENJOYABLE AND CAPABLE CLASS. IT IS UNDEROWERD AND APRT FROM GOIBG ON ROOFS IT CANT DO ANYTHING UNIQUE
  17. Eyeklops

The jetpack gives Light Assault a huge advantage in dictating the engagement range against other classes. Why do you need to broaden the engagement range again? Sorry, I can't support this.
  18. Eyeklops

You don't think the ability to fly for a short period is a unique ability? Interesting.

Also, LA is not underpowered, but requires different tactics than your standard HA setup does.
  19. TomDRV

It can do. But rarely. The only place when they are usful in combat are in biolabs. On a roof your exposed. Your spotted or shot out the sky whille getting up there. And in most bases there are only a few buildings and its usualy quicker sorry about typos im using my phone
  20. Paulus

If the idea of "going where only aircraft or other LA can follow" isn't enough of a bonus for you, I can only suggest you are under-utilising your ability to ignore things like a lack of doors for entering a building. Many is the time I've seen a skilled LA sitting in a tree or on the side of a building dishing out headshots to unsuspecting troops who fail to look up. You probably don't see how strong the ability to ignore walls and floors is, but trust me, a well organised LA attack is almost entirely unpredictable and with the SMG/Shotgun age upon us, very quickly fatal to misjudge.

The only time LA is at a disadvantage is when they jetpack across open areas trying to find the big XP pay-off from dropping C4 on Sundies. The most dangerous and troublesome LA are the ones who use the buildings around them as a playground and mock the rest of us as they leap off balconies when cornered, only to pop up behind you and dump a bunch of shotgun cartridges into your spine.

In short, you are the ultimate "go anywhere" soldier, use that to your advantage and try to keep your feet off the ground.
    • Up x 3