I think the NC weapons are really OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zhengy4, Nov 15, 2015.

1. ThreePi

If NC was OP they wouldn't be consistently the worst performing faction, winning noticeably less Alerts than the VS or TR. NC weapons are good at 1v1 encounters, but you can't 1v1 your way into capturing a base. NC is garbage against a zerg, and zergs win Alerts.
  2. AxiomInsanity87

Pub play is irrelevant.

They win more server smashes and won the world record. They wreck when competant players use them.
  3. zhengy4

i am not denying that. I still stand firm that NC has pretty awesome 1vs1 weponary/tanks. The vanu weapons seem to fall into support role a lot, I used Flare for supporting and it was really awesome at denying enemy from entering room, and lasher too, NC weapon ain't too good at supporting, zerging, maybe due to the damage and bullet spray is way to much for NC player to effectively deny a room or rush, you ended up with lots of TKs, I did way more TK than I was a vanu. that's about it, during midnight to morning when server has fairly low population, the pew pew laser arsenals are thus pretty much useless, I've died way more to NC gauss saw than anything else.
  4. zhengy4

when I started as vanu, I began to run as HA as some vid suggestion on youtube. but my rig was so shxtty that the memory constraints caused severe harddrive lag that I wasn't able to play anything CQC without ending up dead, and that was why I switched to mainly stalker infiltrator, and thus commissioner and QCX were the first two arsenals I've auraxiumed (painfully long) since I've invested certs into infiltrator thus I began play around with the sniper rifles, and I was fortunate to upgrade my ram to 6GB in march, which helped my playing a lot, but I've already begun on my mastering road to GHOST. I seriously don't like orion, my RIG isn't good enough to handle people michael jackson dancing me around which requires swift mouse movement in CQC which will certainly drag my fps to sub-20 despite I am on low settings all the time. The flare is not bad, but the damage is still a bit lacklust, it might be more accurate than gauss saw beyong 70 meters, but who the hell engage people at that range?! you better run with a bolt action 2x ghost. most indoor environment, the engagement range I set to around 40~50meters, best suited for gauss SAW,and in open field you should first worry about LOLpods, rocketpods, python rounds than "killiing infantry" thus rendering most gun combats not that tide turning.

The game seems lack a playground for proper vanu arsenal engagement range, it's either you snipe people from far away, or Gauss SAWing people at medium, or surprise attack enemies with a shotgun.

not to mention in order to utilize most vanu arsenals, your fingers must be click much more beyond anything else, strafing all the time, due to 0.75 ADS advantage on which one must take, and the high RPM low damage semi-gun/pistols most vanus, my fingers got tired way more quicklier when I was on Vanu.