I think I kinda like the new system, thanks, well done, but there is (imo) one big flaw ..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Diilicious

No... i think you should get that prize, as well as the rest of people that quoted me but clearly didnt actually read anything I said. :rolleyes:
  2. Who Garou

In this case, yes.

What does that do?

I would allow time for the other faction to react that might be busy fighting on another continent.
  3. Lee Weldon

This made me laugh, you miss the mark entirely with about half of this. Hardly know where to start but, the promise for instance is just a worse Orion, it has no superior accuracy benefits over other LMG's, doesn't have the advantageous base accuracy, bloom or even the ability to equip an advanced laser sight. Overall is slightly less accurate than the Orion and has 50 less ROF. Second biggest misconception you have is with the railjack having the highest muzzle velocity, this gun is not really viable, anyone who likes it is weird imo. Thirdly in that reavers and mosquitos wish they could be scythes right now. Great add on's penetration ammo? lol. I really can't comment on tanks as I don't use them. Gladius I'll pay that it is a viable alternative over the cyclone and that is probably better than what VS/TR alternatives are. I still think theres no real point using an SMG, some pistols have better TTK in their respected areas and is best to have a long range primary in any case. NC maxes, fair also.

I didn't really want to debate you on this forum it's not really the place to do it, but you miss the point.
  4. Inzababa

That could happen, does happen, but more often than not, the other faction switches to VS or goes to another continent or if there isn't another continent, quits the game.

If you're on another continent and you check this map, you gona stay on the other continent hehe, unless you're VS.
  5. adamts01

I think he's pretty close. Overall I think NC has the best tank, the best rifles, and easily the best Max. But that Reaver.... In the best hands it might be the best 1v1 with a nose gun and fuel pods, but it falls short everywhere else and is the worst for 90% of pilots. The Scythe really is easy mode for most people in 1v1s. And the MJ really was a monster for a while after CAI, and much better than the other factions' close range guns, so maybe he missed a patch note, but it's still really good. Except for the Striker and ESF, I think NC really has it going on. Though I'm not up to speed with the new Prowler changes, I'm taking a break from PS2 till this latency mess gets sorted out.
  6. Pacster3

1vs1 the scythe may be great...during anomaly events I think the others are better tho cause the shape of the scythe makes it such a nice target if you are not attacking right from the front.

I'd so like to know which VS pistol is better than an SMG. ;-)
  7. Lee Weldon

Well it just feels vastly inferior to snipers, you find yourself cloaked 50m away from so many free kills regretting you don't have a sniper primary. After maining infil, I'm starting to realise that most people see you cloaked within about 35m range so you'll get shot before you've become relevant, whereas the smg's are really only good up until about 20m, maybe a bit further if you can outplay your opponent quite substantially. But in its effective range anything will kill you incredibly fast, shotguns will 1 hit you. Then two headshot bursts with a spiker in short range is fatal anyway, so the TTK is not really vastly different. The pistol is only like 200 dps less, but if you also consider that it has 2x burst on it, then it's far superior against targets who are already half dead or EMP grenaded. But hell if you wanted the pistol only route, still probably better because it gives you access to a better cloak.
  8. adamts01

Sure, but outside of air anomalies there just aren't enough pilots for anything but front profiles to matter. And without any devs that fly air will never get fixed.