I Stink at CQ Infiltrator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SocratesEverywhere, Oct 7, 2013.

1. SocratesEverywhere

Wow! I hit the Lotto of Juicy Infiltrator tidbits. I'll try it tonight.

Just an FYI, I've been using the scout rifle, not an SMG. Error?
  2. Get2dachoppa

If you mean the Artemis (auto scout rifle for Vanu), its decent but the SMG is superior at close range. The Sirius also has a bigger clip and can equip an adv. laser sight so you can just hipfire and mow through multiple targets. I think the Artemis works best if you flank a single opponent and ADS about mid-range. The clip size won't really give you the capability to engage multiple targets without the need to reload so you need to be accurate. Hit and run tactics are important for both weapons but absolutely critical when using the Artemis. If you can master it, SMG's will feel like easy mode in comparison.
  3. Simferion

I'm against the general consensus but I cannot find the Sirius as powerful as the Eridani. And the recoil is worse, too.
    Anyway I'll suggest also to cert in mines because you can use them to rake some cheap kills planting them in hidden points or for bombing: uncloak among the enemies, drop the mines, cloak and run. You can also drop some hurt MAXes with mines.
  4. M4L4CH1TE

Erm.. sorta
    You will need to cert into and drop two mines to kill anyone but the newest fighters these days due to nanoweave. I use mines all the time but watching some of the videos I think I need to be investing in med kits instead.
  5. Total_Overkill

Theres been a change to Nanoweave and Prox mines... Nanoweave 5 will no longer save you.
    • Up x 1
  6. PWGuy93

So what's the trick with having decloak actually work 100% of the time?
    When I play up close, I have the same issue every encounter, I can't fight when cloaked, so when I hit the key to decloak, it doesn't always work and my character ends up being the one killed while "waiting" on decloak to actually function.
  7. NyaR

Video is worth 10,000 words:

Fast action infiltrator gameplay:

Surviving as infiltrator in enemy territory for extended time while killing everyone:
  8. NinjaTurtle

Recon darts are the most under utilized tool in the game. I rarely see them pinging on the mini map but they are so powerful. They effectively give you a free see through wall ability that makes getting the drop on an enemy easy and almost guarantees you the win.

I would recommend this ahead of certing nanoweave because as an Infiltrator you shouldn't be getting seen all that often to even be taking the hits to utilize nano if moving smartly and the darts will put you 2 jumps ahead of the enemies whilst also helping your team too
    • Up x 1
  9. DramaticExit

I use both an SMG and a scout rifle... Although I tend to use the scout rifle more often now.

The scout rifle will give you a little more reach, which is nice if cover is sparse. But generally speaking the SMG is the go-to choice. I've been using the scout rifle mostly since the most recent warpgate switch, which has put the faction I play (NC) in the north of indar, where having a bit more effectiveness over range is a useful thing to have.

The SMGs are better as hipfire guns, whereas I have yet to see anyone effectively hipfire a scout rifle.

Everything is dependant on situation and having the option to change between the two if one isn't working for you, is an excellent thing to have.

... If only I wasn't currently crippled by lag during prime time. It always seems that my housemates are torrenting something or other whenever I want to play. If you're lagging hard, CQC infil is not the thing to play. That little delay on cloaking or decloaking is horrible.
  10. S7rudL

The mistake I make is that I decloak inface of the enemy trying to beef it out.

I usually play hard face to face, with Inf. smg that is not the case.

You want to blend in with the chaos and flank/go behind, go there were the person is not expecting anyone and is not focused.

I rarely use Inf for certain situations and I need to readjust my play style so fast for short period of time. = (

Its worth it and it works well, you can score a lot of kills in little time.
  11. Madcat9

What pistols would be recommended for TR infils?
  12. Liquid23

Repeater
  13. Zazen

Watch Koolaids' youtube videos, he's really good at it and good at explaining his thought processes. So, is Camikaze. They both make excellent Infil vids.