I see... a lot of nerfs and hatred for us LAs in near future...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by DerEchteSpatz, Feb 13, 2014.

1. DerEchteSpatz

With the new Infiltrator-Update, there came the new crossbow-sidearm. This will bring some problems to us LAs.

There will be former Snipers/Infiltrators which find it interesting to snipe with it from unreachable points as LAs.
    But that won't be the main problem, since the crossbow has only medium range and isn't that effective in it at all.

But, you can use explosive darts with it. This will make it possible again, to destroy a sunderer as a lone LA.
    Instead of using an underbarrel grenade launcher, you won't have to use a weak primary weapon to be able to do so...

More LAs around means more calls for nerfs from tankers and so on.

I see a lot of troubles coming on.
  2. Iridar51

Haven't played yet; how much damage exp. darts even do to vehicles?
    I've done a test - before the damage buff UBGL received in the last patch - and it took 22 seconds for a Sunderer to burn down after 2 C4 + 2 UBGL grenades combo.
    I wonder how long will it take for the crossbow.

Myself, I'm more concerned about 50 meter auto spotting radar infiltrators have now. Abundance of detect darts doesn't help either.

Again, haven't played yet, have to see what the game has become.
  3. DerEchteSpatz

As far as I have tested, it needs 5 explosive darts (1 and 3/4 magazines) after using 2 C4s on a Sundy to destroy it. I would say something about 15 seconds...
  4. Iridar51

Yeah, I've done my tests and reached similar conclusions:

Sunderer:
    Explodes after 10 seconds of continuous crossbow fire. Two bricks of C4 are detonated by crossbow.
    Explodes in ~72-73 seconds if it's just C4.
    Explodes in ~22-23 seconds after second UBGL grenade.

MBT:
    Explodes after 15 seconds of continuous fire (7 bolts). One brick of C4, detonated by crossbow.

Lightning takes 3-4 bolts + 1 C4

There is a funky feature, though. UBGL grenades, and, I assume, by extension - crossbow darts, need to hit the vehicle directly, otherwise there is no damage dealt, or it is very weak.

For example, if UBGL grenade hit the C4 I placed on a vehicle, C4 was detonated and dealt proper damage to the vehicle, but vehicle didn't receive any damage from the UBGL grenade itself. I assume this is the case with the crossbow darts too.

So if you want to try to detonate the C4 with UBGL grenade or darts, you have to do it with the splash damage. It isn't hard, but in case of UBGL you have to take quite a few steps from the vehicle. If you're too close, the grenade will do its full damage on direct hit, but will not explode and will not produce splash damage to detonate the C4.

So I guess XBow + C4 is the most effective way for the LA to solo Sunderers, but it does require for the LA to shoot all those bolts.
  5. LownWolfe

Whats the ammo pool of the explosive dart? I would hope if its 3-4 darts to a lightning you get like 10 tops
  6. Iridar51

It's 3 / 18, IIRC. That's not enough to get the Lightning burning.
  7. ShumaKun

You need 9 darts to kill MAX its pretty weak IMO
  8. Moisture

I really feel once Motion sensor catches on it will be a near hardcounter to much of my gameplay.
    This could be life ruining for Deference/wall tower attacking
    • Up x 1
  9. LownWolfe

I see what you mean, now that I've used it. I sounded really crazy but after a little use its fine I think.
  10. Iridar51

1) Place two bricks of C4 on a Sunderer. Deploy them close, but not on top of each other, otherwise weird things might happen, like one of the C4 bricks falling down or not producing damage.
    2) Step back 10+ meters, and equip the UBGL while you're at it
    3) Detonate the C4 with the UBGL grenade
    4) Equip Hunter QCX with Explosive Bolts and fire three bolts

If you do it properly, Sunderer will be destroyed in ~5 seconds after the damage is first inflicted, assuming no Blockade Armor.
    • Up x 1