I refuse to repair scatmax's.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BiggggBRIM, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiggggBRIM

Unless its a small battle, <24 enemies, ScatMAX's are utterly atrocious and completely worthless in the game. Here's what happens every single time: random person pulls ScatMAX, camps doorway, kill one or two people if hes lucky, gets shot in face with rocket, sprints to me spamming "I need repairs!" I am not your babysitter, and I will not reward bad behavior. If you want to be a good, worthwhile teammate, you will running dual falcons or ravens. And if you play Emerald NC: bursters are NOT a Vanu specific weapon. You can have them. Use them. Enjoy being repaired.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pirbi

I'll repair any max that pays me certs. It's how I bought all my upgrades. That max works for me, go out and get it shot at. Now the one with the burster arm in a Biolab, he should pay more.
    • Up x 7
  3. Plunutsud pls

You forgot to add a PSA tag to the title.
    • Up x 7
  4. Stormsinger

Maxes are filled with certs, and engies have the cert extraction tool. I thank nearly dead maxes for being blasted in the face on a regular basis, full repairs / ammo resupply gives me more certs then they probably earned in the process of taking damage in the first place.

If you want less experience, hey, that's your choice. :p
    • Up x 13
  5. Axehilt

One of the great things about living in the New Conglomerate is freedom. You're even free to make terrible choices which will deprive you of XP, and increase your chances of losing.
    • Up x 23
  6. BiggggBRIM

Emerald NC love team killing each other anyways so your threat means very little.
  7. DeusExForever

Repairing MAXes are okay, only if there isn't half your team trying to farm for XP due to it. When they do, the enemy tries to push, which is why I sit back and wait, as the MAXes will die (usually) as all the grenades kill those farmers. Then I can rack up some Engineer AI kills without a MAX blocking the damn doorway -- seriously DON'T block doorways!
  8. miraculousmouse

Im not threatening you, 99 percent of the time i run max its dual falcons. But you will refuse some high br maxes on that farming high who will tk you for depriving them of health for more kills, and will get their friends to tk you if you happen to c4 them. You deserve it for being a dbag anyways
    • Up x 1
  9. PurpleBeefer

Id repair scat max's IF I HAD THEM :eek: But in all seriousness i chase MAX's down to repair them and get those yummy certs, sure sometimes i die with the my repair gun in hand but it was well worth it.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kanil

Wanna shoot half your teammates trying to hit a cloaked infiltrator, then run straight into the mine he just placed down and blow yourself up? In Space America, you can. Live free in the NC.
  11. Champagon

scatmax in any close quarter battle =EASY MODE

Put on yer farm hats boys
  12. hdup71

NC does not resemble 'merica. This freedom-stuff and colors are missleading, to make it less obvious. NC represents post-WW2 soviet union, with all their improvised clunky sturdy design-philosophie. America is represented by TR, despite their redness.
    • Up x 2
  13. BiggggBRIM

No one just "happens" to C4 their own MAX's, they do it on purpose and I feel no pity if they get TK'd for a month. And Ive gotten into spats with high ranking players: logging onto different accounts and Tk'ing them until a weapons lock usually shuts them up.
  14. Morchai

Well, damned. Here I was planning to take a break from tanking to try my luck with the scatmax. No point in pulling one now, though. So disappointing.
    • Up x 1
  15. Flashtirade

I refuse to heal lone wolf's.

Unless its a small battle, <24 enemies, lone wolf's are utterly atrocious and completely worthless in the game. Here's what happens every single time: random person goes lone wolf, rushes headfirst, kill one or two people if hes lucky, gets shot in face with bullet, sprints to me spamming "I need a medic!" I am not your babysitter, and I will not reward bad behavior. If you want to be a good, worthwhile teammate, you will running medic or heavy assault. And if you play Emerald NC: ammo boxes are NOT a Vanu specific tool. You can have them. Use them. Enjoy being healed.

;)
    • Up x 1
  16. ronjahn

So you refuse to repair maxes because of their weapon choice and then log into alts to tk people. You must be a huge asset to your faction.

If you play Emerald NC, just stop, there are plenty of other servers and factions who would enjoy the qualities you bring to the table. Go there.
    • Up x 4
  17. LodeTria

I run nanties so wotever m8.
    • Up x 1
  18. Axehilt

If half your team are MAXes, they're unlikely to be losing the battle. It's only if they're foolishly playing too defensively that your AI turret would be remotely useful. And if you're keeping them constantly 100% by repairing them, they're unlikely to even play that defensive in the first place.

I mean PS2 has a lot of bad players who aren't worth supporting because they're bad players, but skill being equal it's madness to intentionally avoid supporting a MAX. MAXes are overpowered and win battles, and are worth solid XP to repair, so there's literally no good reason not to support them if they're reasonably good. Hell MAXes are so brokenly good that I even repair players who are obviously not that great (the guys with split weapons.)
  19. Captain Kid

Me neither.
    But I play TR.
    • Up x 1
  20. DK22

I'll heal/repair anybody I see, and I don't mind the callouts even though I never use them myself.
    heck, just yesterday the tank I was repairing ran me over, a medic revived me and I ran after the tank to finish repairs.
    That's my Job.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.