I quit

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Apr 28, 2015.

1. day ofm one

The last few weeks in PlanetSide 2 were unbearable.

Cobalts game response is utterly terrible up to the point where it is unplayable because you are unable to counter anything, you just die instantly.

I am so tired of this.

The devs focusing on bugfixing right now is nice, but I just don't see the point in playing without having fun, and I definitely don't have any fun in this game anymore.

I need a break.

If you have game connection issues as well, and I know many on Cobalt who have, please "motivate" DGC to take a look at the game response issues.
    After my last several messages to DGC didn't recieve a single answer, I give up, I just can't bother with this anymore.

I will gladly support any kind of protest against bad game connection, but until Cobalt gets fixed at last, to the state its connection was 4 months ago, the only thing playing PlanetSide2 gets me is endless frustration and sadness.

Many old players I know allready quit, I was one of the few people I knew who played PlanetSide2, all others moved on to other games.
    I guess I will follow them now at last.

Hopefully the day will come where I can gladly move over Auraxis again, until then, farewell and enjoy whatever you like to do in PlanetSide2.

May stumble upon each other in the game or in these forums again.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

My cobalt connection is fine. :)
    • Up x 1
  3. Hosp

Obligatory...

I can haz ur suff? :D
  4. FateJH

One last question: in your name "day ofm one" why put an "m" after "of?"
  5. day ofm one

Because one time in my life I forgot to check my name for typos, so "day of mone" became "day ofm one".
    I don't really care, people have enough other things to do than possibly fixing a messed up forum name.
    No, it has no meaning with "day of" anything, it is just "dayofmone", without any special meaning other than it being a name I liked.
  6. day ofm one

My connection in all other games is fine, it is just PS2 :(
    GIMME YA COBALT CONNECTION!
    *calms down*
    Please?
  7. FBVanu

Is it your internet connection, or is it your CPU ?

Are you running Razer Game Booster /Cortex ?
  8. Lucidius134

lods ofm one
    • Up x 1
  9. Alan Kalane

It is very unlikely that for some reason Cobalt suddenly has worse connection than other servers (Miller is fine)
    Are you sure your problem isn't related to low Frames Per Second? Many people mistake low FPS with lag.
    Otherwise I recommend trying these out (if you still care)
    - stop any downloads and uploads (including Youtube, Skype and other stuff) and check your connection speed http://www.speedtest.pl/
    if it's low that means the problem is your connection, not Cobalt's.
    - try switching continents to one with lower population (worked for me a few times)
    - send a support ticket?
    - dunno.
  10. day ofm one

My connection is very fine, and it is not my FPS, the game runs on ~50 FPS in all fights.
  11. Weterman

There is a big ping problem with planetside 2, some people have it worse than others. It's like they are downloading torrents on their servers or something, the ping spikes allot, while it doesn't on any other game.
  12. n0pax

The OP is not alone with PS2 connection issues, unfortunately at least SOE, refused to ever even acknowledge them. After my initial servers of Jaeger and Soltech were merged to Mattherson/Waterson I could not connect to Waterson despite my internet being fine everywhere else. My ping would constantly spike, I no longer could use medkits (it would eat the kit and not restore my HP) etc. SOE refused to help or even acknowledge and I had to abandon the character and play on Mattherson (where everything was fine).

I am sorry to say it but you should just wait until you hear the next round of server merges are occurring since it is highly unlikely DBG will ever fix the issue. I recently returned after hearing Waterson was merged into Mattherson's hardware and Emerald was created. With all the issues the game has and the new all time record low player counts being set on a weekly basis the next round of merges cannot be that far off.
  13. sustainedfire

The game is full of uncounterable weapon's. They come with drawbacks.

Yes, the games stability fluctuates from patch to patch. Nothing new, same since the game was released.

You cope and play, or go.
  14. Towie

My Cobalt connection has been pretty stable lately (I have a fast fibre connection) but what confuses me is that every patch seems to make the experience a little 'different' - some better than others.

Right now I tend to get a large pause when first entering a continent - not game breaking, just different.

The warping seems to have improved a bit - and the sudden appearance 'popping' of people/vehicles is better than it was, but I've had a few crashes and some strange things happen (like spawning under the floor of the warpgate last night).

What is really strange is that after the initial 'crash every 10 mins' or so of the early days, it went through a period of great stability and everything seemed to work pretty well. Hey-ho...