I patiently await the coming meltdown of Forumside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterCheef

as these implants go live. When in reality, it wont change gameplay much.
    • Up x 3
  2. Pikachu

I bet that range finger is going to make people go nuts... tier 3.
    • Up x 4
  3. DQCraze

I think for the average player probably not, but the skilled outfits will exploit their advantage to the n'th degree. You will feel that sting a little more and the smg pro infil will become godmode.
  4. Zar

lol i thought they would have taken the hint nature it self rose up and started not 1 but 2 fires. to stop it last week.... sigh~ well gents been a blast me and my outfit will just not use these and if it become pay to gamble/win will just leave lol enjoy the broken *** implant system gents and gals.
    • Up x 2
  5. Regpuppy

The game won't implode, but some of these implants are definitely gamechangers. At least a few of the more powerful ones. I sense health regen being the pre-nerf nanoweave of implants, to be quite honest. It basically regains your health as fast as you'd regain shields by just staying in cover.

With this in mind, I could drop medkits/rejuve packs on everything and just use explosives/whatever else.

Then you'll have pilot-raeg about the drop one, which I personally find more lulzy than game affecting.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tito

need test the no test server can wait
  7. Inex

I look forward to the Lib immunity implant. Though I do kind of wish Marker was the default one; teaching people to Q is surprisingly hard.
    • Up x 3
  8. PurpleOtter

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  9. MasterCheef

I'm sure there will be a few balance passes.
  10. MarkAntony

I have no idea and can think of no reason whatsoever to not make that Tier 1.
  11. KnightCole

Whats tier 3 range finder going to do? Draw a line from your gun to the enemies head, preemptively calculating drop for you? lol

Cuz really...what can be the difference between a T1 and T3 range finder...its a number on the screen haha.
    • Up x 1
  12. KnightCole

I dont Q cuz I dont like to alert the world to my presence until im ready to fire. I have killed soooo many people who Q me.....

ENEMY HEAVY SPOTTED!!!

oh really!? ok..cool......turn...there you are....dakka dakka, +1 kill.
    • Up x 6
  13. Posse

Clear vision is ridiculously OP.

Marker is for the lazy guy :p
  14. Luighseach

I don't know how I feel about them but I do think they will effect some parts of the game.

The passive heal outside of battle is probably the most OP while the ones that lessen conc and flash are really good as well.

Honestly those and to a lesser extent battle harden and the fall damage are the only ones that will change up my game. I will use the healing one almost exclusively for my LA, Medic, Heavy. I will use a combination for my engi since the fall damage one will allow me to ninja fall on sunderers and blow them up with tank mines.

It will change the game but the problem is whether or not it makes the game interesting, easier, or more frustrating.

Honestly I hope it makes the game more interesting without making it easier or more frustrating. However I feel that the higher or more skilled players will benefit from the change while new and lesser skilled players(like myself) will end up being negatively effected by the implants by how they are rewarded.

Also I hate random aspects of the implants and would like it if the energy was rewarded randomly while implants could be made by collecting implant parts.(a generic currency they should implement which you could also get with certs)
  15. Pikachu

There is no tier 1 range finder. Apparently SOE thinks a range finder is such an amazing item that it must be tier 3. Btw it has a range limit of 500m and can't be used in aircraft.
    • Up x 1
  16. KnightCole

Yeah, but what does it do? I know what I thought it would do, but what does it actually do?
  17. Morti

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  18. z1967

I wouldn't have put it over T2 tbh. Probably not even over T1.
  19. Heretic

Im waiting for the stew360 essay.
    • Up x 3
  20. Pikachu

It shows the range to the point you're aiming at as a little number a bit below the the crosshair.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.