I now finish off teammates that won't stop.

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Hoki, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Hoki

Yep. Probably pisses some of them off but now when peeps won't stop running when they have 10 health left, I just shoot them.
    • Up x 7
  2. WildCatNL

Great way to grief your way to weapons lock...
    You do know we have a healing Aura, the Nano-Regen Device right?

It's better to simply not attempt to heal them when they start or are running.
    Only if you really must heal them on the run, your should be using Nano-Regen Device.
  3. LameFox

Happens to me on both medic and engineer (with MAXes mostly because tanks are longer). I tend to just shrug and go see to whatever I would have done next. I'm not their personal source of combat health regen.
    • Up x 2
  4. Ripshaft

Why?
  5. Hoki

Kill -> Rezz = full health = more useful to me and everyone else.
    • Up x 9
  6. irishroy

and if the´re running in front of me, just so i can´t heal them with the superduper healdevice?

[IMG][IMG]
    (i know, pic is a bit tooooo big ;) )
  7. DarthItachi

You have to take into consideration that the guy does not see you. TK him does not make things better. I usually play light assault or an engineer. This thing happens when i'm trying to heal a max or giving ammo because there is no callout to ask them to stop. The best way is just to let them be and go do you other thing. Come on now, there's too much TK already in this game. Some people even just do it for fun. A few hours ago a friendly sniper even decide to use his allies infantry that cross his sight as a target practice by camping at a hill. Probably trying to simulate a combat situation. Some do it to get exp. I've experience this myself.
  8. irishroy

you do not get any XP from teamkills, AFAIK ;)
    and maybe they don´t see you, but they DO hear you shouting for an engi
  9. DarthItachi

I don't mean they get exp by teamkill. I'll give an example. There was this one time at an Hvar Tech Plant. Our TR zerg had managed to captured it. So I went on top to repair the turret. There was this lone engineer(I still remember the name) repairing the first turret. So I went to repair the other turret. When I was repairing my second turret, the guy came to my turret and start repairing too. It was't a big deal to me. more people= to faster repair time. The thing is after the turret was completely repaired, he turned around facing me. Pulled out his gun and shoot me until dead. Respawn, get to the top he kill me again. So you see it's intentional. He did it because there was no one else there to witness it and he is farming xp.

I have other experience as well. There was this one time after I helped captured West Highland Checkpoint. I park my Mossy on the side road near the hill. There was 1 other mossy park beside me as well. There was this 2 prowler tank that decide it's cute and funny to destroy ally vehicle. After the captured they shoot both of the mossy and move away from there. I tried to send message but the chat say cannot find the player even though I used the send message option. Up until now the send message option still fails me.

You see, people are abusing teamkill. That's just some of the other things that people TK over. Being crush by ally vehicle is understandable. Friendly fire when rushing small room is understandable. Mossy crashing to each other is understandable. But the other things are just bad. Like I said, friendly sniper shooting at ally just for fun(or maybe practise). Just WOW.
    • Up x 1
  10. Hydragarium

So you're killing them... because they don't want your healing?

That is beyond stupid - of you. Let them die for all you care.
    • Up x 1
  11. KoooZ

I don't think it's because they refuse care. It's they don't see him and don't stop. His reasoning is they're more useful to the team by doing this. I've sprinted after people that could use healing up for 300m and just given up before because they never stop. Now I'm less apt to run people down to heal them.

Personally OP, I would see "Hoki killed you" and then "Hoki wants to revive you" and either refuse the revive out of spite for the TK or try to return the favor, because that's just how I would probably feel seeing that.

I think the best solution is the devs giving us a shout "Let me heal you!"
    • Up x 5
  12. irishroy

this
    • Up x 3
  13. pnkdth

I'd report you instantly. This is griefing, pure and simple.
    • Up x 1
  14. Hoki

That happens about half the time. If there were no K:D ratio in this game people wouldn't mind this as much. I get no xp for rezzing someone that was TK'd I'm not doing this for personal gain. Honestly this is better for everyone and most people that have played medic will probably understand the reasoning. Its a bit like healing in left for dead really, patching up an ally freezes them in place.
    I've only been reverse-TK'd once, most just eat into my shields a little bit and call me *******.

A "Stand still soldier, let me patch you up!" audible sound as well as some graphical hud indication that someone intends to heal you would be very much appreciated.

Either way, they are more useful to you at full health than near death. They trade some BS K:D statistic for a full tank. Just have to get over the whole "you shot me!!" thing.
    • Up x 3
  15. KoooZ

You might want to start saying kill death ratio as K/D :p
  16. irishroy

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    watch out, we got a troll right over-...huh- ehrm- there!
    :D
  17. Isokon

This is, to some part already in the game. When you hover your crossair over someone and press and hold q, it brings up a "wheel" with diffrent options.
    The option on the upper side changes dependant on who or what you target. If you are a medic and the target is wounded, selecting this results in you shouting something like "let me heal you". It should also change your minimap icon (I know it does for requesting transport).
    Admittedly, it's rather impractical to use when running and many won't stand still either way.
    • Up x 2
  18. AnticliMAX

one button shortcut to that would be great.
    • Up x 2
  19. alecholman

You're an ***. I would kill you every single time I saw you if you ever did this to me. There are hundreds of medic XP ******, you don't HAVE to be the one to heal them if they're running away from you, either don't follow them or chase them and get you 30XP.
  20. Skadi

I would give a ****, but chances are they deserve it...