I Never Get Killed By The... X

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FnkyTwn, Jan 4, 2015.

1. FnkyTwn

... So it probably needs a buff.

I play all factions. I think all factions have their strengths, and I honestly love most of the guns in this game, but I've noticed some guns are severely unrepresented on the battlefield. Maybe you have too?

-Phaseshift VX-S: Probably needs a 4x scope since charging + holding your breath seems wonky. Unlimited ammo seems nice, but who ever actually lives that long? It happens, but it's not normal.

-Trap M1: Seems like a bad scout rifle. You're better off with an SMG at the ranges it's okay at. Doesn't seem like an Infiltrator weapon. Maybe let Light Assaults use them?

I get killed by the RailJack allllll the time, it effectively has no bullet drop, and it's fun to shoot, so it's probably fine as is.
  2. Leftconsin

Burst Carbines

Vortex

Oddly, I rarely get killed by Ravens. See 'em a lot, they just don't kill me much.

Battle Rifles. I recently had a guy with a 3ish KD and in a top outfit catch me with my pants down, but I still won the fight simply because he was using the Warden, which is terrible.
  3. z1967

I feel like I am bound by blood oath to pm people who kill me with burst rifles/carbines and say "burst weapon buddies :)" but I also think that would be minorly weird as most of them are BR 20s who thought that those 100 certs were towards a better weapon. Occasionally they are a BR80+ probably going for carbine auraxiums and stuff.

And to contribute to the list:
    -Burst carbines (do we even need to repeat why these things need buffs)
    -VS LMGs that are not the SVA-88, Orion, or Betelgeuse (revamp/rebalace for VS LMGS plz)
    -NS-15M (not that it needs a buff, I just rarely see it outside of maybe the occasional AE variant)
    -SMGs that are not the Cyclone (plz gib magazine size buffs)
    -HE guns (haven't seen one in a long time...)
  4. Nerazim

I disagree on the battle rifles. I get killed by them from time to time. Headshots from them hurt, and they are accurate.

They are pretty awful when not operating within their effective range though. Carbines are a lot more versatile. But I had a lot of fun Auraxing my AMR and it wasn't at all painful or difficult to do, I thought it was a pretty strong weapon.

I rarely die to Lashers and I can't remember the last time I was killed by a Phoenix.
  5. Leftconsin

HadesR was the last person to kill me with a phoenix, I'm pretty sure, which was several days ago. Which then resulted in my game crashing. :confused:
    Vanu LMGs other than the ones that have .75ADS movement are rarities for sure.

I'm also pondering the SKEP, Crow, and Hades. Lockons do so little damage to vehicles that I honestly don't care if I'm getting locked onto unless I'm near burning and I've already popped fire supression.

Oh, and I got an obscure one to pick on too. The Xiphos Anti-Infantry turret. There aren't many on the map, and boy are they bad.
  6. Rovertoo

I never get killed by the AMP. Sometimes the Spiker (and sometimes a friendly Magscatter too) but never the AMP.
  7. Hoki

Dude I never get killed by sniper rifles Idk how this thread is focusing on snipers.

OP give us your player name so we can check out what "allllll the time" evaluates to. I'm guessing 0 or 1 in the last 100 deaths.
  8. _itg

Spectre / 99SV / Gauss SPR. I mean, I get killed by the first two occasionally, but not nearly enough, considering they're default weapons.
    • Up x 1
  9. Paqu

I dont think I have ever been killed by a Valkyrie. Usually I just completely ignore them if there are any other threats around.
    • Up x 4
  10. FrozenCustard

Ranger
    • Up x 6
  11. Linedan

I get killed by Eidolons more than I'd expect. Maybe the VS battle rifle somehow sucks less than the TR/NC versions or are our Emerald VS just particularly handy with the things?

I rarely ever get killed by Quasars on VS MAX units. Seems like every VS MAX is either rocking dual Comets or dual Blueshifts.
  12. QuantumSerpent

Sniper Rifles. Of any kind. I get killed by one of those like... once in 100 deaths. Maybe four times if I've been countersniping.
  13. Leondre

Definitely the trap. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've just seen one.
  14. BobSanders123

The TRAP.

The Phaseshift was once, and it was in close quarters when I had very low health.

Never have been killed by a duster.
  15. Famif

I am about to ding BR 100 and I only just started using the default LA gun. I think it's the default. totally pwning face with it. It's only uphill from here. Gotta get them auraxiums!

Artemis is a painful heap of garbage. I cant wait to get to using it when I auraxium that one sniper rifle everybody uses. cant think of the name because I haven't been sniping for a while... crap, still cant think of it.
  16. Foxirus

Stand around in a fight long enough, And I will magically appear and kill you with my phaseshift when you least expect it. I ALWAYS survive long enough to where its unlimited ammo is a MASSIVE benefit. Thing is, 95% of the time, You will not see it coming.
  17. Nitrobudyn

Drake.
    • Up x 1
  18. BloodyPuma

You were never hit by Phaseshift propably because:

a) On whole PS2 community only 475 people own it.
    b) Only one person scored 5000 kills with it. 1 person did 3000 kills. 6 people did 2000 kills. 120 people Auraxiumed it and ditched. Rest score some minor number of kills and never used it again.

Check for yourself:
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item_leaderboard.php?query=7337

Stats says: statiscitally wise this gun is not used in PS2 and in 99,9% cases users dont know how to use it or find other weapons more reliable :)

You were never hit by Trap because:

a) On whole Ps2 community only 521 people own it.
    b) 1 Person got 8k kills. 1 person got 4k kills. 1 person got 2k kills. circa 130 auraxiumed it and ditched. Rest did minor kills.
    KDR on this weapon statwise is even worse then on Phaseshift.

You were hit by Railjack because:

a) 1247 people got it.
    b) ITS A REAL SNIPER GUN, not fancy trivia.
    c) ITS UPGRADE over Para/Rams/Longshot in long range sniping department.
    d) 49 people found a use for this gun (1 person did 11k kills). 400 people auraxiumed it. Rest nearly did it or scored minor number of kills.

I wanted to create a bigger topic about ES Sniper Rifles on reddit to criticize SOE because of obvious failure that actually costed them direly in terms of money not gained, but as of now PS2 got bigger issues, like crashing or not working for many people :)

Every weapon will find a person that wil love it. But on the game that was advertised a year ago, that was sporting 6 milion players - if only one guy can score average number of kills with it - something is totally messed up with it.
  19. Elrobochanco

When on my TR/NC, by being run over by a magrider.

Ranger, Duster, burst fire carbines.
  20. OldMaster80

If you never die by Trap M1 it means you've never met me lol!! I use it often and even if it's not so great it's viable. The only issue is you have to forget the single and double fire mode.

My list is:
    - Phaseshift. But I've never fully realized if that's because it really sucks or Vs Infiltrators refuse to use it because it's not bloody OP.
    - Phoenix. It's annoying from time to time but not really deadly. It's more or less in the same spot as the Striker: it kills only when spammed.
    - Raven. It's the most annoying weapon in the game right now. Not because it's deadly but because it has sn outrageous range: it can hit my tank when the Max is 2 pixels on the horizon line.
    - Battle Rifles. They are not really popular because they fill a very small niche which is long range. Attachments allow to make cqc configuration but they still get outperformed by automatic weapons. (Nevertheless I indist with 2x scope, laser sight, flash Suppressor and no HVA).