[Vehicle] I need some advice with Chassis

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Amnoon, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Amnoon

Hi guys i am creating my vehicles and i have some problem to decide what chassis will performance better in battle. I have tested all of them in the Training Room but i don't imagine which will be better in battle. I have read a lot of older posts but all of them are very outdated...

I am looking for the best all around for each vehicle.

Apart, i will post which vehicles performances i am using if you have some advice for these particular loadouts:

- Marauder Harasser, HEAT Lightning, AP Prowler (right now i am testing the anchor mechanic), An AMS Sundie with the C4 armor with a basilisk / bulldog setup.
  2. K0NFL1QT

You'll want Racer on 90% of your ground vehicles. Not only does it increase your acceleration and top speed, but you can use that momentum to climb hills much easier. On the Lightning and Prowler this will mean you have easy access to far better firing positions. I think the Flash is the only vehicle where the other frames actually feel useful.
  3. dstock

I use Surger on my Harasser, but I use Racer for all of the other vehicles you mentioned.

The Harasser can get away with any chassis, it just depends what you want to do. Racer is the outright fastest in most situations, but it currently has the worst traction. Scrapper is best for CQC/Indoor/(possibly AA, preference), but it's by no means the fastest. Surger does best on uneven terrain, and is claimed to be more stable; most of this is feels, and isn't proven. I still prefer it, though.
  4. TheMish

For my Prowler, I use the combat chassis.

Don't get the racer for the Prowler. Your "extra" speed is almost non-existent. A Magrider can catch up to you, so your best option is agility.

For the Harasser, depends honestly, I use the Combat Chassis too, because even though the extra speed of the racer is nice, your enemy will eventually figure out how to hit you consistently, and you're screwed.

But, if you can turn hard, and keep changing directions. Things get a lot harder for your enemy, especially when you're such a smaller target.

For the Lightning...racer chassis. Easily. You're really short, and you always can back out very quickly. The Lightning is very long, so any improvement to turning will only really exist on flat ground.

For the Sunderer, Racer. You're too slow and big for any improved turning to matter, but if you can get somewhere fast, or get to cover quickly, you're better off.
  5. Ronin Oni

Yeah, I like the combat chasis on Prowler as well.

It's already plenty fast stock speed. Max racer Van/Magrider get a whopping 5KPH on your stock frame.

However Combat will give you superior handling, and also better backwards retreat while keeping front towards enemy.

Lightning Speed is king. Racer makes you the fastest tank in the game, + the lack of turn control is NBD when you can Auraxis drift which is half the fun anyways!

Sunderer you can take + reverse speed and just drive in reverse with maxed composite armor... hilariously enough, it's stronger in the rear with Composite. lol

Harasser, I like handling. It's already faster than racer lightning anyways, and has Afterburner to boot. So I take better handling.

Flash handling is a must. this thing is so wonky you need every scrap of control you can get.
  6. Amnoon

Thanks for your advices i will test your loadouts!
  7. FieldMarshall

Racer is pretty good overall.
    You may not always need/care about top speed, but some people forget that it also provides faster acceleration and hillclimbing.
    Really good on the brick sunderer
  8. cruczi

Rival chassis is basically the only sensible choice on a Lightning because its turn speed is so horrible by default. On MBT's, both options can work. I've spent most of my time in Prowler using Racer, and rarely get to situations where I suffer because of not turning or braking or reversing fast enough. However, I've also used Rival and I have to say the it feels extremely nimble and maneuverable... Rival might be the more useful option overall.

As for Sunderers, it mostly depends on terrain. The turn speed is pretty laughable but doesn't matter if all you need to do is to get fast from A to B without making any tight turns where you'd have to slow down.

Another note on Rival: most vehicles have bad enough brakes that without Rival, avoiding AT mines highlighted by your EOD implant is nigh impossible. With Rival, it's quite possible if you just react fast to the mine warning.