I must be going insane! Please help me!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by libbmaster, Jun 27, 2014.

1. minhalexus

I doubt that Indar will be as popular as it was before the patch.

Indarside is now becoming a ghost-cap side of this game.
    Even when it was unlocked on Emerald, no one was going on Indar. Heck even Esamir had better fights than Indar.

People who go to Indar are only ghostcappers, maybe that's the reason why it's been locked the most on Emerald.

Continent locking is one of the good features of the game.

Soldiers have to adapt to the battlefield, not the other way round.
  2. zar15450

3. Silkensmooth

I don't ever remember a time in this game where there werent large battles. Granted i play on Connery.

The problem for me isnt hossin. I knew it was gonna be bad i checked it out on pts. Too much fog, who wants it to constantly look like their eyes arent working properly?

The problem is we are playing a game for 1.5 years that we liked, and then they suddenly drastically changed it.

If you have to release a game early and it has a solid following you have to just leave it alone. Thats reality.

Radically changing core game mechanics doesnt work.

There are so many broken aspects of the game too. Latency and warpgates not working right as in no more invulnerability.

Large battles are laggy battles. I have a 4670k at stock speed and even though i only have a gtx460 my cpu is still the bottleneck. Gotta say i love that old card its a warrior. Anyway in the large battles before locking with a pretty high end cpu im getting under 50 fps sometimes well under that. If a 4670K is having trouble how is an AMD rig gonna do? My old AMD rig could barely run this game.

All of this effort that has been spent changing a design that most of the people who loved the game from the start preferred has done nothing but cause one exodus after another. One server merger after another.

And it all makes no sense because this is clearly above and beyond every other pvp game on the market by a very large margin.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Look at other games that have radically changed core game mechanics. A couple of really famous examples. Dark Age of Camelot TOA expansion and SWG.

If you have a hugely popular game, you cultivate it and leave it mainly alone because guess what, hits are rare and mostly lucky.

No good has ever come from messing with success.
    • Up x 1
  4. Regpuppy

The problem is the forums are a vent for negativity. Don't look for logic, because the fact is that unhappy players shout loudest. Happy players don't make 30 threads saying something is awesome, unhappy players make 30 threads asking for nerfs/removals. Often times repeating their point multiple times because they feel slighted by the devs. I even admit to being more vocal when I feel negative about a feature and I also admit to ignoring forums completely at times when I am content.

There are happy and unhappy players that can get over themselves and see the other side of things, often accepting or suggesting compromises that would bridge the two or at least making coherant and reasonable arguments. But most forumsiders are not that reasonable.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ken Photon

The thing is that the community complained so much that the devs probably weren't seeing the game as a success. I mean, successful games don't have b*tchy players, right? When you have a bunch of doomsayers predicting the end of the game crying that hard, you get the impression that the game is somehow in trouble.

I definitely think that in that aspect, this was self-inflicted. There's no pleasing Forumside...
    • Up x 1
  6. SuperMedicated

2012 game with huge *** insanely big battles

directx 9.0c
    2 cores
    ****** up compiled in real time UI
    open beta an alpha and then release a closed beta

nerf because a teenager told them to while everyone on the rest of the post straight away said NO
    CODize the game, forgetting that we will only get squeakers and people who never pay
    Copy battlefield and still sucking at it because it mixed with COD
    Promise something, delay it by over a year
    Introduce broken mechanics/balance changes/maps with little to no testing
    Make game actually work on playable settings for only half of the market (intel/nvidia you're lucky if you have those)
    Conflicts with display drivers causing them to crash and potentially break your computer just for playing the game you like, while literally NO other game does that
    Make an awesome game and then milk it like a 8-*** cow with a cart containing milk attached to the back

this is what i thought in the period of 1 minute, you like it or not it's all in game for you to see, and in this meaningless life do whatever you want with my comment.
    • Up x 1
  7. ironeddie

True you could always find one large battle on woodman. But I remember when the game launched there being more than one large battle and dare I say it the large battles were larger. I'm a big fan though of server merges and the continent locking to create those hugr battles. To be honest that's the vision of PS2 I was sold. I don't think the rugs been pulled from under me. These big changes are bringing me closer to the game I expected.

I also like hossin. But I guess that's just personal preference. Some people will love it others won't. I actually don't mind playing somewhere I dislike anyway. As a gamer I enjoy the challenge.

Game performance is my biggest gripe. I'm running an amd fx6350, 12gb RAM and an amd r9 270. On high settings. Mostly my fps is above 60. It'll drop into the 50s in large fights. That's fine. First night playing hossin and I find my fps hitting the high 20's. Thats unplayable but I know my rig isn't the issue because it can get good performance. Not to mention it eats other new games. So I really only wish the devs could sort it out on their servers and in their games code.

Still overall I love PS2. I empathise with players like you who were enjoying the game and feel its completely changed and no longer what you like. But I don't feel that way. Sad truth is that I'll be playing PS2 until something bigger and better comes along. I could never go back to a cod or bf style multi player shooter now.
  8. Ac3s

I think its because every time we get something new, its implemented only half-finished, just look at how many bugs there are on Hossin and continent locking should be fighting and taking over the actual warpgates, not some 94% terf alert like we had before imo.
    Wouldnt it be great if the warpgates became huge stations with lots of defenses for epic battles?
  9. K2k4

Give it a few weeks. People will start to appreciate the new game mechanics once they adjust. Most players are just reeling from the huge server merge of Waterson and Matherson, and time people probably would have spent getting to know the new bases is now being spent trying to hold back the tide of all the new players. Once people get bored of 24/7 Hossin, they'll spread out a little and we'll start to see some very nice fights throughout the game.
    • Up x 1
  10. Halo572

The continent lock and Hossin are such a disappointment because they have turned out to be - again - just red herrings.

I would have put money on continent locking making this title - never use game in relation to PS2 - worth playing, so much so it should have been done at least a year ago.

And I was wrong, totally and 100%.

And the reason being that all of these things are obscuring one vital point, being that this title has no objective or point to it.

So when these updates are added they cease to obscure the fatal flaw and if anything actually accentuate it because you can once again clearly see it and see how pointless just adding another play area to do and achieve absolutely nothing in.

It has been said many times that BF and COD have no point, yet an end of round victory is more than this game has been able to muster for 19 months.

And no, winning a base doesn't count as a round as as soon as you cap it the opposing team is pretty much back at the console within 30 seconds.