I might be wrong.. but are NC weapons better than TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ConcernedPlanetsider, Jan 9, 2019.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I forget to add with NS/NSX weapons TR no longer have any edge with rate of fire or accuracy, they are obsolete.
  2. iller

NC automatic weapons are nothing but a Patience-Test at Long range. No idea where these myths about them started from.

Even when you slap a compensator and full grip on them, the huge recoil & spread still means that only the first bullet out of the barrel reliably can hit the Head and since that damage falls off steeply at range, it's like "SO WHAT??...now I'm stuck burst firing at this Arsehole" at which point most any TR with the Trap is going to be way better off. That's the entire problem with the NC, they're only really "rewarded" for headshots at close range. Getting them at long range doesn't help if the average player can't maintain that accuracy streak before the target reaches cover. At any other range, you're just much better off using a VS rifle that might as well just be classified as an automatic scout rifle (that even had the similar bullet velocity back before they nerfed the high velocity Ammo too)

The TR might have similar issues at Range, but at least the Spread doesn't only go up and down for them, in some cases the side to side means they just roll the dice and maybe hit the head *more* often without siting there burst firing every bullet
    • Up x 1
  3. Campagne

I'm sorry, what?

Have you forgotten about the Watchman, TORQ, Lynx, Kindred, Armistice, and AMP? Since when have the 779-577RPM NS/NSX weapons ever had a RoF advantage?

NS weapons have always held the accuracy advantage over all three factions. Accuracy and controllability is generally their primary if not only advantage over ES equipment.

And I thought the last response on the previous page was nonsense! :p

It's fine to have an opinion on the other things you've mentioned but there's no point in just making things up. The TR are not obsolete. They have had and continue to have the universal access to the highest RoFs in-class and in general.
  4. typnct

Having a high rof weapon does not mean that its a good weapon
    Lets take the lynx for example
    This wep is useless if you go for body shots with it as its ttk is simply too long
    A 845 143 dmg weapon will always win unless you can get 4(5 nano) headshots in a row unlike the 845x 143 which need 3 hs + 1 bs(4 hs nano)
    A miss on the lynx to the body and you are behind all 845 weapons in ttk, which is the most likely outcome to even high accuracy high hs rating players

Id take the 845 instead of the lynx anyday for that
    Also the lynx has some crazy recoil for its calliber and its extremely low muzzle velocity
    All 857 rpm x 125 weps fall behind 750 x 143 from the get go in all aspects

So basically
    High rpm does not mean that the wep is good in any way
  5. Vanapapi

If you played TR the entire time (years) and then for the first time as much as tried NC, you'll feel like a god... (That's how NC guns felt in comparison)

Peashooters vs guns
  6. Campagne

Having high damage doesn't make a weapon good either. That's not the claim.

What he said is that NS/NSX weapons obsolete TR weapons on the basis of high RoF, which is objectively untrue.
    • Up x 1
  7. OneShadowWarrior

They pretty much in my opinion need to retire the TR as a empire and just let the Vanu, NC and Robots absorb the weapons.

Make the Mosquito a common pool aircraft, make the Prowler a common pool medium tank and redistribute the weapons amongst the empires.

TR no longer have a place in Planetside. They might have had their place in the first version of the first Planetside, but are no longer unique.
  8. typnct

Dont be dramatic
    The tr is pretty unique in their guerrila tactics
    40 mag guns can maintain 2 3 kills with relative ease without the need for a reload
    The thing is that the tr as well is gonna get 200 dmg weapons soon and then every nation will have the others weps as well, but in smaller numbers
  9. Savadrin

Tell that to the all NC heavies who reliably headshot me to death at 75m :cool: