I might be wrong.. but are NC weapons better than TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ConcernedPlanetsider, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Rydenan

Of course differences matter.
    Especially differences like twenty percent reduced cone of fire bloom.
  2. csvfr

Recoil and bloom are independent concepts. Imprecision from bloom is added to imprecision from recoil the same way.

Iridar also keeps the same order as I do. To recap:
    • Type 2: Varied horizontal recoil
    • Type 3: Varied recoil angle
    With only a varied horizontal recoil it is still possible to precisely compensate for vertical recoil. A line-of-fire is still produced, the only difference from type 1 recoil is that the crosshair lands on a small segment of this line instead of a point.

With several consecutive shots, the position of a next shot is dependent on where the previous one landed. So the probabilitstic line segments you can predict become smeared more smeared out (wider) on the later shots. Of course it is possible to correct after 2-4 shots given a human reaction time of ~0.25 seconds.

As soon as the recoil angle is varied, Iridar says:
    So a shot will land on a coordinate in a 2D space with the same smearing effect on consecutive shots. Practically, you may aim at the head with type 1 or 2 recoils and there is a small chance that the shot goes over either shoulder. With type 3 and 4 there is an additional chance that the shot goes over the head or under it too.
  3. pnkdth

Yeah, I know, my argument is simply low (lower) or controllable recoil allows you more accurately control where the crosshair thus increasing the likelihood of the shot landing within the cone of fire.

The Anchor is a prime example of a competitive (if not THE competitive weapon) Type 3 weapon. Once you get into the Type 3 recoil pattern it soon becomes second nature. The Pulsar LSW has both directional recoil and lower COF and I *love* that weapon. One of those secret LMGs that were crap for so long no one bothered to pick them up after it got buffed (though with its lower ROF it also demands a higher level of accuracy).

But yeah, I see and agree (for the most part) where you are coming from.
  4. InsanePsycho

Tr weapons are stronger. Have a quicker ttk.
  5. Atorum

Prowler has the highest DPS of all MBTs, Prowler is the worst MBT in the game, both of my statements are correct btw.
  6. Liewec123

That made me almost spit my drink laughing XD
    If your going to use an example of something with a fast TTK but sucks,
    don't pick what has always been the top performing MBT,
    Fun fact, if a prowler activates their rapid fire and a vanguard activates their shield in a direct face to face
    (which is where vanguard is supposed to dominate) the prowler will still win.
    So tell us more about the worst MBT in the game :D
    • Up x 1
  7. ThatSneakyNeenja

In the end it is more about the player's skill than the weapon they are using. Most people that complain about balance in PS2 are just bad.
    • Up x 1
  8. Liewec123

^this, overall i find the game to be well balanced with each faction having a few toys better than they other factions.
  9. Atorum

Numbers speak for themselves, it took me literally 3 mins to test this in VR training ( hope that VR models arent somehow different, I presume they are all basic version of Prowler and Vanguard).

All weapons have max reload speed and facing enemy vehicle face to face.

Prowler-AP 17 seconds.
    Vanguard-AP 17 seconds

Gatekeeper - 26 seconds
    Enforcer - 20 seconds.

Vulcan - (30m range) 19 seconds ,point blank 16 seconds
    Mjolnir - (30m range) 16 seconds ,point blank 14 seconds
    Also, its much harder for TR Harasser to successfully ambush Vanguard than Mjolnir Harasser to ambush Prowler since Prowler has no defensive options of any kind.

Prowler with Barrage deals 1200 more damage in span of 15 seconds.
    Vanguard with its Shield can negate from 2400 to 1200 damage, while he can be ambushed its still a rare occurrence in this MMO type of game.

Add the effect of repair sundy that favors Vanguard with its 1000 more hp over squishy Prowler and higher C4 survivability and you have a perfect vehicle "balance in the game".

Now you can link me those useless DA stats on weapons.
  10. Liewec123

so you didn't get a prowler and a vanguard to both use their abilities and start firing at the same time?
    someone shared a video on reddit a short while back showing it.
  11. Brad seven

For the most part yes, Try the Lynx for instance, a very high fire rate but you'll find yourself constantly getting crushed in 1v1 even if landing plenty of headshots, simply because it does no damage compared to its NC counterparts.
    Side note : don't use the lynx, it's been nerfed since I started playing the game again and it sucks.
    • Up x 1
  12. Juno

Depends on the gun and situation honestly, that's all that can be said. Headshots make a big difference, but the NC are typically heavily punished for missing shots which means you need higher skill players on NC to compensate for it. If two newbies from TR and NC are fighting, the TR will probably win because his weapons are more forgiving. On the other hand if two highly skill players are fighting I think the NC has a slight advantage since headshots will be a factor.
    • Up x 1
  13. XRIST0

Yes they are .. but ofcoarse NC mains will for their life argue with you otherwise. They have an LMG and an SMG that deals 200 damage per shot but claim its super hard to use :rolleyes:
  14. Eternaloptimist

NC weapons can be beasts if you can hit and if you can headshot reliably but as the Spartans replied with one word to a threat from Philip of Macedon..............."If".

I have seen some threads suggesting that high RoF weapons like those common to TR can be disadvantaged by poor server response time but (as an only average player) I still find that firing a lot of bullets does the job well enough.

Consider also Bloom and CoF. ARs and some carbines are remarkably good at concentrating bullets in a small target area - take the TR T5AMC carbine or the VS Zenith for example (and pretty much anything made by Nanite Systems).
  15. Apyhs

In my opinion you aal are complete right.

But for me, as a noob, NC have the worst weapons. What ever your stats say and what ever your calculation and "ifs" might tell you....

If i have a ahrd time killing ppl with my NC gun and die upwards ro BR20 and switch ro TR and i suddenly perform unbeliveable well, my feelings tell me...NC is crap.

And you can not fight feelings with bare logic. If you are a newcomer and you dont hit every single pullet perfectly...NC is not yours.
  16. TR5L4Y3R

hello new planetman, you are currently ressurecting a old pretty much dead thread were people long have not left any posts ...
  17. Apyhs

Im the yesterday man then ^^
  18. Gustavo M

I'm quite certain I had my *** handed most of the time against NC HA's with GODSaw than against VS HA's ones with the Orion.
  19. typnct

you didnt account for refire time for the gatekeeper and the ap

ap is 3.5(basic reload)+0.5X2(refire time - between shots and after the second shot)
    4.5 sec
    first shot doesnt have a reload so its 4.5(sec)X5(re-shoot)-4.5=18(on vanguard)
    same thing for the gatekeeper, add 0.8 sec for each volley, first volley is basic 0.8(without reload, just fire time)
    game errors - the ap might reload a second time which sux, but that's a game error
    the gatekeeper might do the same as well

so after all the calculation for the gatekeeper its
    0.8+(7X4)-0.4 = 28.4

i dont wanna get into an argument about it doesnt make the vangaurd op, balaalalala
    i've had enough, spare your time for better use if you're going to bash me for it, idc

now for everyone else
    the gatekeeper is a horrible weapon and should not be used by anyone for anything over 100 meters as it wont score more than 5 6 shots at best at a static target and im not even talking about a moving one
    skill wise this is the worst imaginable weapon in the game
    low usability, low usability(yes, there really is no need to bring it anywhere) and low need in the battle and high accuracy need.

the only way to be effective with it is to kite with it - what i mean by it is that you need to wait for the gatekeeper to reload as the driver and then to go for another volley(1200+800 dmg - 2000 dmg in 1 sec)
    this is a useless tactic for a prowler as the prowler wont win in that tactic anything in a 1v1 with the gatekeeper(extremely not recommended in mbt fights)
  20. OneShadowWarrior

You are correct in your assessment because all that matters are capture points.

In close, stopping power is all that ever matters. The Gauss SAW is no slouch and I auraxiumed the weapon in 4 days! I went thru the EM1, EM6, GR-22s and Anchor and got the Godsaw in less than a month.

Sure they nerfed the NC Maxes to the point of worthless, but NC have so many other toys.

Most people want to jump around fully auto and don’t’ realize how to control their shots or recoil. If you can master the weapons with a 1x dot reticule sight, your pretty much unstoppable as NC.

I wanted to also add, because you do more damage per shot, you do consume less ammo, NC feels like no work.

TR always run out of rounds or lose in trading shots.