I made drawings for you guys (air)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jawarisin, Apr 5, 2016.

1. XsolarflareX

it's interesting how each server has gone it's own way in regards to dealing with air. Getting AA on emerald is like pulling teeth.
    I just finished a small fight, where I was it for the most part. 3 reavers lolpodding close range for an hour, then simply setting down, in view of the targets to repair and reset. They never really were afraid, knowing i was it for AA, so they largely ignored me. I got a few kills, so can't complain, but I get the feeling on connery they would have had a much harder time of it.
    I think emerald went the way of using air to get rid of air, while connery went for the mass AA.
    Makes air/AA discussions difficult because each server see's vastly different problems.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jawarisin

to be fair, connery pilots suck very very very bad. Like no joke, the average Emerald pilot is better than any connery esf pilot I've seen so far.
  3. Cyropaedia

I am sure the dedicated, veteran dozen or so ESFs in Don's squadron are on parity with Emerald ESFs. I can't speak for TR and NC but quite a bit are good (i.e, TR's AutomatedDrone, NC's Avattz). If Emerald has a ton of good pilots and lackluster AA, I can see why they would complain.
  4. Gundem

As a lot of other pilots have said, Connery is a vastly different mess. Never flown on Emerald personally, but never have I experienced something more enraging then some random BR26 sitting in an AA turret literally 4+ hexes away from combat, and the more you kill them, the more they bring to the middle of nowhere.

Every time, man.
  5. Reclaimer77

Where do you come up with this ********? Honestly.

ONE AA source can deny an entire HEX? Right, ok.

I want to play the game YOU guys are playing. Because it sure as **** isn't Planetisde 2.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jawarisin

Nope, don alfrago and company don't even compare. Connery had a few decent pilots before, but they all moved to emerald. The air game's better, and there's way less tomcat lock-on squads. There's literally nobody good left on connery right now. Recursion moved to emerald, and with that, every last good pilot did.

Come fly over on emerald, you'll see he difference.
    Though, emerald is way more a2a based, so you can't expect to farm ground like in connery. Although there isn't AS MUCH (still too much) AA, pilots will come for you very agressively.
  7. FateJH

I'm talking about the OP's two charts, the second of which, as being referenced, was an impression of pilot perspective. Assuming one AA source per circle, there is enough overlap between circles to allow for multiple AA sources per target. Marking specific "AA nests" with stars is most likely pointing out how it doesn't feel necessary to be in that vicinity to encounter AA. (I don't know what's up with those ovals. Mountains, or something.)
    Some times I wonder what sort of game you're playing myself. It's completely unlike anything I see.
  8. zuka7

Waiting at the warpgate for 10 minutes in my bling bling Lib for a random belly gunner is a pretty good indication that Lib needs to be nerfed. Tail gunners know this because when they jump in they then just jump out.
  9. Taemien

What funny is a single squad can setup a sundy and burster MAXes on a hill near a warpgate and deny air to a single faction for the whole continent.

12 vs 350-450

Imagine if I could do that to ground vehicles or infantry? It can't be done. 12 people can't stop 350 infantry for a whole faction.

Dude.. its been like this since Genudine (PC), before its merger with Helios.

There's always some muthaf----er that sits in the middle of nowhere ready to take a pot shot at you. Always. Let me show a stupid example of infantry based one that isn't quite as extreme (or maybe it is, your call):

[IMG]

Sundy is setup to attack Onatha North Gate. Pretty decent fight there. So I go sniper to maybe pick off from behind their main force to make them duck behind cover. So I go West and then North East. Get picked off, about where the waypoint is. Oh snap.. they sent people to flank our sundy. Quite sporting of them huh?

That's what I thought anyway. So I get ready for them to come. No one comes. WTF? No friendlies up there. They either bugged out or something. So I go stalker to scout it out. And low and behold they're still there. There's about 6 of them. Almost in some sort of formation. Patrolling that sh-t up and down. From the Northeast to the Southwest. Up and down. That's all they were doing. Just patrolling. For like the duration of the fight which was about 30-45 minutes.

Who the hell does that? Why the hell are they doing patrols for 45 minutes with the 'chance' that they might catch a random person or two. I mean it works. But that's gotta be boring as hell. Why don't they join the Army if they're going to do that? Get paid for it at least.

Blew my mind that day. And you all know you see this stuff all the time on Connery. People in random areas just sitting there and waiting for someone to come by. Not stat padders or KDR padders. This like the most INEFFICIENT way to do that. I guess its somewhat effective because they will catch you if you try to be squirrely. But we all know that effort could be better used elsewhere.. and that fact alone makes it as annoying as a midget trying to use a urinal.
    • Up x 1
  10. Atis

Because we absolutely cant's spawn air on other bases? oh wait, we do, we won't even notice that squad unless we need galaxy drop from WG.

also swarm of esfs and libs can clear them rather fast, but why bother.

1 AA wall turret doesnt kill fast enough, plus not much people are good at AA. There are often many esfs over techplants or amps, not scared with 1 or 2 guys in turrets. And ofc people won't sit at every base.
  11. Moridin6

so Thats why my average time in a scy is TERRIBBLLELELLELELLEEEEEEEEEEE
  12. DirArtillerySupport

Totally...it's so relaxing. ;)
  13. Savadrin

LOL. The warpgate AA nest is such an annoying thing to try and counter when they've got deploy shield maxed and a full squad.

We typically only pull it off with a pair of manned suicide harassers and 1-2 ESF or a Lib/Gal supporting. And it takes a couple tries if they're good. Granted, we don't have Phoenixes or I'd bet we could do it with three schmoes and a jeep as your meta describes.

Is this why it's been so painful for me in my first 7 or so attempts at running a battle gal? I seem to manage to find Jos and/or GlobeMaster every. single. time.
  14. Jawarisin

Short and honest answer would be they are better pilots, and have access to better gunners.

I could of put that in nicer words, but I think you'd prefer short and honest.
  15. Krinsee

If your in a Galaxy, Jos isn't far away.. He's like the boogyman of galaxies
  16. Taemien

That's all that matters. Libs and ESFs pulled from midbases aren't a threat in Continent Alerts. Gal drops are.
  17. Atis

that's not exactly "12 vs 350-450" and denying all air on continent.

Plus any 2 squads not afraid for their KDR will clear this nest in 10 minutes. Granted, finding 24 guys with "not giving 2 sh*ts about kdr" ability is not easy.
  18. Savadrin

We've got a bunch. :D
  19. DeadlyOmen

The cry-bullies aren't liking this at all!

However, it is true. Nice work putting it into perspective.
  20. LodeTria

No they can't. You can always just go around them in aircraft at every single warp-gate, even the popular indar SE one. It doesn't even take that long to avoid them.

A group of ESF's are much much harder to avoid as they can chase you.