I love Vanu's Polaris HA LMG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by maudibe, May 2, 2014.

1. maudibe

I am surprised how much i enjoy using the Polaris LMG for my Vanu toon (BR52) . I spent alot of time with the T9 Carv as TR (BR57) and they have some similaritys. Eveyone raves about the ORION (stock LMG for Vanu HA) but i was non-plussed by it. I found it slightly more accurate than the T9 and thought it was similar to the MSW as that was my go to gun for TR in that its accuracy seemed better that the Carv and it had better hip fire accuacy for when i got surprised in close quarters (with lazer sight on), but like the Orion it only has 50 round mag so you could not engage multiple attackers without getting caught reloading (and dying).
    The Polaris was my choice after trying all the LMGs in VR and seeing what kind of long range accuracy I could get with it in comparison. None of the others really outperformed it IMHO. Maybe using the others would change my mind but....the Polaris has the options of suppressor or compensator, forward grip, lazer light (hip fire), and soft point ammo. So with the foregrip and compensator it has an ok time continuously shooting with its large 100 round mag kinda like a mana turret without having to burst fire it to get hits, which is GREAT. The T9 couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 100meters without burst firing it, and really the MSW couldn't either.
    In biolabs i use the night vision for the constant smoke grenades and outside i use the 4X crosshair scope which is not difficult to use at 20 feet or more and only is a little sketchy at less than that. If i think im going to be in more close range i'll put the lazer sight on and 2X red dot, to improve the hip fire. Even tho the fire rate is low, I seem to get a lot of kills with it. So....... If your playing Vanu, consider trying out the Polaris.
    • Up x 1
  2. lNeBl

I recently auraxiumed the Polaris but I did not enjoy it :p Not sure why, but sometimes it felt like the weapon was shooting peas.
    I've run out of LMGs to auraxium now :(. Except that 100 cert one.
  3. Shanther

I suggest you try the SVA-88, if you like the Polaris that much you will wet your pants.
  4. Prudentia

It's pretty much a recoil less Hipfire LMG, which gives it consistent power across all ranges, even tough that power is kinda low.
  5. maudibe

I tired SVA-88 but not in real battle trial. I know it has extended mag capability (over its 75 round stock mag) which is nice, but didn't find it any faster at getting the hits at distance in VR. But thanks for the advice, i'll trial it in battle and see, although often without the additional items (forward grip, compensator, 4X scope, etc.) its hard to tell how it will work.
  6. Shanther

SVA-88 doesn't have extended mags. You run it witha 1x or 2x scope, Comp, Grip.
  7. AdamRah2

flare + extended mags = vaynewgodsaw
  8. Hatesphere

Personally I hate it, but all power to you.