(I lied before, sorry) I found the (ACTUAL) Solution to bad fps

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xGreedFuSioN, Jun 3, 2013.

1. xGreedFuSioN

Very low preset, minimum render distance, 1024x768 res on my 1080p 24" monitor. looks ridiculous. But I've never played better in my life, getting 70 fps in zergpocolypse fights. yay.
  2. Headcapper

That's no solution, it's a workaround with bad quality. The solution to increase your FPS is to get a better CPU right now.. Or just to wait until they finally do something.

Running on Ultra with i5 3.0 GHz (not overclocked), at +- 20 fps in zergopocolypses, pretty doable, although sometimes it drops and stutters for a couple of seconds.
  3. xGreedFuSioN

i7 3770k at 4.4Ghz good enough for you?
  4. Headcapper

My i5 will do, and really, getting 20fps isn't too bad, it is actually playable. The incredible lag on Indar in alerts make it unplayable..

Oh well, if you want to fight with the lowest and ugliest quality while you can do much better, be my guest :) There is still no fps increase solution other than just decreasing your graphics, which is not an actual solution.
  5. xGreedFuSioN

HAHAH 20 FPS PLAYABLE.
    anything less than 50 is not playable if you want to be competitive. I'd be happy with 40 but that's unrealistic with this crappy optimization.

As soon as BF4 comes out I'm gone, and I say that never having played BF3
  6. Wintermaulz

intel i5 3570k at 3.40GHz about 30 ish fps at ultra in zergpokalips
  7. SadButTrue

3570k @ 4.5ghz + gtx670 @ 1300mhz, low settings, max render distance

>200fps empty server and flying
    150-170fps warpgate
    100-120fps flying
    80fps zerg
    50-60 fps large biodome fight

I still consider this unacceptably low (120fps should be the minimum for an fps game), but I'll soldier on.

CPU clock speed is king. I lose about 10% fps going to High and 15% going to Ultra settings.
  8. xGreedFuSioN

I hate to sound nooby but how do you uninstall a steam game? I've never had to. Gonna reinstall and see if that helps at all.
  9. xGreedFuSioN

Your monitor is most likely locked at 60Hz you twit. I'm an elitist but damn. 60 is fine, move on.
  10. SadButTrue

No, it's locked at whatever hz I desire, being a CRT.
  11. xGreedFuSioN

Good for you.
  12. Sebastien

For your babies eyes, maybe 20 FPS isn't playable. I never drop below 25 FPS, sure in some battles it's really noticeable, but that's what makes Planetside.
    I guess you don't want to take the good with the bad.
  13. haldolium

This thread sucks.
  14. Headcapper

I play this game for the sake of having fun. 20 FPS is low, but not everybody is a rich guy that can just easily afford an i7. Besides, since I never had a real gaming computer, my fps has always been on the low side, only since a year or so I have a decent gaming computer. I'm happy with 20 fps, since it is playable, believe it or not. But then again, I often avaid the massive, massive zergs, so while in a battle I'm often around 40-50 fps easily, which is fine for me. If you want to be real competitive, yeah, go play battlefield, if that's the kind of game you like, go ahead, we will not miss you ;) Besides, around 30 fps is decent for 90% of the "gamers" out there, since it's pretty smooth. Of course, higher is better, but around 30 fps every game is playable. You might not believe it, but it is so.
  15. xGreedFuSioN

Your monitor is most likely locked at 60Hz you twit. I'm an elitist but damn. 60 is fine, move on.
  16. Vorxil

Hear, hear. I was stuck with a AMD Athlon 64 1.8 GHz single-core processor and 128 MB ATI Radeon card for eight years. Getting just 20 FPS was a godsend when playing games from 2004+. It was only in late 2011 when I finally mustered enough cash to buy myself a modern PC.

20 FPS may not be optimal for competitive play but it's damn good enough when playing for fun.
    • Up x 1
  17. FischiPiSti

Yeah, no, 20 FPS is not fun. The few friends i invited to the game, the ones who left did so because of 2 reasons:
    A. Crappy performance
    B. They were dropped in god knows where, died instantly. Then again and again. (This was before the tutorial, but this early tutorial system isnt helping much either)

We stick to Amerish untill a miracle happens and Indar becomes playable, untill then: Socialized ghost capping and general nonsense with irl friends. Im not even looking forward to Amerish alerts..
  18. Sharpe

Man... I really miss my old CRT.
  19. Threeskin

I get about 45-50 on high (w/ a few things turned down lower) in a zergpocalypse on my i5 2500K oc'd to 4.3 ghz and a radeon 7770.

I found lowering max voice channels to ~30 either worked really well for my performance, or was an awesome placebo.
  20. FABIIK

Competitive ?
    Why would a 'competitive' player play on anything else but low settings ?
    I mean, the fluff and eye candy is nice, but on low settings you see enemies much better/faster.