I know that moving doors are a no go...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by libbmaster, Jan 20, 2014.

1. DirArtillerySupport

So they attach 1500 trained hamsters on wheels with camshafts to keyboards. Why not? WE are already trained to accept that every single hurdle we ask them to jump will cost us 1 FPS. There are only so many cooked up blanket answers I'm willing to accept. We had doors EVERYWHERE 10 years ago...we had so many doors it would make your head spin...I mean you got lost?! we should have at least twice that amount today. This coding...it's their problem to solve not ours. Give a dev a free vacation if he sorts it...he'll figure it out. Perhaps this is a PS4 limitation? They can have one of my cores...not like it's being used for anything.

ONE OF MY CORES FOR DOORS!
  2. OldMaster80

This deserves thumbs down: what people is asking is just to have more amp-station-like shields, but door-shaped.
    I agree these should be in the game and guess what? They should be hackable like in Planetside 1.
    • Up x 1
  3. libbmaster

No... I meant doors you can hack.

No generators.

The shield thing was just a suggestion to keep performance costs down.
  4. OldMaster80

In PS1 next to each door there was a little panel that could be hacked using a specific generic tool everyone could have (the REK = Remot Electronic Kit). You could you this to open doors that were locked. With the proper cert line this procedure became faster.
    • Up x 1
  5. libbmaster

Yes!

Exactly what I am thinking... except instead of a moving door we just have a shield that toggles on and off.
  6. Bluedragon

Or they can use the same idea that the have on Hossin with those bridges on interlink, the ones that change color, or how they made those gates at Esamir in front of vehicle pads. You hack the console the door changes color and anyone from that colors faction can move through. If you make the to be able to toggle on and off, there might be some problems with them not rendering at distance.
    • Up x 1