I know! Let's make snipers... but without sniper rifles!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRhyno, Nov 20, 2012.

1. TheRhyno

I have to admit... Usually games launch with issues, but it's fun to see a game try so hard to screw itself over.

I imagine the conversation went like this:

Hey, let's just table Infiltrators for launch...
    No, let's put them in, just don't let them shoot.
    No, wait! Let's let them shoot, let's just not give them rifles.
    No, wait! Let's let them have rifles, but make them look like machine guns and not allow them to use scopes.
    Wait, but that would make them look stupid.
    Exactly! That's what we want!
  2. Beartornado

It must be one of those other inferior factions, the NC infiltrator has a pretty standard default sniper rifle.
    • Up x 1
  3. Mistikal

You forgot:

Hey, lets give them sniper rifles but don't draw players past 300-325m >.>
  4. HadesR

That's why we don't need scope's .. by the time you can see someone you can stab them in the belly with the barrel :p
  5. TheRhyno

They should just give us expanding sniper-fists like the dude in Street Fighter 2.
  6. Arsinek

This thread makes no sense. My sniper rifle worked just fine. L2P.
    • Up x 2
  7. TheRhyno

I'm NC. Default "sight" is a pin-hole crosshairs like a machine gun. Makes sniping kind of meaningless.
  8. Fuse

Mine works...
  9. TheRhyno

If you can no-scope, great. I don't have that mastery. I actually need to aim. Just sucked for me. Your experience may vary.
  10. TheRandomOne

Wha?!? I played NC last day of beta. I liked their default sniper a hell of a lot better than VS. That thing is purrrty. Granted now that the game launched I won't touch NC.
  11. TheRhyno

The rifle itself isn't awful. It's merely that I'm trying to aim with a giant dot placed over things at long range is ludicrous. A default scope would have been reasonable.

In the beta, obviously-useful, non-game-breaking purchases were like 1-5 creds. Now they're 30 or 1000. That I have to pay creds to make my class exist bugs me.
  12. Mistikal

Maybe works fine for all the CoD players that are used to sniping in a 12ft square map, try sniping somehting you cant see at 300+.....
  13. Gr33D

One word: balancing
    [IMG]
  14. Mistikal

One word: LOD.

Its been said many times, why they cant just implement a similar LOD system that planetside 1 had, for example:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. Gr33D

Got pwned. Cries in a corner. :(
  16. KrystOutlander

3 factions - 3 different weapon types made ground up in 3 different ways. These were tested extensively. The Vanu is a damn fast repeating canon that doesn't even require a recock of the weapon, but has no bullet drop at all. Its a straight shot. The TR is like the vanu but it has bullet drop. the NC is one shot and after every shot you have to break scope to recock the weapon and scope again before shooting but is the most powerfull.

This is how it is. Learn to play it. Don't complain it.
  17. Tyrael

The V10 is a good one shot rifle but its bolt action - the first few days your classes will be limited yea
  18. 3face

lol some useless replies here.
    so here how things are:
    Infiltrators of TR and Vanu start with an automatic "sniper rifle" while NC starts with a bolt action sniper rifle . Bolt action if hits headshot its 1 shot(unless its a MAX) TR and Vanu sniper is weaker BUT they can buy the same type sniper bolt action rifle with certs. Same goes for NC they can buy an automatic sniper rifle(which is ********,why would u wanna buy a "bad" sniper?oO) same type as the TR and Vanu starts with.
    I dont understand why limit tr and vanu , doesnt make sense lol
  19. VictoryTR

I always wondered why NC infiltrators were more deadly I just assumed everyone had unlocked the bolt action. That's stupid.
  20. SenEvason

I thought they were infiltrators, not snipers.