I hope you like Lightnings ...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archlyte, May 20, 2014.

1. Vixxing

Thank god you have the Friendly Dalton-skygod-Libs, that consider Lightning tanks more tasty than infantry as a foodsource... ;)

(Too bad you got peasant-skyguard-wagons everywhere, trying to prevent the divine-skygod-protectors from feeding!) :(
    • Up x 1
  2. Atis

Yea, but you always can make things even more accessible. MOAR!
  3. Atis

And more ppl, stuck with useless AA after lib's retreat?
  4. EliteEskimo

Maybe something good will come out of that, like infantry QQing that their mobile AA taxis can't switch loadouts. Then as a result the developers might finally put in a function in on vehicle terminals which allowed you to re-pull another vehicle with a different loadout and no resources lost. One can hope right?:D
    • Up x 7
  5. ElastaPlast

Mass Skyguard Lightning battles is the way forward. ;)
  6. Atis

Wrong :mad:
    Infantry will QQ about something else, since taxis are just, well, taxis. Also, resource gain is one of premium benefits, SOE is interested in more ways to waste some building nanites.

I should bring my snake lucky charm, it does wonders in such battles.

A Python.
  7. Govedo13

As tank driver I noticed the increased spam of low BR stock Lightnings. I love it their cert yield, please add MBTs to each base as well so the low BRs can spawn stock 1/2 MBTs they also give tank superiority bonus.
    As Liberator gunner I love it as well, seems that I would use more often Dalton now.
    As far as for skyguard numbers- they haven't changed.
  8. Axehilt

Ironically nothing has really changed except that avoiding a mistake (playing infantry) is now less inconvenient. Vehicles were and still are the dominant lifeform outdoors, and infantry are still fodder outdoors, so nothing significant has changed.

If someone told you they "don't like playing Paper" in Paper/Rock/Scissors, would you think that person has valid concerns over how that game should be balanced?

Really it's worse than that, since vehicles themselves are all paper (air), rock (tank), and scissors (skyguard) and an infantry player is just saying "pass" each round and automatically losing.
    • Up x 4
  9. Fortress

Well really, it's the infantry's fault for trying to have fun in a FPS.
    • Up x 6
  10. AnnPerkins

on the one hand I hope this will promote more tank battles over sundys on the other hand I have a feeling lightnings will still be used as armored taxis for laggy high BR players to charge your sundy hop out of and drop a couple tank mines and destroy your sundy before they even render.
  11. Ripshaft

I'm so glad that we have such wondrously intelligent people playing this game that they can grasp the full impact of a change before it even happens. All those developers who've spent their lives trying to achieve what our average players can do in seconds - what a twisted world we live in!
  12. oberchingus

nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Also love seeing more NC harassers on the field.
    • Up x 1
  13. Tentakewls

I do like lightnings, it's my most used vehicle
    • Up x 1
  14. Axehilt

Infantry has its place. Indoors.

Which means there are two main problem:
    • Indoor spaces aren't large enough, and usually aren't entirely segregated from outdoor spaces.
    • MAXes are overpowered. (So infantry are also fodder indoors.)
    Where the solutions are fairly clear:
    • Continue making ever-larger indoor portions of the game.
      • I haven't fully explored the new Amerish bases yet, but it felt like they're a step (not a full solution, but a step) in the right direction.
      • Bio Labs' poor design should be a cautionary tale: when the hard spawn is too near the capture points, an indoor-only base is excessively defender-biased. At normal bases you just suppress the hard spawn with vehicles when that's the case, but that isn't (and shouldn't be) possible at an indoor-only base, which means they have to be balanced around that "unsuppressable" trait (which means the hard spawn should be fairly distant and any closer spawns need to be soft spawns instead.)
    • Balance MAXes. (Heavies in TF2 weren't overpowered, because their plodding, durable, high-damage playstyle had enough soft counters and shortcomings that they weren't the automatic best class, so it's definitely possible for a game to offer the MAX playstyle in a way that feels powerful without having it be overpowered. Naturally once MAXes are balanced they would no longer require a cost or cooldown (disadvantages which tried (and failed) to balance MAXes by dancing around the problem of their core capabilities.))
    • Up x 1
  15. DaninTexas

My Annihilator with extra rockets in my pack does not discriminate. Bring it
  16. Morchai

Yeah, we really need the ability to go back to base and change the loadout of an existing vehicle rather than having to pull a new one.
    • Up x 1
  17. kingskorpio80

I have not logged in yet but I for one feel positive about the change, because the number of outpost where it was not possible to sacrifice my self on boring but needed aa skyguard duty was the vast majority of them, so sounds like air might not be able to farm most outpost when they want to without defender being able to counter with the dedicated AA vehicle.
  18. Bloodlet

I like the change personally. More skyguards means less liberators.
    • Up x 1
  19. UberBonisseur

So, when are you posting this Ultimate Logistics and Strategy thread ?

I'd gladly do it, but my faith in the game is long gone.
  20. Nintyuk

Yay! More Sky-Guards!
    • Up x 1