I hope Rogue P is making money

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Jul 10, 2020.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I really hope Rogue P is making money, as I supported the concept of PS going on close to 18 years, my funds began to dwindle on supporting the future developments since they took over. I just don't see the work going into anything worth buying. I already have a lifetime membership that I forked the funds out for.

The grim reality here is, the Veterans are who kept the game afloat and supported it through the years, not all the dead weight taking up space nor spending a single dime in the game.

Meanwhile I spent over $350 in other games, not on this one. I spend bare minimum now and if you don't understand this Rogue Planet, you must be rich to not need money.
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

I'm only speculating here, but I want to say that they're doing reasonably well due to the influx of new players. I've seen a bunch of new players with camos, cosmetics, and weapons they otherwise wouldn't own at such low BR's. I know it could be argued that many are likely alts, but sometimes it's more obvious who is new and who isn't based on the way they play.

The bundles that used to only appear at certain times of the year are now permanently available in the depot as well. So I imagine that's an additional amount of revenue.
    • Up x 1
  3. Twin Suns

They got a PPP loan.

o7
  4. JobiWan

I guess they're doing OK because they're still hiring by the looks of it, the team seems to be 30+ now.

And those 'dead weight' are necessary for the game. Without F2P players there wouldn't be anyone to shoot.
    • Up x 2
  5. Peebuddy

Well since they haven't merged the two US servers I think they're doing pretty good. When they do that you know player numbers are down and they're growing desperate, but so far conts in the US at least are pretty full a good potion of the day.
  6. TripSin

Nah, I don't think they deserve to flourish. I actually hope they go bankrupt. They're just making this game worse and worse over time.
    • Up x 1
  7. BamaRage

Lol, Rogue Planet is still DBG's so yea, bankrupt and then sell the game to someone who might fix it...
  8. BamaRage

For those who believe Rogue Planet is a separate entity from DBG

[IMG]
  9. Twin Suns

Bankruptcy or not, try selling the franchise. I'm sure nobody would buy it anyways. Just look at PS/A. The Planetside name alone couldn't sell it to its own fanbase even. <---Not being mean, just stating the obvious. Businesses are all about making money!

So why would another entity even buy the Planetside franchise? The current market trend for games is, easy to make "cost effective" games with small maps and "no risk all reward" mechanics. Easier to play and not grindy, so more people will buy it. Which means more money with lower costs.
    • Up x 1
  10. Liewec123

They don't need to go bankrupt to fix the game,
    Just get rid of a certain youtuber who was made lead developer for some reason.
    That one guy is dragging the whole ship down, throw him overboard and we'll float on.
    THAT would be the best decision financially, unWrel PS2 and it will be far more attractive.

While he is adding pocket orbital strikes and invincible bastions, the new player are just getting farmed without any ability to retaliate, does Wrel think those players are gonna stick around and invest in that experience?
    • Up x 4