I have still never seen a pumpkin.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gibstorm, Oct 5, 2014.

1. gibstorm

I have done 3 pumpkin alerts.....I have never seen one
  2. ajma

The best part is each pumpking will give you 1 seed and you need close to 200 to buy anything.
  3. Exonis

Spent an entire hour on Hossin during a pumpkin alert, and another hour not during said alert.
    I have never seen a single pumpkin and I'm starting to believe they do not exist (for certain players).

During the Christmas event I found not one, but THREE Golden Snowmen on Esamir.
    And I thought snowmen were rare, these pumpkins must be at least 5x rarer.
  4. Dave Wright

I concur. I have found less than 10 pumpkins across multiple alerts on multiple servers. I was ranked top ten for both Golden Snowman and Regular snowman kills last Christmas season, and so far have a whopping 10 pumpkin seeds. Today, I did NOTHING but search for pumpkins, and found two in a full 1 hour alert. 1 at the very beginning of the alert, and one at the very end. Waste of my time.
  5. LightningWolfTigrBer

I've managed to find 6 over 3 alerts, and got lucky with one of the pumpkins dropping 3 seeds. Blows my mind that I already see people running around with 100 seed cost masks.
  6. Ztiller

I have yet to even bother trying to find one. I play this game to enjoy combat, not to go chasing vegetables.
    • Up x 2
  7. LibertyRevolution

I have not seen a pumpkin either, but then again I am not looking for them.
    If I find one, I probably won't even shoot it, as I don't want any limited time use stuff anyways.
    • Up x 1
  8. Solidpew

The one time I got a pumpkin, it spawned in front of me as I was running forward in an open field. Like, 10 meters in front of me. Fitting that I only got 1 seed from it. ;)
  9. STR1D3R109

My 4 alerts

First one : 1 pumpkin
    Second: 9 (I have no idea how lol)
    Third: 2
    Fourth: 6

So I got one mask, which is nice :3
  10. _itg

They probably paid SC for them. I mean, a handful of people have probably earned 100 seeds by now, but not many.
  11. _itg

But, but, the XP...
  12. DatVanuMan

Many of us have done three pumpkin alerts and have never seen one. I too, have experienced this massive waste-of-time event:(
  13. Goretzu

Maybe it'll ramp up as it gets closer, presently it seems like a massive waste of time and effort to bother actively hunting them - although I do wonder if so many being SC buyable has skewed this event to the P2W/P2Own end of the scale.
  14. Outland

This feels more like an April Fools event.
  15. LibertyRevolution

Wait, pumpkins give you XP?
  16. Diilicious

Pumpkin is a fruit.
  17. _itg

Yeah, something like 300xp, I think. More for the galact-o-lantern.
  18. LibertyRevolution

There is more than one type of pumpkin?
  19. Atis

[IMG]

/thread
    • Up x 4
  20. andy_m

I combine the two. To get killed by me you must be a vegetable...

As for pumpkins... I've not gone looking for them specifically and I haven't stumbled across any yet.

During the Snowman thing I found one ordinary snowman and one golden one. I decided that, after finding the golden snowman I would give up entirely because it just wasn't as fun as actually playing the game.