I have never had my skyguard destroyed a by a liberator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname707, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badname707

What am I doing wrong? Discuss.
    • Up x 4
  2. Maljas23

Not being alone and/or out in the open enough.
    • Up x 4
  3. Goden

I have. Several times in fact.

I've had them chase me while I try to flee into cover and gun me down with their nosegun because the Skyguard has a pathetically long TTK on the Lib - even at point blank.
    • Up x 3
  4. Badname707

I can't even imagine this hypothetical situation. Have you tried hitting the forward or reverse keys?
    • Up x 2
  5. Dalek

You know you have to leave the warpgate to play the game right?
    • Up x 10
  6. Goden

Did you miss the part where I said "While I try to flee into cover"?

This may come as a surprise to you but Liberators can move faster than a lightning.
    • Up x 8
  7. Thardus

Actually, if a Lib comes after my Skyguard, I'd rather be out in the open. Against thermal vision, room to use the full extent of the Lightning's speed and agility is a more reliable defence than static cover, especially against an opponent who can easily attack from any direction.
    • Up x 1
  8. Badname707

Did you flee in a straight line perhaps? Did you try to dodge him, or did you just line up a shot for him? Did you perhaps try using your turning buttons at all? Please help me understand, I need to experience this for myself.
  9. Badname707

On a side note, the best way to learn how to counter a liberator is to fly a liberator and be countered. Discuss.
    • Up x 1
  10. EvilKoala

Unless its a shredder lib, then you're just screwed.
  11. Maljas23

Oh I see. Makes sense.
  12. Badname707

An accurate shredder lib gunner w\ experienced pilot is a scary thing indeed, I'll give you that. It's rarely used to kill infantry, however, so most people don't tend to notice.
    • Up x 1
  13. Pacster

Nope
  14. Thardus

Usually play infantry, so haven't had the misfortune to run into one of those as a Skyguard. I can imagine it would be a nightmare though.
    On the other hand, my experience gunning for a Lib the other day is that being underfire by a Skyguard effectively blinds you, so hitting a moving target, even with a Shredder, might be difficult.
    • Up x 1
  15. Levtech

You're not near me.
    • Up x 1
  16. Tommyp2006

You aren't fighting against Waterson NC air.
    • Up x 1
  17. GaBeRock

I'd like to disagree. I'm a mediocre pilot and still manage to get my gunner in a position to easily farm infantry. People haven't really realized it yet, but shredder is incredibly OP.
    • Up x 1
  18. ValorousBob

Were you wearing your sexiest camo? It sounds like you were practically asking for it.
  19. Aethestis

TLDR
    • Up x 1
  20. Badname707

It wasn't long ago that TR had all the ace liberator pilots, back when the lib was even scarier than it was now. I still found them relatively easy prey from my skyguard (I used to deplete all of my ammo trying to kill the good crews solo in a reaver though. Dark days...)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.