I have giant lags and I don't know why.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlizardX, Sep 30, 2016.

1. BlizardX

For the last two months at least whenever the population of the server reaches 1200 people I suddenly have a huge lag that makes the game unplayable. Before the population reaches 1200 I have just fine lag and whenever the population is low I have very good connection. Strangely on the week ends (at least up until now) even when population is high I still could play and got low lag.

Did someone got the same problem?
    Does somebody have an idea what I can do to fix this?
  2. Ryme_Intrinseca

Misread this as 'I have giant legs'. I am disappoint.
    • Up x 3
  3. PlanetBound

There's a bottleneck somewhere.

Your account settings at your ISP were modified to something lower
    Routing to the server is going through too many hops for what ever reason
    Netflix
    Neighbor stealing your WiFi
    Bad modem or router

Years ago I was playing the Quake1 AirQuake mod on dialup and my ping showed higher than I thought possible. I could play regular Quake no problem. I upgraded my video card later on and my AirQuake ping dropped to 100.
  4. BlizardX

Bottleneck and ISP rating is possible reason, anything else can't be because it doesn't explain why ping exponentially growing when population reaches 1200 people.

But can I do something about the bottleneck without using apps like ping zapper etc.?
  5. PlanetBound

Choosing a distant server would contribute to dragging you down during high population. I suggest you verify your system specs are enough if a distant server isn't the case.
    • Up x 1
  6. DJStacy

My PS2 used to run fine then after an update about 2 months ago I started getting massive game freezes, server latency jumps from around 45ms to over 300ms my game freezes for 10 even 15 seconds then jumps forward to catch up ??

I have 200mb broadband - tried reinstalling the game - watched GPU settings while playing get 60- 110 fps using 85% GPU

No heat issues CPU 65-68
    GPU 55-60C

all cores unparked ....im at a complete loss now at a dead end really ........help lol