I hate when that happens!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Naejin, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Naejin

You get the drop on someone and start firing and for some reason your character suddenly switches weapons to the C4 detonator or repair tool giving the enemy time to retaliate and kill you.

You get killed and try to redeploy in time to defend your cap point only to wind up magically teleported to the other side of the continent with no lattice lines back to the territory you were at. By the time you bunny-hop/teleport your way back to the fight you've lost the cap.

You spot someone in the distance and start firing. One hit, two hits, three, four, five hits. I imagine the conversation in his head. "Just a second, Bob, I think someone's shooting at me." *Turns around and insta-kills you with 3 shots from an SMG at 500m* "Sorry, Bob, you were saying?"

You come running up the stairs and spot a proximity mine just in the nick of time. You step back and shoot it, detonating it, only to run up the stairs and die to the second proxy mine you didn't see.
    • Up x 1
  2. z1967

1. That's why I always carry my jack knife! (but seriously I hate it when that happens)
    2. I just get fed up and fly an ESF/Lib there since that is faster
    3. It seems like their shots are always laser accurate and my shots go between Esamir and Hossin
    4. I usually don't react in time to see the first one :|
    • Up x 1
  3. FateJH

Change the sensitivity on your mouse wheel, or switch to a model that doesn't use it. I had to unbind my melee attack from the center mouse button (which is pressing the mouse wheel in) because it would randomly stab during sustained fire. There wasn't much else I can do about it. To handled the mouse wheel, I just make sure it's settled after a tick.

Unless he's an Infiltrator/Sniper many cases of this sort of encounter involve people who actually have been shooting at you for far longer than your client realizes it.

Outplayed.
    • Up x 1