I HATE Bad Gunners

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EViLMinD, Mar 31, 2015.

1. LodeTria

Nah you're right my bad, I was thinking of the mag-rider where the driver's arrow always points forward and thought it was the same on harassers for some reason.

As a harasser driver myself I know how bad some gunners can be sometimes so I understand a lot of points you've made here. I suppose where you are looking is more important to you than I though since I just use my mic to tell bad gunners where something obvious is, normally in a stern tone.
  2. Endlave

oh, so you want your gunners to keep looking at your health bar all the time instead of what's actually happening around them. Noted.
    you know, if you want your damn gunners to heed your back and call, then get a mic and yell at them all day long. see how long they will last. gunning for you sounds about as fun as watching paint dry.
  3. EViLMinD

Ahh that's right about the Mag. Prowlers and Vanguards are easy as well. Turrets can be seen in third and first person.
  4. TripleMeows

If you need a competent I'd love to help out. I'm always running my Harasser alone or with exactly 1 friend and It is a terrible and unfun experience. I've got a fully certed Harasser (I literally have everything unlocked) and Auraxium Lumb. I'm always driving these days and would love to get back to gunning again.
    • Up x 1
  5. EViLMinD

Why I posted my rants: to find more Harasserists to rampage with.

I'll add ya, amigo. Thanks.
  6. Vango

Just started playing harasser seriously a few days ago, my experience previously was either driving for friends in their ride or occasionally being the random gunner. My choice of wep was the bert since its a nice change of pace to the overly aggro magi I usually run with and I thought is the best option for soloing.

So far I`m pretty sure I`ve had the worst random gunners VS has to offer, including a gent missing 6 consecutive shots on an empty deployed AMS at ~60 meters, and another bright individual who somehow manages to miss the fact that there is an enemy lightning i was tailing for a full minute (that is a VERY long time in the heat of battle) spaming spots on, even when I at the end drove into its front plate just so it fills my gunners FOV. Never seen such tunnel vision before.

From the random gunners I`ve found I have the least success with HA, which is funny considering they are just shooting a better rocket launcher... Overall HAs have the least situational awareness of every other class that has gunned in my vehicle.

The second worst are the medics. IDK why a class that is forced to fight at range with accurate weps is that bad at hitting stuff.

Surprisingly, engis are very hit or miss. Very few of them actually have any idea what they are doing, some dont know they can repair from the rumble seat at all and others do it the moment the vehicle takes any damage, even if there is a burning 2/2 AP prowler right in front of them ...

The best class overall I found to be infils. Apperantly the bert is very similar to a BSR, and after a lot of runs with different random infils i have grown a great appreciation for the art of sniping. It feels like the good cloaker always has 1 eye on the minimap, one eye on the actual map overseeing the global position, a 3rd eye on the back of his head looking behind at all times, and I`m pretty sure 1 guy managed to pick off the sound an enemy infil cloaking from 100 meters to the left of the vehicle and just turned the gun around and sniped him without me even realising what was going on.
    I`m exaggerating a bit ofc but after having the worst of the worst gun for me all of a sudden geting a decent shot with actual real situational awareness makes them look a bit supernatural.

On the other hand my friendlist has grown dramatically.
    Getting picked up by other friendly harasser drivers to form hit squads, being introduced to the amazing super active community of harasser addicts and some of the greatest gunners any vehicle could have has been a blast.
    On top of that I was lucky to be introduced to that one gunner every driver dreams of - prolly not the best overall, but the one that fits your style just right.The one that immediately knows when you`ve acquired a target for them just by the way your regular driving pattern changes from dodge-mode to hunt-mode, no communication necessary. Most importanly also the guy that watches your *** and isnt afraid to call you out when you **** up.

All in all, in just a few short days I feel I`ve already seen the worst, but also got lucky enough to work with some of the very best.
    I`m still having issues whenever a more passive style of play is required in certain situations, but otherwise the super-aggro style I`ve built over time with the maggi is paying off big time in the buggy.
    The very best moments I`ve had are trashing an entire NC armor column with just 4 2/3 bert harassers on Amerish and baiting a 2/2 AP prowler away from his friendlies resulting in a 10 mins extremely tight fight where we just plinked at them whenever we got the chance at range and ran from hill to hill around the frozen river on Esamir. The fight ended with my gunner sniping one of the enemies off while they were reping and after that it was pretty damn one-sided.

10/10 get the rage about random gunners.
    Will still give a chance to anyone just for that rare diamond in the coal, driving solo is but a pityfull shadow of the thrill of working well together with a great gunner.
    • Up x 1
  7. Devrailis

Yup. Seeing my squad gunners rack up those mind-blowing kill streaks is one of the best parts of this game.

Seeing those random pubbies fail to even look at the enemy is one of the most frustrating.