I give up, I'm joining the dumb faction just to avoid their MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alienhatman, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Lemposs

I suddenly have a strange urge to play a NC MAX, with "came in like a wrecking ball" blasting on proxy.
  2. Badname82

The only thing NC Shotgun Max are better at than their equivalents is fighting OTHER Max units. Within 8m NC Max just beat any other Max. That's what they do. That's their thing. They auto-win at <8m, they auto-lose at >15m, and in between it's a toss-up.

As for infantry, all infantry dies to Maxes at short range. It's what Max units do. While it's true an NC max might kill you .1 seconds faster than a VS/TR max will, the NC max will be stuck reloading after killing 3-4 infantry while the other two keep on going and mowing stuff down.

The NC Shotgun Max is better at kicking the door in and halting enemy Max crashes. VS/TR are better at clearing out infantry when there's more than a handful of enemy infantry and fighting outdoors.

All Maxes just melt to rocket/C4 spam anyway.

I'm pretty sure the OP is in for a rude awakening the first time a VS Max crash comes to play.
  3. Krinsee

*Looks at map for base layout*
    *Notices it NC we're fighting*
    *Starts chucking C4 inside each door before entering*
    *profit*
  4. Scatterblak

That was funny, after I looked that word up. :)
  5. rodrigo1942

i will be suprised by the amount of resources you have if you actually do this.
  6. rodrigo1942

max crash is always effective, for every faction.
    it is just that scat max is op at some maps where you are forced to fight indoor short range CQC, particularly bio lab.
  7. Krinsee

Member so extra resource gain, + whenever I have a touch of down time and full resources I cycle through my loadouts at a term to stock them on their equipped consumables to maximize resource use.
  8. The_Blazing

What I feel is wrong with NC MAXes is that while shotguns per se do have their fair share of downsides, in the context of MAXes and how they're used those downsides matter a lot less. For example, shotguns are crap at longer ranges, which is intended to be one of their main balancing points, but have you ever seen a MAX (from any faction) fight at long range against infantry? That's right, MAXes are mainly short-range units and this messes up the intended downsides of shotguns.