I encourage everyone to report ADADAD abuse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trebb, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Trebb

Maybe they'll fix it! If they can't fix the net smooth code, maybe they'll nerf side movement? Seems common sense.

From now on I just report when I see people teleporting side to side.

/discuss
  2. Sazukata

ADAD hitbox abuse is pretty cancerous, but it's not exactly cheating. Don't clog the reports just to make a statement.

If regular infantry had some inertia/momentum like MAXs do, the problem would be mostly eliminated. It would also open the door to being able to raise some classes' maximum movement speed without making the strafe dance worse.
    • Up x 9
  3. adamts01

For the system to get clogged there would have to be someone on the other end going through reports. We'll get the entire outfit to report blatant hackers or malicious TKers with 48+ reports and nothing happens. So I report anything fishy, just to add one more tick against them, but it's entirely in vain.

As for inertia? Hell yes. Nerf that **** to the ground. Give it the same treatment bunny hopping got.
    • Up x 3
  4. OldMaster80

Movement inertia plaese!
  5. MonnyMoony

It'll never happen - people have been asking for this for years. Same with crouch spam.

I suspect a lot of these things get left in because the devs are adept at using them when they play.
    • Up x 4
  6. Halkesh

My point of view is certainly not popular.
    I think being able to do ADADcrouch is a good thing as its the only thing that balance headshot by throwing off the aim. If you aim at the body centermass you won't miss that much bullets.
    However, if you speak about people that have a macro to do that, then yes ban these guys.
    • Up x 1
  7. typnct

[IMG]thats not cheating and deserving of a repots, this is....
  8. Jac70

I have come across people who seem to be able to jump a meter to the side and back again - you cannot track them. When I try and do the same it appears from my perspective that I am barely moving. What's going on there, do these people just have high pings or what?
  9. Liewec123

it is absolutely lame, but its not cheating its lame mechanics.
    [IMG]
    ADAD and crouch spam needs to go i agree there, but its not cheating its utilising a c%%py game mechanic.
    • Up x 1
  10. DeadlyOmen

Blaming the game for missing one's target isn't the path to improving one's aim.
    • Up x 3
  11. Skraggz

We should all stand still and shoot each other like real men....
    • Up x 1
  12. adamts01

Do you speak like a fortune cookie all the time, or just on the internet?
    • Up x 4
  13. DeadlyOmen

Internet.
    • Up x 1
  14. OldMaster80

People with high fps and high ping do actually move faster. There is a video showing i.e. how ROF strongly depends on framerate.
  15. Rydenan

I think being able to dodge adds meaningful depth to the game.

If we force everyone to just stand still and shoot each other, 'Optimal' loadouts will emerge very quickly.
    Something like Heavy Assault + a high-DPS, moderately accurate LMG.
    NS weapons, and others with 0.75x ADS will suffer greatly, since they generally lack raw damage in exchange for mobility.

Tthen there will be a second camp, who picks great hipfire guns and never ADS's so that they can move around while shooting. So we'd likely see an absolute glut of SMG HAs.

And if we remove dodging, then the only metric controlling engagement outcome will be aim. So the super-tryhard muscle memory aimers will dominate uncontested.

In short, I think removing gameplay mechanics that anyone can use only serves to make the game more lopsided and boring.
    • Up x 2
  16. Jbeasty

Such a non-issue in the scope of things in this game...
  17. AlcyoneSerene

Normal ADAD and crouch I find completely fine.

It's the instant crouch and teleport-type ADAD that I find suspicious and impossible to track since it's instant and happens randomly while bullets are projectiles with travel time and CoF etc. Limiting high ping (or enforcing minor nerfs to offset bad ping advantage) and ban on net limiters/ping wizards I imagine would go a long way to resolving this.

Macro use should also be ban offense though I can imagine it being hard to track unless they can track specific repetitive input done thousands of times in the exact same way with possibly the exact same mechanical timing.
  18. Crowne

I wonder if that explains how some players are able to kill me insanely fast. It's not that they have great aim or something, it's more like they're on fast forward.
    Respawn and carry on's bout all I can do about it.

As for the ADAD... I see some people saying they're just using a mechanic. There's a difference between using a mechanic and exploiting a mechanic.
    I don't think the people spamming ADAD like schizophrenic surrender monkeys are using it as the devs intended.
    Imho, the ones that macro it are really the problem.
    • Up x 2
  19. DemonicTreerat

Sugrile in PS1 wasn't considered cheating either. But it got nuked from orbit when enough players made such a huge stink abouit it that no amount of PR could hide the problem. So no, just because something doesn't use a 3rd party program to manipulate doesn't mean it isn't cheating. Hack or exploit, its still cheating and if you don't think game companies won't ban for that, well just ask all the "hardcore raiders" who intentionally bugged out raid bosses then got ban hammered for it.
  20. adamts01

A little bit of juking is one thing, what you see daily on late-night Connery is quite another. During the day, players move fairly smooth, but at night I put away my headshot-hunters because the animations get so twitchy that tracking someone is an effort in futility.

What I'd like to see is 1 of two things.
    • Do some programming work to keep animations smooth regardless of macros/latency
    • Or Limit ADAD spam through a stamina system, similar to what we have with bunny hopping.
    Neither removes dodging from the game.

And for the love of God, add a ping limit to the game, even if it's 400ms.