I don't see water on the PTS, this is intentional or it's a bug ?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ledess31, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Ledess31

I don't see water on the PTS, this is intentional or it's a bug ?
  2. Terrince

I hope it is a bug but they did say it was for a limited time. In that case, it was available Nov 23rd-25th and the 25th was Thanksgiving! (Bad time to offer a play test...)

Saw a video, showing it at Zervan Amp, was able to get on the test server today and no water >_<
  3. Tormentos

I was on the test server during the water event. Both infantry and tank movement under water was slowed down to 50% tanks who can normally go a 78mph are down to a crawling 30mph. As of now, the water still had fall damage (Remember, WIP) and all weapons except knives were disabled under water. You could still equip the weapon, but once you tried to fire, toss a grenade or an ammo pack, mine, Spitfire or hard barrier, the game did not react. No message whatsoever. With knives the only two infantry units under water that were of use were the LA and the infiltrator, since the ability to cloak and the ability to hover over the seabed at great speed made these two the perfect Amaterasu killers.

But keep in mind that in the end product, the infantry abilities are about to be disabled under water. Then the infantry will be divided into predator and prey, since subnautic battle demands subnautic arsenal. Any infantry crossing the seabed floor for the crossing from one island to the other will fall prey to those terrors from the deep lurking in the shadows with harpoons just waiting for defenseless infantry limited to knives.