I don't get all the hype for the TAR...

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by IberianHusky, Mar 20, 2015.

1. IberianHusky

It just doesn't seem all that great to me. I mean sure, it has .75 ADS and it's good in CQC, but that doesn't mean much because a CQC Medic is just going to get shredded by HA. The jittery recoil makes impossible to use anything other than a 1x sight, which makes mid-long ranged combat difficult. It also seems to lack the accuracy to be a headshot machine aswell. I just don't understand the hype for this weapon. I absolutely love the T1 Cycler, NS-11a, and chances are I'll love the TORQ too once I get to it, but the TAR just feels bad to me. It just doesn't mesh with my play style at all.
  2. OldMaster80

I neither love it. It's nice for close quarter and hipfire but imo it's not very versatile and it does not compete with HA armory or cqc stuff like shotguns or smgs.

But hey... it looks so cool!!
  3. Iridar51

TAR is a high DPS weapon with accurate hip fire, SPA, 75% ADS and 40 round magazine. On top of all this juice it costs mere 250 certs. The gun is obviously borderline OP.

Bad accuracy at range is its only disadvantage. True, it's not versatile. But it's a CQC monster.

Lose to HA? Who doesn't?
    • Up x 3
  4. Leivve

TR have the best ARs. If you want one to be confused about make it the SABR. The thing is godly, but just looking at the stats one would be confused by why it is so.
    • Up x 2
  5. IberianHusky

I have no problem shredding HAs even in CQC with the T1 and 11a since they're headshot machines, but the TAR just has too much recoil to be useful to me. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to using 1x sights. Luckily I should be done with this auraxium some time this weekend. Then I'm going to move on to the TRV.
  6. IberianHusky

I'm not debating the awesomeness of our ARs, I just don't really like the TAR. I haven't tried the SABR yet, but chances are I'd really like it. I tend to love high accuracy/low recoil headshot machines.
  7. NinjaEarnBikes

The recoil isn't terrible, just takes some getting used to. The 0.75 ADS M.M. will help you ADAD. The Hip Acc. and RoF help when turning corners.

Its not godly though, just easy to spray and pray.
  8. Kociboss

It's a great gun, but when an ADAD Winrion HA poops on you, there is not much you can do.
    • Up x 1
  9. Leivve

SABR more deserving of the title Battle Rifle then the actual battle rifles. It's a good gun on its own, but if you're a headshot fairy prepare to have your chat spammed with "OP please NERF."
  10. TheKhopesh

Yeah, the SABR-13 is like a laserbeam compared to the massively inaccurate Gauss Rifle Burst on NC.
    (Still my least favorite AR auraxium to date. Heck, the GRB is my least favorite aurax for any weapon of any type so far!)

The 1st shot multiplier on that thing occurs every 2 bullets, but while the SABR has an amazing 0.75 FSM, the GRB has the standard Rifle's 2.15x.
    So the GRB quickly becomes about as difficult to hit at range with than trying to ADS with the TAR.

And if you try to hipfire with it, you're also out of luck!
    Even with a pure CQC setup, after two bursts or so it might as well be like trying to hipfire with the Gauss Prime back when it had HVA bloom!
  11. IberianHusky

Now I've finally finished my TAR auraxium and moved on to the TRV. Definitely liking it a lot better. More firepower and slightly more versatile.
  12. ikillyou1990

Actually, I think the VS have the best assault rifles. All are quite accurate and fairly easy to use. Not much horizontal recoil either.
  13. Leivve

TR are the same, but we also have the benefit of a higher rate of fire, so our burst are stronger, longer, more frequent and we got a sexy 40 round mag with short reload times..

There is a reason the T1 is considered by many to be the best general purpose AR out there, because it has all the traits you would want in an AR.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dualice

I really enjoyed the TAR as a CQ hipfire machine. The last time I used it I was too inexperienced to experiment with the 0.75 ADS, but I remember the ADS accuracy letting it down somewhat.

I often wondered why the TRV didn't have that nice ADS speed. I guess it'd make just that bit *too* good.

+1 for T1 Cycler love.
  15. Leivve

Why:

I pulled the most sensitive spot, and the TRV has the reaction I wanted; unleashing it's load in an explosion of fire and lead. It thrust into me with a force far greater then I expected, considering it's brother the TAR. I braced myself to control the ceaseless pounding as its load spewed all over the infiltrator who thought he could take me from behind. My teammates laid around me, awaiting my touch as I finished off the one who delivered the pizza they never ordered.
    The cloaker raised his own gun to return the favor, but it was a futile attempt; size does matter. The Commissioner released it's 'love' in a single heavy shot. The impact caused my head to roll back, but I stayed focused. I strafed to the side, struggling to control the TRV as it's thrusting continued. The cloaker's gun was more gentle and he ran full speed to avoid my TRV's load. His adrenaline was flowing and he ran with a speed I would struggle to match.
    With the threat in full retreat, I release my grip. The TRV stopped it's thrusting in protest to my ceased love. I reacquired the infiltrator, her form starting to fad as her cloak activated. With one last pull I brought the TRV back to peak, and it resumed it's affection for me, releasing its last burst in a spray all over the infiltrator's back.

Am I banned now?
    • Up x 1