I cried a lot when I heard Wrel was gone, let's get to the main thing , it's time to bring PS2 back

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by littleshan1, May 31, 2023.

1. littleshan1

Wrel thinks the Nanoweave Armor nerf won't affect everyone, because if everyone doesn't take -20% damage from the arms gun the game still won't change , not win win but lose lose

yes , it has changed , everyone uses Flak Armor , it destroys all explosive weapons , c4 , minetank , grenades , nso MAX gun , Heavy Crossbows

but unlike other youtubers vying for Wrel's place, I'm not criticizing, I'm offering solutions

Flak Armor : no longer reduces damage from c4, minetank, grenade, infantry firepower using explosives

Power Knives : Activation damage 900 to 1000

Nanoweave Armor : Reduces damage from shotgun, sniper rifle, sniper scout, Pistol, Knife, SMG by 20%

revert shotgun values back
  2. Somentine

1. Not everyone runs Flak now, you're just so used to no one except vehicle players using it.

2. Absolutely gutting the whole point of running Flak, which is to reduce the damage of moronic low skill mechanics, before dealing with those mechanics, is beyond asinine; fix the splash spam and then we can talk about even removing Flak Armour all together; much like what everyone with a brain was saying about NWA (and were ignored).

3. I see what you're trying to do with Power Knives/shotguns and your NWA change, but no because:

4. Let us not add more defenses to bs mechanics that just need (or needed) to be nerfed.
    • Up x 3
  3. tigerchips

Personally i think flak armour and nanoweave should be removed. I think anything that adds health is a bad idea, makes the game more random and less skilled. To prevent explosive spam... C4 should be limited to Light Assault only, and only engineer should have Anti-vehicle mines. Grenade Bandolier maximum amount of grenades should be 2. Perhaps with the exception of non-aggressive grenades like repair, heal, grenades to 3.

What i'm trying to say is...
    Engineer = vehicle mines
    Light Assault = C4
    Infiltrator = personel mines
    Medic = nothing
    Heavy Assault = nothing

I think that's how it was years ago and i'm not sure why that was changed, other than the fact that this whole game is designed to drain your certs.
  4. That_One_Kane_Guy

Pump action slugs can be un-nerfed, though. Losing the one shot HS in CQB destroyed that entire playstyle.
  5. Somentine

Yeah idk why they did that. If I remember they did buff it in other ways, like lowering the CoF while moving. I'd say that we don't need more OHK weapons (brought back) in the game, but they went and buffed the AMRs, so I guess a worse sniper/amr isn't really a problem.
  6. That_One_Kane_Guy

Honestly in CQB I'd say it is (was) almost competitive as long as you didn't fight too many at once or were able to take people by surprise, the trickiest part was getting close enough. I'd love to look at the usage numbers for PA slugs now though.