I COME FROM THE FUTURE ! And I've played the continent locking...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UberBonisseur

Hear, hear, for I come from the future.
    March 2015
    Continent locking has chased the 3rd faction away !

Now the devastated wastes of the forgotten warpgates are constantly raided by opportunists and scavengers looting its deceased corpse. The frontline has extended, and the population is up in arms. BLASPHEMY they say, swinging their torches and hurling insults on the forums.

The madman was muttering in his basement:
    "TREMBLE, FOOLS ! THE ERA OF GHOSTCAPPING IS UPON US ! THE GREAT DESTROYER HAS RETURNED !" "I warned them... I WARNED THEM... It's the GAMS. That... thing ! Flying spawn... an ABOMINATION !"

May 2015
    It's the hex all over again, except this time, players are too fast to get around, too lazy to defend, and too angry to take the blame. The rumor has spread that hitting the redeploy button would kill you off PERMANENTLY; outfits have declared illegal to defend bases.
    The masses are rising and discontent is spreading like wildfire. The cash shop has been pillaged, and violence grew as camo got scarce. Cert sinks were torched. Outfits started to crumble...

September 2016:
    Facing the uproar, SOE has decided to close off every lane in emergency. They did not expect that situation. Continental transfer was late on schedule, and warpgates were non-functional. No one knew how jumping from one continent to the next would work, and everybody feared it would create a singularity.

In an attempt to prevent one side from capturing a continent, the Ministry of Communication and Information introduced the "Great Strategy Improvement Plan". They closed off all the lattice lanes and redirected the focus to the last safe places on Auraxis: The Crown, Firearms Corps, and The Ascent. There is only a single path to the meatgrinder now...

February 2017
    I'm scared.
    Scared and alone.
    Mindless hordes of zombies are knocking at the Spawn room. We are holding them off... for how long ? They gaze in awe at the shields. Although they don't seem to have any form of intelligence, they are relentless.
    This will never stop. They will never have enough. Strategies and tactics are entirely unefficient; if we don't outnumber them, we are doomed.

I have finally achieved my time machine. The world must know...
    • Up x 2
  2. Ash87

Did you have to kill the gunshop owner before coming over here to tell us this? I mean, I know you were naked and all... but the blood is just... Everywhere.

...Also, why did you have to make the time machine that forced you to travel naked?! If you had just waited another year, I'm sure you could have brought your clothes... WHY UBER, WHY!?
    • Up x 3
  3. Koldorn

Hmm.... future spandex appear to have advanced considerably...

It's as if he really is wearing nothing at all...
  4. UberBonisseur

No time to wait.
    I'll borrow clothes from some biker along the way.

Hope no one followed me.
    • Up x 1
  5. Prudentia

how about stew360's future self? hilarity would be ensured!
  6. UberBonisseur

Depending of your point of view, he has either evolved into a transcendant species, or gone back to a primordial being.

Truly a sight to behold.
    • Up x 2
  7. KnightCole

The Future KnightCole will still be the one sitting in a tower, holding off the hordes of Zombies with my Exmag EM6 =D The one last Nanite terminal and a heap of conc nades =D
  8. Latrodectus

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. z1967

Future me is that one Pilot who is just sitting on top of a tower like "yep, that happened."
    The future sounds kinda lame.
  10. Liquidrider

I always enjoy a good fun thread once and a while certainly a nice change to the NERF THIS NERF THAT NERF EVERYTHING! :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Shinrah

Ahem...isn´t Cont locking a way to prevent boring ghostcaps? Isn´t the idea that if you lock 1-2 conts people are forced on the remaining conts and defend those.
    I´ve played PS1 which had way less players and way more continents, and while ghostcapping was an issue there aswell we still had plenty of great fights. Since I don´t see SOE pushing out 5 more conts. anytime soon I somehow doubt locking a cont or two will increase ghostcapping, it should actually increase the density of fights because players will have to fight on the remaining terrain.
  12. AltF4Fun

And the whiners still claim this game will die out in no time.We have someone from the future that claims something else.
    • Up x 3
  13. Flashtirade

But is everything chrome in the future?
    • Up x 1
  14. UberBonisseur

The time-traveling is just too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!
    • Up x 1
  15. DJPenguin

I actually come from the past where continental locks are good in PS1.
  16. Bruhja

Ok the me put this to you in simple terms locking a continent was always part of Planetside, Planetside2 is like planetside without the intelligent part. Locking continents in PS1 gave your empire a global benefit some gave you global Techplant benefits(so tech regardless of what owned facility you were on no matter what continent). Others gave global biolab benefits or amp station(increased minimap radar capabilities). the continents could also only be invaded in a certain order because of how the warpgates connected them together, effectively a global lattice.

I am for continent locking because the benefits gave you something to fight for.

I also believe they need to bring back Sanctuaries(empire specific continents, basically the warpgate but its own continent)

Lastly MOVE THE NO GO BOUNDARIES TO 200M OFF SHORE. I mean come on map boundaries like this on an mmo are so 1999.
  17. KnightCole

NERF FUN, NERF IT NAO!!!!!
  18. KnightCole

But in PS2 cont locking is pointless with out the ability to warpgate vehicles to other conts....so you get a 50% cheaper tanks cost....ok, there is nothing to tank...

The enemy cant fight here anymore. Or they can but its just random ghosting around the cont like I did in PS1.

if we can warpgate vehicles then it would mean something.
  19. UberBonisseur

I fought only to humiliate the enemy, throwing severed heads above their walls and lining up corpses at their doors.

Not because of some "snowballing" benefits (although gaining enemy tech wasn't exactly snowballing)
  20. RadarX

Extremely exciting and please ensure you pass me some good stock tips assuming you were not followed by Time Cops. A little off topic so we do need to close this.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.