I can't get over how AWESOME Hossin bases are!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rovertoo, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Rovertoo

Really, no joke. Sure, a lot of the bases are that same long raised building thing, but the completed bases are all a ton of fun to play! Gourney Dam is by far my favorite, and I wish we had more bases like it.

So I was wondering why nobody seems to play on Hossin? 96+ fights are found everywhere on the other continents, but Hossin seems devoid, even given the incredible bases like Gourney Dam, Chac water purification, Hunters Blind, etc.

And, as a suggestion, I would love to see similar bases on the other Continents. (more) Bases with new mechanics like controllable/activatable bridges, large open spaces with lots of cover like Gourney dam, and cool generator connections like with Chac.

Gosh I love Gourney Dam. I really wish the other centerpoint bases like the Ascent and the Crown were more like it.

(Or at least give the Crown a large cavern or series of catacombs below it, really spice it up!)

Something else I've noticed about Hossin, is that it showcases the worst of redeployside. Because most fights are relatively small, redeploying squads make a huge difference in fights. I have yet to see a single base taken within the last ~45 minutes because each fight just swings between 55% Attackers, 44% Defenders (1% Vanu), to 55% defenders, 45% defenders (and the defenders redeploy to a fight with better population). So as soon as the attackers are swept off, the just redeploy to another fight and no pushes are made anywhere.
    • Up x 4
  2. BlueSkies

I love Hossin, but alot of people with lower end computers refuse to play there because it tanks their frame rate. :(
    • Up x 3
  3. Dieter Perras

I love Hossin as well but if you look at every other continent most of the veteran players are used to playing on huge open maps with very little cover where long range weapons and vehicles are king.

I think that it'll just take some time for them to adjust the Hossin.
    • Up x 1
  4. RykerStruvian

I wanted to chime in, Hossin is ******* awesome. It FEELS like Planetside. I love it. The bases do not feel copypasta and it just...I don't know, it's so weird. It definitely feels like Planetside.
    • Up x 2
  5. r4zor

Hossin and Amerish IMHO have both nailed base design (except for Biolabs and some irks I have with Subterranean Nanites) and IMHO are more enjoyable to fight over. Wall-Esamir also has a few good bases e.g. NS Science Institute (forgot the "real" name), but overall not as enjoyable.
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

strangely enough, ever since hossin was released i have rediscovered my untamed passion for the cold snowy plains of esamiro_O previously it was nothing but indarindarindar for me
  7. Lord_Avatar

I find Hossin totally awesome as well. It reminds me of Bitter Coast from Morrowind. :cool: