I can't deploy where I want?!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by YoteCoyote, Aug 13, 2014.

1. YoteCoyote

Whenever I go to the map to deploy, only 4 or 5 points are shown at one time. I can not deploy to other continents unless I join a squad and use squad deploy. Even then the deploy point does not appear until after I have deployed. Most of the time, I can not deploy to a hotspot but have to deploy 2 to 3 regions over and travel that way. This includes warp gates, sunderers, and normal region deploys. I can however use the deploy list to the left but I would like to see where I'm going.[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. zant91

It happens to me also, sometimes I have to deploy on a Mosquito, and go flying to that place, once I reach the place, I can spwan there on the sunderers for example.
  3. Arazons

Been like this for a while and it is never consistent.. Can try bunny hopping spawn where you can then redploy to where you want. works maybe 60/40???

They are working on changing alot of things in regards to the mission system. So i wouldnt fret it too much as a new system is tentatively scheduled for sept. which will bring along with it new dynamics for spawning
  4. Zhakathoom

I can't wrap my head around the design decision that limits the number of deploy-points on the map. As long at it's controlled by your faction you should be allowed to deploy anywhere. The way it is now you have to bunny hop to get where you want, or fly a ESF there..

- Z
    • Up x 1
  5. iccle

The spawn rules are pretty simple, you can always spawn at:
    The warpgate.
    Your nearest major facility/base.
    Your nearest minor facility/base.
    Your nearest sunderer.
    Your squad leaders spawn beacon or sunderer.
    If you want to travel further afield, then you need to actually travel there first or at least into range of the hex.
    • Up x 1
  6. Gammit

^ This, and also not a technical support issue.
  7. iccle

Doing that would give defenders such an unfair advantage, attackers have to travel to get to the place to attack, they have to bring sunderers to ensure they have a spawn point, if all of a defending empire could spawn in to every base, then any attack would be rendered useless before it started.
  8. Zhakathoom

Ok. I'm not sure I agree with you since I can pretty much bunnyhop wherever I want within 4-5 redeploys, and in the great scheme of things I don't see how those 40-50-seconds is going to not render you attack useless before it started. It's just awkward, but totally doable.

But ok, let's say that attacking a base interrupts the teleportation-karma-zumba in the area, and that you can only spawn into an attacked base as a defender if you're inside that zone. But outside of any zone that's being attacked the teleportation-karma-mumba is just fine and thus enabling teleporting/spawning at any non-attacked base.

This just alleviates the awkwardness of the bunnyhop-redeploy without making it so that defenders would have an unfair advantage.

- Z
  9. Raithe

What icicle said is exactly what I have been trying to figure out for ages. I am not sure what my disfunction is but it seems the menus/game structure is very complex and not explained at all. Had to find this page with the google search engine. I'm not sure why it is so difficult to just find good solid info on site for how all aspects of gameplay work. Games need an instruction manual.