I can no longer play this game.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by xGreedFuSioN, May 23, 2013.

1. xGreedFuSioN

The game runs fine on my PC, 40-60fps huge fights ultra 1080p, 130+ in warpgate. but the lag, my god the lag. Everyones teleporting, hit detection is non existent.. I've pinged the servers and gotten 97 ping, which isn't even that bad. but yet everyones teleporting around, I cant use jump jets, overshield, cloak, medical kits, my shields wont recharge, I can't access terminals.
    it never ends.
    Fix your friggin servers, so I can enjoy the game.
  2. xGreedFuSioN

Oh and did I mention it takes 2 MINUTE TO DEPLOY.
  3. OmegaSupreme

me neither same problem they fk it up with their updates without fixing the core issues they have since the beginning of this game
    • Up x 3
  4. MajorSharpe

I have been playing this game for 2 weeks and i was enjoying it a lot. The game ran perfectly and only lagged a
    bit close to a huge zerg but since 2 days ago i am unable to play anymore. My fps go from 1 to 10 and i just get killed around without even knowing what hit me. My computer is brand new and the game used to run perfectly so what is the damn problem? I have a great internet connection too. What makes me even more sad is that i just bought 3500 station cash and now i don't feel like playing it no more under these conditions :(

I have also lowered the settings manually and upgraded my catalyzer nothing helps! I'm pissed too that it took me 30min to delete 65000 files out of my pictures fold but that's another topic.
  5. TAGEMBAGEM

I have no problems with lag or warp or whatever. Ping of nearly 100 is a bit high for the FPS.
    Mine is 30.
    You should also check your packet loss as well.
  6. OmegaSupreme

other games are working what packet loss u talking about?
  7. The King

What server are you on?
    I haven't experience this yet..
  8. Czuuk

It was happening yesterday on Waterson. I had to log out twice because everybody and I mean everybody was rubberbandtelewarping everywhere. I think some issues were addressed by the hotfix.
  9. joeski

It doesn't matter which server you are on, it's not the server, it's not PS2. It's your PC. To be specific - it's your CPU timings and it's probably because of motherboard energy saving software changing your clock speed.
    Granted most games still work when you have this issue, but sadly PS2 doesn't.
    See this thread
    • Up x 1
  10. TAGEMBAGEM

About the data packet loss.
    If you are warping around the place it could be your network related...it could be the route from you, your ISP to PS2 servers that is messed up..check the ping and packet loss.
  11. Zcuron

Please forgive the offtopic-ness of this reply;
    Might I inquire what hardware you are using?

Specifically;
    CPU, memory (size & speed), motherboard, and OS.

As for your issues, I would recommend having a look at the thread joeski linked.
    Primarily because it's the only thing that can be done from your end - merits a try.

Quoted to recommend this thread which joeski referenced.
  12. xGreedFuSioN

i7 3770k @ 4.4Ghz
    EVGA GTX 670 @ 1100Mhz
    G.Skill Sniper RAM 16GB @ 1866Mhz, Latency/timings of 8-8-8-24
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA1155 Motherboard
    Corsair CX750 Modular power supply
    Corsair C70 Arctic white mid tower case
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Specific enough? Built her myself.
  13. xGreedFuSioN

bump, 911 pls halp.
    I tried all the ways around in that thread and NOTHING has worked. :/
  14. Zcuron

... And you're getting;

In terms of performance?

What the hell?!?

Here are my specs;
    i7 3770k @ 4.4Ghz
    EVGA GTX 680 @ stock
    Kingston HyperX Beast, 32GB @ 2400Mhz, 11-13-13-32 (... these names make it almost embarrassing to list them)
    ASRock Z77 Extreme6
    Fractal design 800w Modular power supply.
    Fractal design R4.

Windows 7 home, 64 bit.

Also built myself, here's my performance;
    120 FPS maximum in the warpgate. (though I usually limit it to 60 in the .ini file)
    Downwards to 15-20 fps in large fights. "CPU limited"

If there are a lot of people at the warpgate, my FPS can go down to 30 there as well.
    For example, after a disconnect when people log back in, it would drop to around 20-30 in the warpgate.

"Ultra" preset, modified;
    1. Shadows are turned off. (shadows load the CPU)
    2. Render distance reduced to 1250. ("I don't need more than that anyway")

Edit; I usually run "WindowedFullscreen", but have not noticed any major FPS difference by changing it to Fullscreen.
  15. xGreedFuSioN

I'm not actually at full max, I tweaked a few things.
    Turn render distance to 2k, turn flora off, turn shadows to low, lighting to medium, turn off ambient occlusion. It'll look about the same give or take and you'll get alot better performance. also not running PhysX, causes crashes.

EDIT; Also don't use Vsync, I limited crysis with vsync to 60 ofc and it couldnt get past 40fps, but if i turned it off it was 150+ (i play on low settings for max fps + it looks fine in crysis 3) no problem, so that might be an issue as well.
  16. Zcuron

Duplicated those settings, logged on; (miller - EU)
    Indar warpgate, walked to the galaxy terminal and turned around to face the spawn.

94-100 fps, CPU limited.

@Edit;
    I never use Vsync, it causes a multitude of problems.

Like I said, I limit my FPS to 60 in the .ini file as more frames than that are wasted.

Edit;
    I wish to extend my thanks for your willingness to assist me in figuring out this... riddle.
  17. BlackDove

What the hell indeed!? You both have better CPU's and GPU's than me, and I run the game fine, just CPU limited in huge Zergs. I have an i5-2320, 16GB DDR3 1333, GTX 660Ti(UNDERclocked/reduced power target to 80%).

Always get my 60 fps Vsync when there's not many people around, no matter the graphical complexity, even with Ultra textures on. It's just when there's too many people that I drop to low FPS from the CPU limited player tracking, and even then, since the GPU isn't lagging, it's playable at 30fps CPU limited. I have everything in game maxed out, including flora, ambient occlusion and PhysX. I've even forced high quality texture filtering in the drivers, with triple buffered adaptive Vsync on. I've also limited my fps to 60 in the .ini because of the map overheating glitch(although that doesn't fix it).

Your performance should be way better than that.
  18. xGreedFuSioN

Thank SOE'S
    "Optimization"
    I lost alot of FPS this patch, I'm down to the 20's in any kind of fight now.
    Done with PS2, I'll check back in GU15.