I am so dissapoint (end of 2x XP and amerish fog)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nocturnal7x, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Nocturnal7x

So on mattherson it seems everyone is vanu now. Fix pop pl0x sorny pl0x.

[IMG]

Then I go to amerish because why not right? how could this session of planetside be any worse than being outnumbered 10 ZOEs to every one of our infantry..what do I see on amerish? nothing.

[IMG]

[IMG]

SOE never ceases to impress me with their poor decision making. Im impressed SOE. GG

Please fix broken things.
    • Up x 2
  2. DashRendar

41% pop is outrage worthy? Waterson has been nearly 50% TR since release, it's only leveled out since WDS thanks to ZOE and people feeling bad for NC.
    • Up x 2
  3. f0d

you could always play on briggs
    [IMG]
    pic of about 10 mins ago

most of the time VS on briggs have the lowest pop and we rarely win an alert (i cant even remember the last time we have - maybe months ago)
    not complaining but just saying different servers have different faction ratios
    • Up x 1
  4. Gustavo M

Overpop is something that can't be "fixed". Even if you set up specific rewards, penalties, anything that motivates players to spread around instead of focusing in one empire/team.... there will always be "that" empire/team that everyone will want to play. Because of (e-celebrity name goes here), cool kids klub, etcetc.
    Unless if they simply restrict new players to join an empire with population above than expected. Which sadly, it will never happen.
    • Up x 1
  5. Camycamera

actually the pop on briggs goes up and down, a couple of months back VS had the most pop w/ TR the lowest pop, last month or so TR had the most pop, followed by VS, and yesterday NC had the most pop on prime time w/ VS at the lowest.

but sometimes it is even steven.

the pop on briggs changes all the time so suddenly, just like Melbourne's god damn weather.
    • Up x 2
  6. f0d

while this is true MOST of the time lately (last month or 2) VS have had lower pop

but yeah i do agree with you apart from that - it does go up and down like a freakin yoyo but we still havnt won an alert in months (unless VS snuck one in while i wasnt playing)
  7. SinerAthin

The fog is actually pretty nice.
    If anything, I'd want them to introduce thicker cloud mists.

Fog, dust or similar effects are perfect for masking yourself from the enemy ;)

I'd be ecstatic if we got dust storms on northern Indar of fierce, blinding blizzards on Esamir. I love flying in those things!
    • Up x 3
  8. Hibiki54

They had that fog on Amerish and Esamir. I actually love it.
    • Up x 1
  9. JackD

Saw that over the imapct side once, while in my ESF and i actually liked the idea. But i also remember a teammate complaining about all the fog while all i could see was just the clear sky. So it is a nice idea but iam not sure it is the same for everyone. It my differ with graphic settings.
  10. Badname707

I think it might be a bug. There's a spot on Indar's lake by Scarred Mesa that you can jump into. Instead of being underwater, everything is just a fog, exactly like the fog in your pic.
  11. SafetyDance

wawawa

Pop fluctuates a lot and vanu has been doing quite well at times in the past weeks - that is if they participated in alerts; also unlike nc they can actually take territory with 40% or even just 33%+ pop.
  12. Crackulous

For me it's not all that bad. Our faction is nearly always on Indar. When there's an alert, TR and NC go and fight it off while a substantial amount of their land gets ghostcapped. Then they come back and good fights are to be had.
  13. f0d

wasnt complaining at all infact i said
    im just pointing out that not every server has a VS overpop and they dont roflstomp everyone everywhere
  14. Zotamedu

Except the last month when NC sits on 37 % population every day so now only VS has the right to complain about population on Waterson.
  15. IamDH

What does the fog have to do with this? Its a good thing tbh

Fog =/= Pop balance
  16. deggy

It's ZOE FOG.
    • Up x 4
  17. Serafine

Actually Ceres appears to be the most balanced server (also NC is quite strong on Ceres).

I like the fog! Increasing rendering range and putting on fog shadows helps a bit but note that the thickness of the fog varies over time. It appears we we actually have some kind of "proto-weather" right now. On Indar north warpgate one day you go out and cannot even see the pylons of the warpgate shield, another day the sky is clear and you can see everything up to the horizon. Also note that on Esamir the fog mainly sticks to the frozen riverbeds (which is the way it should be).
  18. SafetyDance

wawawa
  19. Sen7rygun

Nerf Melbourne's weather SOE, DO IT NOW!
  20. BengalTiger

That's how I think it works, there was a big haze on Esamir on Saturday IIRC, couldn't see a thing across a frozen river and my little tank unit had to adapt to conditions and move.
    Several minutes later when we fell back, the sky was clear and visibility was excellent.

Perhaps it's a warm up before Hossin gets released, and a sign of some really cool things to come.