I am not one to complain much at all, but...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Biddion, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Biddion

this is the second maintenance this week during Briggs's prime time. Can we be a bit more judicial with these hotfixes?
  2. Moz

NOOOooooo, that would be far to logical.......
  3. r4zor

Yeah, way to be SOE. Maintanence always during European/Asian primetimes. -.-
  4. LIKE A BOSS!

US company get over it.
  5. Kislany

And maintenance during double XP weekend?
  6. r4zor

Where is the problem doing it automatically (you know, pre-scripted stuff?) during EU / Asian mornings?
    Just because its a "US" company (actually Sony is Japanese!) doesnt mean they have to be customer-unfriendly..
  7. andy_m

It's a pity that SOE don't close down the forums at the same time that the game is down...
  8. LIKE A BOSS!

Tell me where the planetside 2 studio is located. There's your answer.
    • Up x 1
  9. r4zor

And how does that answer my post? Stop being narrow-minded. It would be easy for them to do restarts on a scripted basis during non-prime times for everyone outside US. As I said just because they are located in the US doesnt change the fact that they should pay attention to this stuff. It's called PR.
  10. LIKE A BOSS!

It's pretty stupid to take down half the servers for an update just because the other half is in a different time zone when they can just do them all at once. It's not SOEs problem you live in a different timezone. I don't like the time they do. I haven't seen 1 MMO that doesn't turn all of there servers off at once for an update. (well besides WoW).
  11. r4zor

Yeah but its their fault if they ignore the needs of European, African, Asian & Australian gamers. This is just bad PR for them.
    And if Blizzard can manage it why not SOE as well?

See, things like this and arguments like "duh, your fault you live outside US" is what makes you US people look egocentrict.
  12. novicez

Soooo it's their fault for actually applying an update wherein majority of their playerbase is not playing on said time? Oh my, the level of entitlement of this one....
    • Up x 1
  13. r4zor

Not sure about the exact numbers but I'd say about 50% of their playerbase are currently unable to play during (early) prime-time hours.
  14. LIKE A BOSS!

You have a lot to say since you're coming off as pretty arrogant. SOE (not Sony just SOE) isn't the same size as blizzard. If you get this mad over not being able to play then tell some of your game designers in Europe to make more games so we won't have to hear this BS.
  15. r4zor

Where did I say I got mad? I didnt even start this thread o_O All I said was that for SOE its bad customer relations doing this stuff repeatedly over years. And you sure cant argue against the idea of having separate downtimes for non-US servers.